What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Defense and Rebounding

J-R-K

Amongst the Pac-12 teams CU is first in fewest PPG allowed (60.4), first in lowest opponents FG% (38.9), seconds in total rebounds (37.3), and first in rebounding margin (+5.5).

Defensive and rebounding capabilities can be difficult to predict by just looking at a team on paper so I think they are largely overlooked in the evaluation process, hence us having a better season then most people thought we would. This also explains how we can lose 75% of our scoring from last year but still be successfull. If only we could have parlayed these numbers from this year with the scoring from last year we would be a top-25 team. Props to Tad for producing a team that adheres to his emphasis on defense and rebounding rather then just using the phrase as "coach speak" for his weekly press conferences.

To pat myself on the back, this is what I predicted in the preseason. That we'd be able to overcome a lot of what we lost in offensive efficiency and firepower by making major improvements in defense and rebounding for the 2nd year in Tad's system.

I certainly didn't see us at 18 wins with 4 to play, but that's due more to the weakness of the Pac-12. We're about what I though we'd be as a team, though. Tad's system translates to winning basketball.

Back