What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Death of College Football and Amateurism

He also flatly answered “No” when asked if the NIL was sustainable, suggesting that it morphed fairly quickly into a fee based talent acquisition model which was not the expectation.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Who in the actual **** can look in the mirror and honestly tell themselves this?

Mid 2030's seem like an eternity these days but that makes sense due to the existing TV contracts. Just wait and see how long the new B1G TV contract is going to be followed by the P12.

I think this could hurt college sports in general due to the uncertain future of college athletics in general in this country as long as Congress does not do anything to address the NIL issues that are potentially affecting competitive balance in college athletics.

This is a great time for professional soccer to make inroads in the USA.
1651231330720.jpeg

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Who in the actual **** can look in the mirror and honestly tell themselves this?
Sure, I think everyone knew that some players would get NIL deals. The fact that high school recruits are getting these deals before playing a down, they really aren’t NIL deals as opposed to just straight up paying players, the magnitude of the payments, and the speed at which these changes have occurred is a bit surprising. Not shocking, but somewhat surprising.

Now there is nowhere to hide from the fact that universities are running a semi-pro football league off their campuses. And I think that’s a good thing. Burn it down to fix it.

Sure, I think everyone knew that some players would get NIL deals. The fact that high school recruits are getting these deals before playing a down, they really aren’t NIL deals as opposed to just straight up paying players, the magnitude of the payments, and the speed at which these changes have occurred is a bit surprising. Not shocking, but somewhat surprising.

Now there is nowhere to hide from the fact that universities are running a semi-pro football league off their campuses. And I think that’s a good thing. Burn it down to fix it.
Are you actually being serious that you didn’t think this would go immediately to plaid? If so, maybe I should start a soothsayer business, because that’s ALL I expected it to do.

Are you actually being serious that you didn’t think this would go immediately to plaid? If so, maybe I should start a soothsayer business, because that’s ALL I expected it to do.
I’m one of the people that thought it would be a disaster for college football (as it was previously constructed before NIL). I am a bit surprised at the speed of it. I’m surprised that the boosters have dispensed with any pretense of NIL. Facades have always been a staple of college football. Nobody is even bothering to pretend.

Back