What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Decision Day #2 Thread

Guys - if your patience is running thin, then I recommend one thing - step away from the computer :lol:

I know it is possible that BJ has reached agreement with CU and is allowing him to coach the bowl, but I don´t think that is what is going on here.

I think he is staying at Cinci. I wonder if he has already informed Bohn he is staying and they don´t want to or don`t feel obligated to communicate it and are just moving on the next candidate.

P.S. if this is true (that he is heading to another presser today for the bowl) so much for him showing up to the CU-CSU game

At this point I think the smart play by CU (assuming BJ is staying at UC, which seems increasingly likely) is not to say anything about it, and quickly sign the coach they want after BJ. The the announcement is "Coach X to CU" instead of "Butch leaves CU standing at the alter."

My money would be the next info from CU is who our next coach "is" and not who it isn't.

Right. Because Joel Klatt has access to some source of great inside info. Dude is freaking delusional.

I highly doubt Joel is "in the know" anymore. Bye bye Joel. We don't want to hear from you anymore.

Bohn has to have moved on to plan B by now. You can't sit and wait. If Butch comes back (seems unlikely), you listen and make a decision at that time. Nonetheless, new candidates should be at CU today.

If he decides to come here, this extended waiting period isn't gonna help the relationship with Jones/CU and the local media. A lot of snarky comments from the media directed at Jones. Nothing like a solid first impression!

I would hope that Bohn was talking to DeRuyter, etc yesterday and will continue to do so today - this has to be the final day for the BJ saga.

One main issue to me seems to be that Jones may feel uncomfortable coming out west. He's a midwest guy and probably dreamed of coaching in that area. Maybe his concern is legit. Does anyone know of any success and/or failure examples of coaches who spent their entire career out east before coming west for a HC job?

If he decides to come here, this extended waiting period isn't gonna help the relationship with Jones/CU and the local media. A lot of snarky comments from the media directed at Jones. Nothing like a solid first impression!

Joel Klatt is looking forward to the presser for sure.

The longer this stretches out, the more I'm convinced that he has told CU that he's backing out of his handshake on Monday, but that he's not going public with that to give CU an opportunity to secure Plan B. The delay may be that Plan B will take a day or two.

Regardless, we'll have a new coach soon (whoever it is) and we'll move forward. This isn't Nick Saban we're in the running for. There are a dozen other coaches in Jones' category. We'll get one of them.

One main issue to me seems to be that Jones may feel uncomfortable coming out west. He's a midwest guy and probably dreamed of coaching in that area. Maybe his concern is legit. Does anyone know of any success and/or failure examples of coaches who spent their entire career out east before coming west for a HC job?

I can think of one right off the top of my head...

SKFDNGDOFTHLEWO.20060914225726.jpg

Guys - if your patience is running thin, then I recommend one thing - step away from the computer :lol:

I'm an accountant. I'm on the computer all day. And of course.. of all weeks.. I have a down week this week.

I would hope that Bohn was talking to DeRuyter, etc yesterday and will continue to do so today - this has to be the final day for the BJ saga.

Other sites have hinted that DeRuyter was/is plan B. Not sure if true or not and have not looked into his resume but CU will have to make a move on someone else soon.

At this point I think the smart play by CU (assuming BJ is staying at UC, which seems increasingly likely) is not to say anything about it, and quickly sign the coach they want after BJ. The the announcement is "Coach X to CU" instead of "Butch leave CU standing at the alter."
My money would be the next info from CU is who our next coach "is" and not who it isn't.
I agree. You rarely if ever hear directly from the school that got rejected. Within 24 hours everyone will know anyway, but hopefully we pull a Purdue and make a quick offer and get it accepted to soften the blow.

I think if it goes down that way people will forget about Jones and focus on the new guy and which coordinators he is bringing in, recruiting, etc.

I can think of one right off the top of my head...

SKFDNGDOFTHLEWO.20060914225726.jpg

Haha, good point. Stupid me... I guess Chip Kelly came from New Hampshire or something right? I'm just curious how much a western background really affects recruiting. We need some major improvement ASAP.

Other sites have hinted that DeRuyter was/is plan B. Not sure if true or not and have not looked into his resume but CU will have to make a move on someone else soon.

I'm not a big fan of DeRuyter. Two years of BCS experience at A&M before Sherman was fired. He walked into a pretty good situation at Fresno St this year and that's his only head coaching experience.

Bill McCartney?

So, when the decision is made, one way or another, is someone going to create a new thread? That way, we can just open up the forum and see that the deed is done.

I agree with you^^^ Is there a way we could sign up to be notified by a text so I can get up and go get some work done? This waiting crap is for the birds...

Just think, in a split second, this will all change. It is now 11:09 in Ohio.

Another thought... In the PAC12, would it be better to have an offensive or defensive HC? Seems like most PAC schools are coached by offensive guys. Might be part of the reason why Jones was such a big target.

Rep for an underrated (and very applicable!) Skynyrd song.

Yes, very underrated and very applicable.

I don't know where you been last night
But I think mama, you ain't doin' right

Say I know a little
I know a little about it
I know a little
I know a little 'bout it
I know a little 'bout love
And baby I can guess the rest

[video=youtube;ZzWRHaIgmHs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzWRHaIgmHs[/video]

Last edited:
Ok, IF he is delivering his decision right after the Belk thing today as is rumored, then he is coming to Colorado. There is no conceivable reason for him to not announce that he is staying at UC prior to doing all of these Bowl functions. He is simply doing his due diligence as the coach at UC and then bolting.

Back