What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

DC Search Including & beyond the 1st 4 Candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it'd be a cool touch if they hid the new DC behind a food cart at the luncheon and then announced, "Ladies and gentlemen, we present our new Defensive Coordinator" and move the food cart.
REP - for being so damn funny about such a serious situation

just notice that too... combined w/ linebacker where it seems he has a lot of experience.

My assumption is that the DC either does not have a specific position background or has an even stronger LB history.

I am thinking HCMM wants Tumpkin on staff for energy and maybe recruiting (not sure here), and because his background is DB's can coach up any problem areas with Tumpkin.

Doubt it is Ball. Tumpkin seems like a solid hire. Hopefully he can leverage the Texas connections.

Like LaRussa, I assume Tumpkin would be able to coach DBs and/or LBs. Keep in mind, Clark or another coach may not be retained per his discussions with Ringo.

Additionally, Tumpkin is an experienced defensive coach that is in his mid-40s. Lumpkin is a term for Urbandictionary and I apologize for using it since that is the word I think of when I hear one of our new coaches last names. Damn it, why can't he be an Anderson or something?!

Well for Christ's sake, quit the passive aggressive stuff.

Just wait until everybody passes out drunk, and rub your junk in their face, like a normal fan.

Another hilarious post. Maybe I'm just in a good mood this morning....

Doubt it is Ball. Tumpkin seems like a solid hire. Hopefully he can leverage the Texas connections.

Since I'm assuming that you are one of the priveleged that would know (and if you are not, then guys like 'Tini that "know" should have rectified this by now), it must not be Ball.

Since I'm assuming that you are one of the priveleged that would know (and if you are not, then guys like 'Tini that "know" should have rectified this by now), it must not be Ball.

Wouldn't make sense to pull in tumpkin for DB coach and ball as DC/LB. In that scenario it would be Tumpkin as LB and Ball as DC/DB

At first, Tumpkin as DB coach sound curious, but I like the idea of a guy with solid DC experience on the D as a position coach. Plus, Mac coached DBs last year, so the guy will have a lot of support in that role.

I think it's Seto. He meets all the criteria laid out in the sound bites, has extensive experience coaching LBs, and his hiring would fit with the timing. Just seems too good to be true.

The Chiefs reportedly denied the Redskins permission to interview Gibbs for their DC position last month, fwiw.

I don't think the same rules apply from NFL to NCAA. I don't think an NFL team can block a guy from interviewing for a college job. I could be wrong, though.

I don't think the same rules apply from NFL to NCAA. I don't think an NFL team can block a guy from interviewing for a college job. I could be wrong, though.
Right. My point was that Gibbs is still respected as a DC in the NFL. Seto might be a better fit? I'm ok with either.

[tweet]563386469528506369[/tweet]

Football scoop makes it sound like hiring Tumpkin as DBs coach is underwhelming. I think a mid major DC coming in as DBs coach is a pretty solid move.

Just to complete this thought, the way I'm reading it they later clarified they are NOT indicating they think it's a bad hire. Just that it was an opportunistic hire, which goes against MM having a "grand plan", although that would just apply for the DB coach hire.

[tweet]563389571828682752[/tweet]

Been trying to say it for the last month -- we haven't had a hire "in place" waiting on some sort of timing. The last month has been about vetting every possible candidate. Lots of twists and turns while aiming quite high IMO -- only to land where we did.

Right. My point was that Gibbs is still respected as a DC in the NFL. Seto might be a better fit? I'm ok with either.

Gotcha. Yeah, I'd be good with either but would be pumped for Seto. I want a Seahawk's type of mentality to be brought to this defense, along with their tackling fundamentals being taught.

Just to complete this thought, the way I'm reading it they later clarified they are NOT indicating they think it's a bad hire. Just that it was an opportunistic hire, which goes against MM having a "grand plan", although that would just apply for the DB coach hire.

[tweet]563389571828682752[/tweet]

What FBScoop isn't factoring in is Tumpkin probably was gone unless they immediately hired him as HC, so my guess is MM had already discussed this opportunity and was just waiting until after signing day to announce out of respect for the coachless CMU program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back