What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Darrell Scott: Coming back or moving on?

How do you feel about Darrell Scott leaving or coming back?

• I think he will stay and I will welcome him back

Votes: 46 28.2%
  • I think he will stay and I will not welcome him back

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I think he will leave and I will miss him

Votes: 66 40.5%
  • I think he will leave and I will say good riddance

Votes: 20 12.3%
  • I don't know what I think but I will say "I knew it" when he does decide

Votes: 28 17.2%

• Total voters
While I didn't want DS to leave, and I don't feel he was given much of a shot at playing while here, the fact that he quit mid-season makes it very hard for me to welcome him back.

I think Alferd might have something else, something very, very special arranged for the kickers and punters.
Good. Because, to be honest, and it pains me to say this, but we need a punter and kicker more than we need a running back.

We're not in a position to be telling kids to go somewhere else. Especially kids with that kind of potential. Granted, he hasn't lived up to his potential yet, but we need all the talent we can get our hands on.

If he's willing to come back, I'm glad to have him.

:yeahthat:

Until Mister Jones signs his LOI, I am very nervous about our future at RB. If Scott came back next year and redshirted, works his ass off to get back into good graces of the coaches, the players, and to be in top physical condition then we have a good separation of players at RB between classes.

No matter what, we need at least two talented starting calibre RB's at the top of the depth chart each season.

Oh, here it is.

unicorn-1.jpg

Not to nitpick, but why d'ya think CU gave Munchie a unicorn with a Longhorn coloration?

I'm pretty sure his teamates feel like he stabbed them in the back. So, if he does decide to return, he will have a lot of trust to regain. That is not saying he can't do it. It will just be hard. He kind of walked out on them at a bad time.

He might have hurt Talkins feelings too.. :rolleyes:

Not to nitpick, but why d'ya think CU gave Munchie a unicorn with a Longhorn coloration?

As I view it, the magical beast is walking away from a burnt orange sky. Presumably toward mountains that we can't see.

I'd welcome him back, not sure the team would. We could really use him next year, not to mention the potential is still there. Maybe taking the end of the season off has helped him heal and he won't have nagging injuries. Our RB depth next season is very scary to me, especially with the possibility of Sumler transferring. I'm surprised someone closer to socal isn't giving him a scholarship offer, they must be pretty unimpressed.

I'm surprised someone closer to socal isn't giving him a scholarship offer, they must be pretty unimpressed.

I'm sure San Diego State or Fresno State will let him transfer..

UCLA/USC seems out of the picture and unless he wants to go the ARizona schools (which might take him) he doesn't have much choice..

Yeah I'd assume so too, but then again I'd be shocked if he didn't get an offer from both Arizona schools. Fresno might not be a bad place for him, they run the ball a ton don't they? I'm not sure I'd want to spend any kind of long term time in Fresno, though.

I wish it would come out what caused him to transfer. Seems to me like it's very possible he had some 'high school drama' issues that would be his girlfriend dumped him or cheated on him and without any family around, he wanted to ditch. Or maybe he's pissed that he can't unseat Speedy and figured at the very least UCLA would be all over him with a scholarship offer.

How many 20-21 year old kids haven't made a decision that they had second thoughts about, especially when it didn't turn out the way they expected it to. We are not talking about a 28 year old going to Cleveland as a free agent or not signing an extention thinking he is going to strike it rich. We are talking about a young man who was told by everyone, from a multitude of different schools that he was going to be not just a star but the center of attention. For various reasons, some of which I think are not fair to the kid it didn't work out and he reacted.

If he moves on I wish him well (and maybe a lot more so it might make a certain coach examine how he does things,) if he stays I will support him fully and hope that he can show some of the promise that we all expected. As to his teammates, any resentment or negative feelings they might have will go away the first time he bust his butt and makes a big play that contributes to a win. One of the realities of football is that everyone, no matter how good they are or are expected to be makes mistakes on or off the field. Players respond to what a guy does after the mistake, a lesson we fans could learn from.

For whatever reason(s) DS didn't look like an ultra high level Pac-10 RB while with the Buffs, at least in what you could observe from the times he got on the field. So there won't be any USC, UCLA, or OR interest. He is looking at lower half PAC-10, MWC, or WAC.

If he returns to CU he won't see an increase in PT, probably the opposite. Darrell needs some strategic football counseling but seems to have no one to give it to him. A return to the Buffs is the worst thing he could do, personally, in terms of football. He needs to get humble and seek out a Fresno, a UNLV, a San Jose State, or a Nevada.

For whatever reason(s) DS didn't look like an ultra high level Pac-10 RB while with the Buffs, at least in what you could observe from the times he got on the field. So there won't be any USC, UCLA, or OR interest. He is looking at lower half PAC-10, MWC, or WAC.

If he returns to CU he won't see an increase in PT, probably the opposite. Darrell needs some strategic football counseling but seems to have no one to give it to him. A return to the Buffs is the worst thing he could do, personally, in terms of football. He needs to get humble and seek out a Fresno, a UNLV, a San Jose State, or a Nevada.

This all assumes education is not a factor - he could do a lot worse than coming back to CU. I'm sure he has NFL aspirations, but let's not assume this decision is 100% about football.

Stanford might be a great choice. Excellent school in CA, so a little closer to home. They're getting more national recognition with Harbaugh there, and Gerhart will be gone by the time DS is eligible to play again.

I will disagree. Football is consumed with metrics and DS has the metrics. Just like everyone here is excited about Tony Clemons because of his rating coming out of HS- Michigan fans did not think it was a big loss.

Even with DS limited playing time at CU, you could show some flashes of brilliance. USC and UCLA have too many rbs and probably don't need another one but a lot of PAC 10 schools would love to have him.

As much as most of us would like to see him wearing the black & gold next year. It's not our decision. As it's been pointed out before, DS needs to regain his teamates trust as well as the coaching staff. Not to mention that he needs to get a new attitude regardless of what school he ends up playing at. I'm going to guess that he's been rejected at most of the schools he's been interested in. And maybe not?

I've seen no shred of evidence he's interested in coming back, and that would be a tough thing to do quite frankly.

I think we will hear he has a definitive plan in place as soon as he leaves campus for SoCal during break. I wouldnt' count Texas or Florida schools out of the question. Looking at what Slick has coming in, and despite my inherent distrust in everything Slick, it just doesn't look like UCLA is in the cards.

It doesn't look like UCLA is in the cards because they told him they don't have room for him.

Celestine left the team mid-season and when he returned, Hawk made him walk-on. When Ryan Wallace left, there were rumors that he wanted to come back a week or two later. As the rumor goes, Hawk told him he can walk-on if he wants to return to the team.

Not the most concrete/comparible situations, but if either of those is true, I just don't see Hawkins changing his mind on this policy. But, hey, if he comes back as a walk-on, he's guaranteed a ton of playing time.

Not the most concrete/comparible situations, but if either of those is true, I just don't see Hawkins changing his mind on this policy. But, hey, if he comes back as a walk-on, he's guaranteed a ton of playing time.

now that you mention it, maybe that was his strategy all along. man, scott is smarter than i thought

I hope he comes back to the team and finishes what he started. Certainly his time at CU hasn't been what we had all hoped it would be.

If I was him, I would ask CU if I could have a redshirt year next season. He may need a redshirt year, academically. That would leave him with 2 years to play for whoever coaches the team in 2011.

That is smart and totally what I would do if I were him.

Back