What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Defensive Performance

I actually thought they started to show some good form against ASU. There were a lot of solo, open field tackles that I was just cringing in anticipation that they would "standard CU" and totally whiff. Now if they just avoid over-pursuing, especially on the zone reads, I think we've got some something.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MacIntyre said there was a play ASU was running that CU was getting abused on in the first half. Played it much better in the 2nd half. Apparently, Hawaii added it to their offense for this week after seeing it on film... and our defense stoned it.

These guys are learning.

MacIntyre said there was a play ASU was running that CU was getting abused on in the first half. Played it much better in the 2nd half. Apparently, Hawaii added it to their offense for this week after seeing it on film... and our defense stoned it.

These guys are learning.

Most obvious improvement under HCMM. There is learning at all positions.

Walker probably played his best game in a CU uniform saturday. Should have had a pick to cap it off, but he made a play right after they took it away from him.

Daigh filled in very well for Gillam, maybe we do have a little depth at LB. Lord knows we need it.

Solis and Tupou held the point of attack about as well as you could hope and our DE's were getting pressure when we needed it.

They still need to work on keeping their assignments and not over pursuing the play. The DB's need to learn to look back at the ball or they are going to get flagged for PI all day, everyday.

When the Offense fell asleep in the 2nd half, the defense took over and secured the victory. If we can get that effort from the D, consistently, things could become pretty interesting as the year progresses.

Thompson could have returned that pick for a pick6 IMO, chose to slide down.

Was told to. He looked at the sideline as he broke into the open then slid. They didn't want to risk an injury, or some kind of weird turnover. HCMM was ready to take the victory and get out of there.

One thing I'm sure of is the competitive nature of the offense and defense should bring out improvement in each other. The D need to be fired up about their improvement and get in the offense's faces to challege them to step their game up as well. If no leaders on the offense are doing it for their guys already, that is. We need our players who are making plays to be vocal and get after the ones who aren't. It means more coming from your teammates than the coaches who are expected to always be on you.

So for some reason everyone on this board refuses to actually appreciate the win so here is the biggest stand out from me.

The defense had its best performance of the year by far.
-Kept the offense out of the endzone for the first time since 2009.
-Kept a team that put 30 up on OSU, to 12pts.
-Only allowed 286 yards had 2 turnovers, should have been 3.

Sure we were on pace to clean the floor with them in the first half and apparently our team lacks the killer instinct to do that, but they still won by 2 scores against a team that took two fellow conference members down to the wire. It was far from perfect, but some of you need to quit bitching for a few hours. Enjoy the fact that on a gorgeous day at Folsom, with a decent home crowd, the buffs pulled off a victory without it ever being in question.
Great post. I don't get all the bitching. Hawaii is not a great team, but we have been beat by teams as good as or worse in the recent past (Toledo, Sac State). Mac is 6-1 in games he should win.

I thought the front 7 finally showed up. We got some good penetration, did decent against the run and a good RB. Our DBs are the bomb...we have one of the better backfields in the PAC12. Thompson is a great surprise, Henderson was great as usual (totally chd my mind on being a disappointment), Crawley has finally learned his position and has an attitude/swagger, Awuzie solid as always...love that guy's competitive spirit.

Don't worry y'all...this team has been streaky, but we will put together 3-4 solid quarters sometime this year and Mac will get his signature win.

Back