What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

DC Search Including & beyond the 1st 4 Candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been trying to say it for the last month -- we haven't had a hire "in place" waiting on some sort of timing. The last month has been about vetting every possible candidate. Lots of twists and turns while aiming quite high IMO -- only to land where we did.

I don't like the sound of that.

Been trying to say it for the last month -- we haven't had a hire "in place" waiting on some sort of timing. The last month has been about vetting every possible candidate. Lots of twists and turns while aiming quite high IMO -- only to land where we did.

I think you're wrong, but we'll know soon enough.

I suspect without knowing ****: but I suspect:
1) DC has ample lb experience and probably played lb
2) dc had input on db hire
3) dc has current or previous experience in pac 12

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I knew they were going to do that. Was just telling someone it won't be a BUFF b/c people are respecting the process, but football scoop will get a hold of it and drop it right before the luncheon. knew it.

dom capers flew into jeffco airport last nite

That would be... ...interesting...

Apparently, the mystery man's mode of conveyance is otherwise:
[tweet]563371585348726785[/tweet]

Hmmmm. Thats in the P12 footprint, the Big12, the B1G west, and the SEC west.... And half the damn NFL

He's wrong anyways, it's Rocky Mountain not Jeffco Airport.

It will always be Jeffco!

Doubt it is Ball. Tumpkin seems like a solid hire. Hopefully he can leverage the Texas connections.

From the outside it seems like a weak hire. But he managed to move the needle a lot in 4 years so he did something right. I will not say its bad hire until we see his defense at work for a couple of seasons.

Wow. Did not see Jim Leavitt coming at all. That is a pretty solid hire. I like. 49er's D was great 2 years ago, had some injury issues this year.

My thought is that it's a big boy hire. with the way USF ended for Leavitt, didn't think he would even be an option for CU. Good to see the DGAF increasing in Boulder.

Also: holy ****, did he do a great job for the niners at LB this year. Hall of Famers and All pros go down or don't come back, and they kept plugging guys in who performed well.

Woooooooooooooowwwwwwww! Finally a resolution. Dudewas successful even as HC and lb coach fir sf. I am pretty happy about this.

Ex HC and current coach in NFL as DC replacing Baer and ex DC replacing LaRussa. Signficant upgrade all around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huge hire! Leavitt built S. Florida into a damn good FB team. Wonder if he still has some ties to Florida for recruiting?!

Not too familiar with him. What was his deal at USF?

Built them into a consistent Top 25 program but was fired when it was reported that Leavitt had struck a player in the locker room (he denied it) and that he'd interfered with the investigation by talking to coaches and players (influencing their stories).

WOW ! Well done MM and RG... amazing how they kept this so quiet... now we have something to talk about allllll summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back