What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

DC Search Including & beyond the 1st 4 Candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barnett was promoted to co-DC at Michigan State, in a situation where the Head Coach runs the defense... fwiw.
Honestly wouldn't be pissed if we went down this route and brought in a stud recruiter and let someone who had the potential to learn. Better than some of the other names. Ugh, that was dirty coming out of my mouth.

Honestly wouldn't be pissed if we went down this route and brought in a stud recruiter and let someone who had the potential to learn. Better than some of the other names. Ugh, that was dirty coming out of my mouth.

Is that where the Mike Reed rumor came from?

If we can't get a star DC, I would prefer this route too. Let Mac call the defensive plays Similar to Rocky Long at SDSU and bring in two star recruiters with potential to grow into DC.

If we can't get a star DC, I would prefer this route too. Let Mac call the defensive plays Similar to Rocky Long at SDSU and bring in two star recruiters with potential to grow into DC.

Don't we already have a bunch of "two star recruiters"? Haha! I know what you meant but that's how I read it.

I will most likely never have heard of the guy they select. Therefore I will have to take in the wisdom that is Allbuffs. I will learn that the guys is an awesome selection and that he sucks and it was an awful hire and a panic move. He will be a great recruiter who can't recruit a lick. For the next month he will be bashed and exalted. And 'tini will call everyone an idot.

Last edited:
I will most likely never have heard of the guy they select. Therefore I will have to take in the wisdom that is Allbuffs. I will learn that the guys is an awesome selection and that he sucks and it was an awful hire and a panic move. He will be a great recruiter who can't recruit a lick. For the next month he will be bashed and exalted. And 'tini will call everyone an idot.

Same as it ever was. Same as it ever was.

Same as it ever was. Same as it ever was.

Water dissolving...and water removing
There is water at the bottom of the ocean
Carry the water at the bottom of the ocean
Remove the water at the bottom of the ocean!

My #1 is Rocky Seto.

He is currently with the Seattle Seahawks.

Current position
TitleDefensive Passing Game Coordinator
Biographical details
BornMarch 12, 1976 (age 38)
Los Angeles, California
Playing career
1995-1996
1997-1998
Mt. San Antonio CC
USC
Position(s)FB, DE
LB, FS
Coaching career (HC unless noted)
2000-2002
2002-2003
2004-2005
2006-2008
2010-
USC (Vol. Assist)
USC (GA)
USC (S)
USC (LB)
USC (Secondary)
USC (DC)
Seattle Seahawks (Passing Game Coordinator/Defense)
Accomplishments and honors
Championships
NFL Super Bowl (2014), 2 AP National College Football Champion (2003,2004)
1 Bowl Championship Series Championship (2004)
7 Pac-10 Conference Championships (2002-2008)

Earlier this year, I made a big deal about the Seahawks tackling techniques. Seto is the guy behind that video. http://www.allbuffs.com/showthread....kling-rugby-style?highlight=seahawks+tackling

The more I've thought about this, the more I think that Mike MacIntyre needs a young, energetic DC who brings some ideas but will run MacIntyre's defense the way that HCMM wants it run. Before getting the HC job at SJSU, HCMM was the AFCA assistant coach of the year for the work he did as a DC at Duke. Him hiring a veteran guy with a different system who is going to want to do his own thing fits about as well as Rich Rod hiring an OC who doesn't base his system on zone read. Per reports, this was a big issue with Baer. He and MacIntyre had different defensive philosophies on what needed to be done against these Pac-12 offenses.

So I'm looking for a Lindgren type with more chops, brings some innovation, turns some heads, and has Pac-12 ties. I can't think of anyone who would fit this bill better than Rocky Seto.

I am warming to the idea of a younger guy who might have limited DC experience, but making a clear progression up the ladder. If we hire a guy 50+ who is currently coaching at a non-P5 school, I will be very disappointed.

'Nik needs to give lessons in Allbuffs table formatting. or just email me the raw bbcode -- your last few tables on these coaching candidates are nicer than anything I've ever managed to do here.

'Nik needs to give lessons in Allbuffs table formatting. or just email me the raw bbcode -- your last few tables on these coaching candidates are nicer than anything I've ever managed to do here.

1. Use mouse to highlight wikipedia table.
2. Ctrl-C
3. Click within "Quick Reply" field to put your cursor where you'd like the table to appear within your post.
4. Ctrl-V

1. Use mouse to highlight wikipedia table.
2. Ctrl-C
3. Click within "Quick Reply" field to put your cursor where you'd like the table to appear within your post.
4. Ctrl-V

no shi*!?!?! it copies the formatting from HTML -- we can make CRAZY tables now!

I am warming to the idea of a younger guy who might have limited DC experience, but making a clear progression up the ladder. If we hire a guy 50+ who is currently coaching at a non-P5 school, I will be very disappointed.

So like the Clemson guy?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Based what I have read is the Buff "faithful" (quotes due to some of you flip floppers) want a DC who is:
-Black
-Polynesian
-Under 50
-DC experience at P5 level
-Can recruit
-Can coach DBs, LBs and DL

So we are bound to have some really disappointed and irked people that base their opinions on no on-field play but bitch about our on-field play all the time. Well, I have no idea who it is but just want to see some success and like everything in life will just hope for the best. But yes who the **** are the candidates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about a woman??? (Just joking here but someday will we see women coaches? I heard there a pee wee football league in Colorado that had one woman coach. Players were reluctant at first, but she turned out to be the best coach and won the most. Kids loved her.)

Not suggesting that here, but with our list of must haves, we might as well add some other unattainable characteristics too.

Based what I have read is the Buff "faithful" (quotes due to some of you flip floppers) want a DC who is:
-Black
-Polynesian
-Under 50
-DC experience at P5 level
-Can recruit
-Can coach DBs, LBs and DL

So we are bound to have some really disappointed and irked people that base their opinions on no on-field play but bitch about our on-field play all the time. Well, I have no idea who it is but just want to see some success and like everything in life will just hope for the best. But yes who the **** are the candidates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back