What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Dave Logan to csu?

If Mike Bohn said something about raising $100MM, he would probably have the smarts to already have around $75MM of that accounted for.

Interesting thing about this "double standard" you speak of. Troy Renck (DP sports writer) spoke at my Rotary club last week. He mentioned that CU is "still on their radar", but that CSU "might as well be on the moon". Yeah, we get more attention than they do, and most of it negative because they can get away with it. At least they still care.

I saw his tweet that he was speaking at a Longmont Rotary club last week. I wondered if it was yours... :lol:

So he was pretty much saying that the Post is pretty much going to ignore CSU? Because from what little I've seen of their sports reporting the last couple seasons, it honestly doesn't seem like there's much difference between the coverage they give CU and CSU.... :huh:

Just a hunch, but I'd bet that CSU is making a play to be part of the Big 12 once it goes back to 12 teams.

I was thinking about this earlier. I wonder how much of this is just posturing. Hoping that they receive an invite so that they can pay for these things. I know they have a few big donors but I still don't think the money thing adds up. If they receive an invitation to the Big 12 then they might be able to afford these things but the invite to the Big 12 would probably be contingent on having those things already.

My head hurts.

I would actually love them to be in the Big 12. It would give us a legit rival. I could get behind that after playing the Pac teams. We have no rival. :lol: And not in a good way.

I saw his tweet that he was speaking at a Longmont Rotary club last week. I wondered if it was yours... :lol:

So he was pretty much saying that the Post is pretty much going to ignore CSU? Because from what little I've seen of their sports reporting the last couple seasons, it honestly doesn't seem like there's much difference between the coverage they give CU and CSU.... :huh:

Yeah, that's pretty much what he was saying - that CSU isn't even on their radar, but CU is. I don't think I've read a Denver Post in about a year, so I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

I would actually love them to be in the Big 12. It would give us a legit rival. I could get behind that after playing the Pac teams. We have no rival. :lol: And not in a good way.

Agree. I think it would be nice if they could get into the Big 12. Good for both programs.

Agree. I think it would be nice if they could get into the Big 12. Good for both programs.

CSU is irrelevant. They should worry about trying to beat their real rival, Wyoming. They should also worry about recruiting against Montana and Weber State in a few years when they join the FCS MWC.

CSU is irrelevant. They should worry about trying to beat their real rival, Wyoming. They should also worry about recruiting against Montana and Weber State in a few years when they join the FCS MWC.

Best teams in Colorado right now. I would hope the Big 12 would consider AFA before CSUFC

1. Air Force
2. Colorado
3. CSU-Pueblo
4. CSU-Ft. Collins

Best teams in Colorado right now. I would hope the Big 12 would consider AFA before CSUFC

1. Air Force
2. Colorado
3. CSU-Pueblo
4. CSU-Ft. Collins

I'd imagine they would. However I am not convinced Air Force would consider the Big 12.

**** that. That means we have to recruit against a fellow BCS member in state. You are literally saying you want to make things harder for CU. They aren't getting a new stadium, and they are actually getting closer to FCS than BCS with the MW once again getting pantsed in realignment with BSU and SDSU leaving and AF not far behind.

Just a hunch, but I'd bet that CSU is making a play to be part of the Big 12 once it goes back to 12 teams.

They may try to make a play but the Big XII isn't interested and isn't going to be unless CSU can show that they are able to consistently generate more revenue than they do now and have for the past decade, even when they were relatively successfull.

Averaging ticket sales of well under 24k (or is it down to 22k) for their home games, even with cheap ticket prices isn't going to appeal to the Big XII. Their last bowl game had the lowest ratings of any bowl that season except the one with the Sun Belt champ, they don't even draw TV ratings in Colorado much less nationally.

Even with an uneven distribution of conference revenues CSU would be a financial drag on the Big XII without adding any other real positives. I could list probably at least 15 schools that the the Big XII would go after and that would accept the offer before they went to CSU.

Ramnation is overloaded with stadium threads - it is quite remarkable. They also think they're getting Tressel

This could work for them with a 36k stadium or so and proper results on the field..... but I don't know if they have enough time. Their conference is in shambles, and it will be even harder to recruit and make the leap to a BCS conference.

We rip on them, but I wish our AD would lay out some lofty facility goals.

Ramnation is overloaded with stadium threads - it is quite remarkable. They also think they're getting Tressel

This could work for them with a 36k stadium or so and proper results on the field..... but I don't know if they have enough time. Their conference is in shambles, and it will be even harder to recruit and make the leap to a BCS conference.

We rip on them, but I wish our AD would lay out some lofty facility goals

I'd rather our AD achieve lofty goals than run around creating unrealistic expectations like the Rammies guy is. That guy is so full of ****, he would create a second larger mountain of it than the one in Nebraska.

I believe there is a plan. Isn't there a plan for an indoor facility on the east side of Folsom. Don't they have plans for re-working the fieldhouse.

Be patient. Once we start getting our full share of the Pac12 money. Things will start happening.

Also the best one I read on the Lammies board this morning was with a new stadium they would be in line for a Bowl game. Since Boise has one, they want one now. Comical.

That's the thing, they don't draw for football and have been terrible on the field. Schools like TCU and Boise may not draw that well but at least they have had great success on the field in recent years. CSU has neither.

That's the thing, they don't draw for football and have been terrible on the field. Schools like TCU and Boise may not draw that well but at least they have had great success on the field in recent years. CSU has neither.

That's surprising to me that neither of those schools draw well. What the hell else is there to do in Boise and Fort Worth?

I believe there is a plan. Isn't there a plan for an indoor facility on the east side of Folsom. Don't they have plans for re-working the fieldhouse.

Be patient. Once we start getting our full share of the Pac12 money. Things will start happening.

Also the best one I read on the Lammies board this morning was with a new stadium they would be in line for a Bowl game. Since Boise has one, they want one now. Comical.

They are also the number one option to go to the big 12. This from a fan base that had 10k for their "rival" at home.

Just saw a post over there where everyone thinks they will be in a BCS conference by 2014. I would aim for 2020

The MWC is going to be:

Air Force
CSU
Fresno State
Hawaii
Nevada
New Mexico
Wyoming

How the hell could winning that be considered by anyone as worthy of an auto-bid to a big bowl game?

What's the move? Merge with the WAC?

Disband and try to individually get into C-USA?

The MWC is going to be:

Air Force
CSU
Fresno State
Hawaii
Nevada
New Mexico
Wyoming

How the hell could winning that be considered by anyone as worthy of an auto-bid to a big bowl game?

They are in fantasy land if they think they are candidates for BCS status or whatever replaces it.

That said, they are not that far away from what was the historic WAC. A logical move for them would be to add UTEP which was a historic member of the WAC with CSU, UNM, Wyo, and Hawaii. They wouldn't be close to the major conferences but would be a step ahead of the MAC, the Sun Belt, etc.

And as usual CSU would still be a frequent contender for last in the conference.

Tressel? Hmmmm. Sounds a lot like Earl Bruce.

The MWC is going to be:

Air Force
CSU
Fresno State
Hawaii
Nevada
New Mexico
Wyoming

There is stull chatter of afa to the big east in 2013

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

There is stull chatter of afa to the big east in 2013

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

I think in the end AFA would prefer an 8 team MWC. The Big East of the future is not going to be anything more than another MWC is status. They will generate some more dollars because of their market size but probably not significantly.

An 8 team MWC would allow AFA to play all their other sports (and the teams that they were having problems competing with have gone so it's now a better match) along with a 7 game conference schedule allowing them to maintain a national OOC schedule.

In the configuration I listed above (these seven teams plus a UTEP) AFA would have a good chance to win the conference regularly.

A day after the AD comes out and states his initial "vision" for a $100 Million on-campus football stadium - CSU annoucned plans for Moby Arena to get an initial $4.5 Million dollar facelift with a total of $11 Million in renovations overall. Excellent developments going on right now.

http://www.collegian.com/index.php/article/2011/12/moby_arena_may_get_4.5_million_renovation_in_2012
The project is slated to be funded through $1.5 million in loans repaid to
CSU
-Fort Collins by the Global Campus and $1.5 million from the university’s reserves. Frank said he has a verbal confirmation from a donor regarding a $1.5 million gift, but if the gift falls through, he’ll fund the additional $1.5 million needed for the project through another $1.5 million in reserve funds.

How the **** does CSU get to use university reserves to build athletic facilities and CU has to take out a ****ing loan? (yes, I know CSU is doing that too, but only for a bit of the price).

Also, if you can only fund 1.5 mil in private donations for a face lift of your high school basketball gym... How the **** are you gonna get 100 million to build a stadium?

A day after the AD comes out and states his initial "vision" for a $100 Million on-campus football stadium - CSU annoucned plans for Moby Arena to get an initial $4.5 Million dollar facelift with a total of $11 Million in renovations overall. Excellent developments going on right now.

http://www.collegian.com/index.php/article/2011/12/moby_arena_may_get_4.5_million_renovation_in_2012

I see that the funding is basically being borrowed from the University with hopes of $1.5M from a donor. Yeah, those big donors are knocking down the door to commit tens of millions of dollars to CSU athletics. Sorry to break it to you CC but that whole new stadium talk was nothing more than a brilliant stroke of smoke and mirrors from the CSU administration that they are doing something significant when they aren't doing anything significant.

I see that the funding is basically being borrowed from the University with hopes of $1.5M from a donor. Yeah, those big donors are knocking down the door to commit tens of millions of dollars to CSU athletics. Sorry to break it to you CC but that whole new stadium talk was nothing more than a brilliant stroke of smoke and mirrors from the CSU administration that they are doing something significant when they aren't doing anything significant.
I like this part:

The first phase of the project is aimed at motivating donors to invest another $11 million for more extensive renovations to the arena, which has not seen a major overhaul since it was built in 1966.The idea for the renovation came not from former athletics director Paul Kowalczyk or current AD Jack Graham, but from Parsons, according to CSUSpokesman Kyle Henley. The BOG is set to further discuss the proposed renovations during Wednesday’s meeting.
Wow. CSU's support makes us look like Bama.

Back