What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

David Bakhtiari Declaring for NFL Draft

Oh well - there is a saying around my house based off an early 2000's animated movie. I have incorporated that saying with my love for Buff football.

Sharp Rocks at the Bottom? bring it on!

New coach, new position coach, probably a completely different blocking scheme. I don't think he is ready, but I can't fault him for thinking that his stock won't get any higher learning all over again.

Good luck.

Wait so is this official? He can't come back now or is he just testing the waters now? And ugh... our OL.

LT-Lewis LG-Munyer C-Handler RG-Harris RT-Nembot

Zero OL depth

tom_f2fcb0_839731.gif

Bak did the right thing for himself. Make us proud!

I disagree. I think staying and working on his technique and getting more reps would have been the right thing for himself. I honestly think this could hurt his career. I wish him the best though.

Wait so is this official? He can't come back now or is he just testing the waters now? And ugh... our OL.

Zero OL depth

Not exactly zero OL depth with Mustoe, Irwin, Kelly, Sutton, Huckins, Kroshange, Kough and Graham. We need Nembot, Lewis and Mustoe to step up.

Not exactly zero OL depth with Mustoe, Irwin, Kelly, Sutton, Huckins, Kroshange, Kough and Graham. We need Nembot, Lewis and Mustoe to step up.

Irwin and Mustoe are the only ones who have played a DI snap and and that was in garbage time. Not only that, this doesn't give us the luxury of sitting Nembot if he can't pass pro well enough

Irwin and Mustoe are the only ones who have played a DI snap and and that was in garbage time. Not only that, this doesn't give us the luxury of sitting Nembot if he can't pass pro well enough

And I would prefer it if we could finally let our young OL not start until Junior year, but whatever.

Good luck to Bak. Hope he gets drafted and does CU proud

And I would prefer it if we could finally let our young OL not start until Junior year, but whatever.

This. We need to let these guys develop and build depth. Since the end of Gary's time here we have absolutely no depth and end up starting guys that are too young.

Maybe he figured that he's just as well off going in as a middle rounder this year as he is going in as a middle rounder next year. Hard to blame him.

First off, I do think he will get drafted on the third day. Hopefully early.

Zero OL depth

It is not good. Thankfully, OL was not a big need in the 2012 recruiting class.

i'll just save duffman the time and say numbers do not equal depth.

Thank you. Rep.:lol:

He is rated higher than most fans think. If he works hard and shows good in the combines he could go as high as the 3rd round. He has quick feet which the NFL likes in an olinemen. He played Left tackle this year and showed well. At this point he is definitely draftable.

He is rated higher than most fans think. If he works hard and shows good in the combines he could go as high as the 3rd round. He has quick feet which the NFL likes in an olinemen. He played Left tackle this year and showed well. At this point he is definitely draftable.

6'4 LT in the NFL (he'll probably measure shorter too)? No way. Plus he is way too small for Guard even. He better bulk up and learn to play C

yea, his and CU offensive stats were stellar... and all those sacks and tackles behind the line? had to be the other guys fault? should have stayed for one more season. but, if he is going to try, then CU later Bak

I suspect DB has a decent enough skill set to get drafted. He is at best a mid to late rounder. But then again, that is true of most OL. Only the superstars go high (i.e. 1-3 rounds). So if his stock isn't going to change materially, why not go early?

I think he definitely drafted, very likely before the 7th round too. He is a great fit for a team like Houston.

From ESPN...

"I sent in my draft evaluation form once it came back, there was a lot of deliberation with my family about what I wanted to do,” Bakhtiari said in a statement. “Such things as the goals I wanted to accomplish in college, and the goals I want to set for myself in the NFL. The evaluation came back and had me in the second to third round range for a pick, but I also received some good feedback from Steve Marshall [his O-line coach at CU] and [former] Coach [Jon] Embree who spoke with several of their contacts around the league, and they thought I might even go a little bit higher, and that helped, too.”

Good choice then. I didn't think he'd be in that range, but obviously I don't know crap. Good luck to him.

Bakhtiari will become the seventh Buff to declare their eligibility for the NFL Draft as an undergraduate, all seven juniors when doing so, but the first in a decade. The previous six, followed by their position, the team and round they were drafted by: Leonard Renfro, DT, 1993, Philadelphia (1); Lamont Warren, TB, 1994 Indianapolis (6); Rashaan Salaam, TB, 1995, Chicago (1); Shannon Clavelle, DT, 1995, Buffalo (6); Ben Kelly, CB, 2000, Miami (3); Chris Brown, TB, 2003, Tennessee (3).

Back