What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Defensive scheme thus far

Tuopo's loss was a big one. I think with him and Solis in the rotation the dline would have been in a much better place.
I am pleased so far with defense progress. Next chapter is coming.

Tuopo's loss was a big one. I think with him and Solis in the rotation the dline would have been in a much better place.
I am pleased so far with defense progress. Next chapter is coming.
franke coming back will help, but yea, we are very thin on the DL

I predict a Yuri Wright sighting Saturday, and Rippy too.

I have been impressed with the JC guys early. They both seem to get a pretty good push although Leo did get pushed around a bit early in the game by Callendar. And they both had their share of missed tackles. I think they will improve fast as they get comfortable in the system. I remember when K-state was really good under Leavitt they were different team by mid-season once all their JC transfers got acclimated.

How long will CU be able to hold on to him?
Good question. Once we start winning and the stats notably improve, he'll be tough to keep. This will probably take 2 full years IMO. I hope he doesn't want another HC job, but that doesn't seem likely. Hopefully Tumpkin learns alot...he'd be the logical choice assuming Mac is still here.

Good question. Once we start winning and the stats notably improve, he'll be tough to keep. This will probably take 2 full years IMO. I hope he doesn't want another HC job, but that doesn't seem likely. Hopefully Tumpkin learns alot...he'd be the logical choice assuming Mac is still here.
If he has done a good enough job with this defense to warrant a big time head coaching opportunity, all should be right in the world of CU football. Let's cross that bridge when we get there.

Alofi belongs in the safety discussion as well.

Yes definitely, I knew I forgot someone. I REALLY like out safeties but I can understand why people aren't as high on them. The depth pieces are good but considering the lack of talent up front it probably wouldn't appear that way based on what they are asked to do. Tedric, Chido, Moeller and Crawley have been making up for a lot of the deficiencies up front, especially with the linebackers. If they miss some of the tackles they made last week, CSU scores another 10 points.

I predict a Yuri Wright sighting Saturday, and Rippy too.

Actually, if the reports of their effort and commitment are true, would there be a better opportunity to get a message across to the team and perhaps force some needed attrition than to let a walk-on see the field and let the two of them watch from the sideline?

Yes definitely, I knew I forgot someone. I REALLY like out safeties but I can understand why people aren't as high on them. The depth pieces are good but considering the lack of talent up front it probably wouldn't appear that way based on what they are asked to do. Tedric, Chido, Moeller and Crawley have been making up for a lot of the deficiencies up front, especially with the linebackers. If they miss some of the tackles they made last week, CSU scores another 10 points.

Not sure I agree on Moeller being included with the other three.

In my view Moeller has be playing well and contributing solidly. He isn't quite as good in coverage as some of the others but has been decent in coverage (including the INT against UMass) and been a physical presence against the run.

Is there even a doghouse big enough to keep these two off special teams, or are they really just that bad at playing football? If the latter, MM needs to cut the cord and open up scholarships next year.
They don't care at all. If you want to know more about one of them in a PM, shoot me one. Both will be gone after this season, thankfully.

Yeah but a lot of the missed tackles by the linebackers could be an issue with siZe which will not improve anytime soon
If the other team was dragging our guys down the field I would think it was size. Not wrapping up is them not listening to coaching. I hope the coaches are working hard at this. Can't have poor tackling, with the other issues to overcome.

Not sure I agree on Moeller being included with the other three.
I think Moeller has his deficiencies, but he seems to always be in pretty good position. I am starting to wonder what is up with Bell, though? Has this latest knee injury pushed him that far back? He seems fine to me when I watch him on special teams.

Back