What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Deleon Brown

DenverBuff

Douchebag
does anyone know where Deleon Brown was tonight? This guy has been a key player the last two years and someone should be able to speak to his status with team. Injury? Suspension? DNQ? Quit?

Was not dressed .

Edit. Never took warmups off. Checked the game tape.

Last edited:
How is that? If he is ineligible, how does he get his eligibility back?

Is this NCAA Ineligible or stricter CU ineligible rules?

Technically, Brown still is eligible through next week's home dates against Washington State and Washington, but Boyle said Brown needs to work his way out of his academic issues before he once again can attempt to help the Buffaloes on the floor.

"He's out indefinitely until he gets that taken care of," Boyle said. "It's up to Deleon and he has some work cut out for him. But he's got the opportunity and the possibility of coming back this year, but we don't know when that's going to be. And we don't know if that's going to happen. But it's not in the foreseeable future.

"I haven't made a final decision on Deleon and what his future is in the program. He's got to take care of his academics before he's going to have a chance to play basketball at the University of Colorado."

Boyle also confirmed it was the academic issue that kept Brown out of the season opener against Drake, which at the time CU's coach described as a coach's decision.
Link

Hey Deleon, GO TO...
giphy.gif

Is this the first upperclassman to not make grades in the Tad Boyle era?
Boyle said it was the first time in 25 years as a college coach he has had to deal with a midseason academic issue with one of his players.
"We lose a guy that has some experience, we lose one of our best perimeter defenders. We lose a lot but there's nothing we can do about it," Boyle said. "I can't preach doing things right, and then play him over guys that are doing that. I care about winning. Of course I care about winning. But not at the expense of getting these guys a college education."

“Key player?” In that he fills a roster spot? He’s a junior on a team that has a GIANT void in #2 guard productivity, yet averages 4 PPG vs a very soft non-con schedule. Hurts us defensively a little bit but ...

Back