What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Darrin Chiaverini hired!!!

Excellent move by MacIntyre. Huge hire. Automatically moves the needle in recruiting. He may have made some poor hires at the start, but his replacements have been A+ moves.
What's so sad about this is that MM seems to have a penchant for hiring great staffs. Nobody can argue that he didn't hire a great staff at SJSU...for a G5 school. His hires at Colorado have been outstanding. His weak link was being too loyal to his SJSU assistants.

What's so sad about this is that MM seems to have a penchant for hiring great staffs. Nobody can argue that he didn't hire a great staff at SJSU...for a G5 school. His hires at Colorado have been outstanding. His weak link was being too loyal to his SJSU assistants.

I think he honestly thought he had a great staff that together would succeed anywhere they went. He just had to keep the team together. Obviously that staff was great for SJSU and the G5, not necessarily Colorado and the Pac-12.

Really hope the wins start coming, because I think HCMM can build something here. Especially if he keeps making staff upgrades like he has.

"When you sweat and bleed on Folsom Field, when you have that in your heart, the chance to come back just means that much more to you. I’m elated. It’s time. It’s time to bring the Buffaloes back.”
When I read this, it seemed to get a little dusty in the room. Want. This. So. Bad. And want to believe he can be an integral piece.

I think he honestly thought he had a great staff that together would succeed anywhere they went.

He didn't hire at least a couple of them for a few weeks after the move from SJSU. That is pretty clear that he didn't have the ability to hire anybody better than his SJSU staff at the time. So far he's upgraded two positions with Leavitt and Tumpkin and hopefully Chiv will prove to be an upgrade over Walters as well.

This is a hire I've wanted for some time. Allsome to see him returning to Boulder.

Can you imagine Chev and JL together in the same room? More energy than the Boulder power plant.

I think my pants are wet.

wpid-buffalo-tom-peabody-and-gomer-pyle-shazam-aunt-bee-jpg.jpeg

CU is building a solid recruiting staff one brick at a time. I'm not sure if Chiaverini will pay dividends this year, but look out for next year.

**** YES! Dude has genuine passion about the program.

Keep the momentum with a ST hire on the same level and wake this beast from its decade long slumber.

giphy.gif

NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM!

Back