What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Denver police warn CU, CSU students to behave

RSSBot

News Junkie
Denver Police Chief Gerald Whitman has a message for Colorado State and University of Colorado football fans: Be nice or leave.

More...

Denver Police Chief Gerald Whitman has a message for Colorado State and University of Colorado football fans: Be nice or leave.

More...

Ridiculous. Yeah. Great environment when the local cop boss is issuing threats. Get this game back on campus and stop the madness.

Here's the last thin blue line of storm troopers in riot gear at the DNC in Denver.
05security_600.jpg

This is about as inaccurate as it gets:

Tough rules and lots of cops have been the rule since rowdy fans brawled at Invesco in 1999, prompting police to scatter the crowds with pepper spray and tear gas. Seventy-seven people were arrested.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_15984698?source=rss#ixzz0yWJdUI5O

Here, let me rewrite it accurately for you:

"Tough rules and lots of cops have been the rule since drunk CSU fans acted like idiots at Invesco in 1999, prompting police to scatter the crowds with pepper spray and tear gas. Seventy-seven people were arrested. No CU fans were involved."

I had a horrible run in with the DPD one week ago. I was at the Rockies game last friday with my parents and my sister. My sister is epileptic but she has it under control for the most part. She had a seizure in the 8th inning and the paramedics did a great job getting her back. She didn't require an ambulance but they wanted us to get her to an emergency room just to be sure. The game was just about over so the paramedics told me to get the car and bring it to the front of the stadium. They would radio the police officer and let him know to let me through.

So I got the car and pulled up to the front of the stadium. The cop that was there ran up to my car and started cursing at me, "CAN'T YOU ****ING READ A SIGN." I calmly explained the situation and he screamed again, "Bull****!" Then he threatened arrest if I was lying. He called in and everything I said was verified. But no apology. He just said Next time I need to check with him first.

****ing assholes. I know there are good cops out there but the bad ones seem to be getting worse.

Denver police are absolute ****heads. One of the worst police forces in the nation (for a big city).

This is about as inaccurate as it gets:

Here, let me rewrite it accurately for you:

"Tough rules and lots of cops have been the rule since drunk CSU fans acted like idiots at Invesco in 1999, prompting police to scatter the crowds with pepper spray and tear gas. Seventy-seven people were arrested. No CU fans were involved."

The police also scattered the CU band with tear gas too. F*** them to hell if they do it again.

I had a horrible run in with the DPD one week ago. I was at the Rockies game last friday with my parents and my sister. My sister is epileptic but she has it under control for the most part. She had a seizure in the 8th inning and the paramedics did a great job getting her back. She didn't require an ambulance but they wanted us to get her to an emergency room just to be sure. The game was just about over so the paramedics told me to get the car and bring it to the front of the stadium. They would radio the police officer and let him know to let me through.

So I got the car and pulled up to the front of the stadium. The cop that was there ran up to my car and started cursing at me, "CAN'T YOU ****ING READ A SIGN." I calmly explained the situation and he screamed again, "Bull****!" Then he threatened arrest if I was lying. He called in and everything I said was verified. But no apology. He just said Next time I need to check with him first.

****ing assholes. I know there are good cops out there but the bad ones seem to be getting worse.

The few good ones left are being drown out by the assholes, IMO. DPD has systemic issues right now that nobody seems to want to address.

Here's a warning for the Denver PD - WE HAVE VIDEO CAMERAS, ASSHOLES.

[video=youtube;nMIcF_aLAlQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMIcF_aLAlQ[/video]

Back