What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Darth Snyder

2 blocked field goals and a kickoff return for a td in the first half? Snyder is a miracle worker and Kstate looks to be back. I just don't get how CU can be so dismal for what will now be a better part of a decade, and a guy like Bill Snyder just wins. The opposition starts every drive at the 40 and CU starts on the 10. We can't snap the ball without a false starts and Snyder turns qb Klein (a nobody) into a fine qb. It's befuddling.
amazing isn't it? motivator, smart and JC transfers

Feel free, i'll name 10x more that started ****** and stayed ******

Any experienced head coach will tell you that when considering a new job, the smartest thing you can do is look at the recruiting of the predecessor. If recruiting was ok, then the rebuild job is typically quicker. CU roster is a joke, rebuild will take longer.

Any experienced head coach will tell you that when considering a new job, the smartest thing you can do is look at the recruiting of the predecessor. If recruiting was ok, then the rebuild job is typically quicker. CU roster is a joke, rebuild will take longer.

So if CU continues its current recruiting pace (11th in Pac 12 as of today) exactly how long will this "rebuild" take?

So if CU continues its current recruiting pace (11th in Pac 12 as of today) exactly hLow long will this "rebuild" take?

No disagreement there. The CU staff was supposedly built for recruiting and they're underperforming now. There are some bright spots, though. The QB position is the most important on the field and we appear to be upgrading talent level there. Also, d line recruiting is improved. We haven't signed players like Solis and Hennington in years. Otherwise, you're right, our recruiting is meh so far.

So if CU continues its current recruiting pace (11th in Pac 12 as of today) exactly how long will this "rebuild" take?

That will be a bad start. But signing day is in February, not October. We are still on some guys that will up our ranking. We'll see, a long time to go there

No disagreement there. The CU staff was supposedly built for recruiting and they're underperforming now. There are some bright spots, though. The QB position is the most important on the field and we appear to be upgrading talent level there. Also, d line recruiting is improved. We haven't signed players like Solis and Hennington in years. Otherwise, you're right, our recruiting is meh so far.

The QB position is probably the most important and we look to be set there for this class with Wood and Dillon but for this offense to operate like the coaches want, we need to recruit the biggest, nastiest offensive lineman out there. Our o-line is soft and slow right now. When you can't get one yard when you need it, the QB isn't going to have much of a chance to win many games for you.

Obviously, for a championship contender, every position is important but I think you start with that O-line!!! They can give the team a certain attitude when the big uglies push the other team around. The Huskies line yesterday demoralized out defense from the start and we had no chance.

O-line! O-line! O-line!!!

The QB position is probably the most important and we look to be set there for this class with Wood and Dillon but for this offense to operate like the coaches want, we need to recruit the biggest, nastiest offensive lineman out there. Our o-line is soft and slow right now. When you can't get one yard when you need it, the QB isn't going to have much of a chance to win many games for you.

Obviously, for a championship contender, every position is important but I think you start with that O-line!!! They can give the team a certain attitude when the big uglies push the other team around. The Huskies line yesterday demoralized out defense from the start and we had no chance.

O-line! O-line! O-line!!!

And D-line and DB's.

And D-line and DB's.

Yeah. I thought our D-line was better than they showed yesterday. And The Husky receivers were running around wide open on nearly every play. I couldn't believe what I was watching yesterday. There is probably just too much thinking going on in the backfield slowing them way down. We need a couple Deon Figures and Joel Steeds!

An sbg sighting! Ha!

We might as well have a team full of your avatar out there this week.....

Just curious....what happened to Mangino.....did he open a Krispy Kreme franchise?
Nope

700-pound-man-enjoys-day-out-thanks-to-forklift.jpeg

i watched the KSU-OSU game replay on ESPN 3. KSU isn't nearly as talented as OSU, but everything they do is good. i like that Cat team. love the offense.

i always hated Snyder and KSU first time around, though we did beat some good KSU teams. but, like i say in the first post....these guys are fun to watch. good football. and we don't play them, so hey!

Snyder teams embody the idea that you can have a decent amount of success if you play good, solid, mistake-free football. Play disciplined, make the tackles, make the blocks, don't commit penalties, don't turn the ball over - and do this on offense, defense and special teams. You don't need a roster full of 4 and 5 star recruits if you do those things. Schedule 3 or 4 out of conference patsies (granted doesn't really apply this year, but it is his historic recipe) and you can string together a bunch of 8, 9 & 10 win seasons. Now, if you don't schedule 100% directional schools for the out of conference, but do the rest of it - you get 2 or 3 fewer wins per season, but you still are bowl eligible. Lower tier bowl games, yes - but bowl games nonetheless.

There is something to be said for playing good, fundamental, mistake free football.

i watched the KSU-OSU game replay on ESPN 3. KSU isn't nearly as talented as OSU, but everything they do is good. i like that Cat team. love the offense.

i always hated Snyder and KSU first time around, though we did beat some good KSU teams. but, like i say in the first post....these guys are fun to watch. good football. and we don't play them, so hey!

Blocking, Tackling, Ball Control, Disciplined Players and no talking smack = Successful football. If more coaches taught blocking and tackling and less talked about their team's "swagger" the overall quality of the game would improve greatly. I'm with you Mick. I didn't really like him his first time around but being in Kansas this last year and watching his teams has made a convert of me. This is just great, fundamental football and coaching.

You have to give him credit for doing so much with so little. That program was one of the worst in the country when he took over and he made it a winner and made those kids walk tall. Then retired, saw it wrecked, unretired and pulled yet another rabbit out of the hat. He's a helluva coach.

i have to scroll to 5th page for this one. Snyder beats ATM in 4 OT's. great stuff.

Mike Sherman, really? a guy who won 8 games a year with a young Brett Favre.

lotta fun, this game. 4 OT's.

Collin Klein is so good. Best player on a top-15 team, he's second in all of college football in TD's, first among QBs in rushing yards even ahead of Denard Robinson and is just a straight up warrior, the type of player you want leading your team. Would love to have him. For those who don't know he's from Colorado and we didin't offer. Can't put too much blame on Hawk though, no one other then KSU offered so it's kind of a hindsight is 20/20 type thing.

Collin Klein is so good. Best player on a top-15 team, he's second in all of college football in TD's, first among QBs in rushing yards even ahead of Denard Robinson and is just a straight up warrior, the type of player you want leading your team. Would love to have him. For those who don't know he's from Colorado and we didin't offer. Can't put too much blame on Hawk though, no one other then KSU offered so it's kind of a hindsight is 20/20 type thing.

****, in that case, this kid was right in Hawk's wheelhouse.

One of the best HC's in college football history. The turn around in his first stint was simply amazing. Now it looks like his cats are very legit again in his second!
Amazing that he has done this twice. K State was the worst football program in major college football when he first took it over.

Back