What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Darrin Chiaverini hired!!!

From the CU official site:

Darrin Chiaverini, who enjoyed a stellar career at the University of Colorado as a receiver in the late 1990s, will return to his alma mater as co-offensive coordinator, receivers coach and recruiting coordinator, head coach Mike MacIntyre announced Tuesday.

“It’s unbelievable, it’s something that’s been burning inside me and is obviously close to my heart,” Chiaverini said. “I can’t really put into words how excited I am to come back to a place I call home. Working my way up through the coaching ranks, it’s something I’ve always had my eye on to return to Colorado.

“I wanted to be a part of the program when I was younger, watching CU games in California growing up,” he added. “The stars just aligned to make a dream come true a second time.”

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=210588306&DB_OEM_ID=600

From the CU official site:

Darrin Chiaverini, who enjoyed a stellar career at the University of Colorado as a receiver in the late 1990s, will return to his alma mater as co-offensive coordinator, receivers coach and recruiting coordinator, head coach Mike MacIntyre announced Tuesday.

“It’s unbelievable, it’s something that’s been burning inside me and is obviously close to my heart,” Chiaverini said. “I can’t really put into words how excited I am to come back to a place I call home. Working my way up through the coaching ranks, it’s something I’ve always had my eye on to return to Colorado.

“I wanted to be a part of the program when I was younger, watching CU games in California growing up,” he added. “The stars just aligned to make a dream come true a second time.”

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=210588306&DB_OEM_ID=600
Great to see/hear that this doesn't look like a one or two year stepping stone for him.

Brian Lindgren has served as offensive coordinator for all three seasons under MacIntyre at Colorado, as well as coaching the quarterbacks. But the CU head coach said this should not be viewed in a negative light toward Lindgren that he will now share the coordinator duties.

“Brian will still call the plays, but this will give him more time to focus on coaching the quarterbacks,” MacIntyre said. “With Chiv bringing the experience from coaching in a different offense, I believe the two will work well together in advancing what our offense will be able to accomplish.”

from CoachScoop

Colorado:
Texas Tech special teams coach / wide receivers coach Darrin Chiaverini is joining the Buffs staff as co-offensive coordinator / wide receivers coach / recruiting coordinator the school has announced. Chiaverini played his college ball in Boulder, and his father was a longtime assistant there.

Excellent move by MacIntyre. Huge hire. Automatically moves the needle in recruiting. He may have made some poor hires at the start, but his replacements have been A+ moves.

Awesome! Have to think our So Cal and Texas recruiting sees a huge uptick. Bonus if he brings along some of those big receivers with him.

But even though his heart’s compass has always pointed back to Boulder, he needed confirmation that it was the right place at the right time when the call came last week. Before any decision was made, he had to sit down with CU head coach Mike MacIntyre, athletic director Rick George and associated A.D. Lance Carl to make sure his gut feeling was the right one.

“When I sat down with Coach MacIntyre, I could see he had a true vision and a true passion for Colorado football,” Chiaverini said. “He believes in this place, in the program. I had to believe in him before I could make this move, and after sitting down with him, there’s no doubt in my mind. It had to be a great fit, and once we had the chance to meet, I knew it was the right fit. They have a vision for where we’re going to go, and there’s no doubt in my mind we’re going to get there.”

Woelk with a more in-depth column than the press release linked earlier

Not going to call plays per howell. He also says expect 1-2 more staff changes....neinas and Bernardi?

The way it sounds, Darrin will be our passing game coordinator. Bringing some spread elements that have made Texas Tech the high powered offense it has been the past few years.

One down. Next up a conversation with Nienas
Weakest-link.jpg

Back