What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Denver Post Article this AM

After watching the ****show that has been Phil Distefano for years, anyone that blames Mike Bohn for the problems at CU is out of touch. Bohn became the easy excuse for Phil. I guess the only good thing is Phil is out of other people to blame for his failings.

Agreed. Not having top notch facilities goes much higher than Bohn. Getting rid of Bohn gives CU another 3 or 4 years of doing nothing but give false platitudes about how they want to be a big time football program.

I bet if I looked up old archives when Bohn was hired you'd find the same type of articles about how Tharp didn't do this, didn't do that and Bohn would have to come in and "change" it.

Last edited:
Agreed. Not having top notch facilities goes much higher than Bohn. Getting rid of Bohn gives CU another 3 or 4 years of doing nothing but give false platitudes about how they want to be a big time football program.

I bet if I looked up old archives when Bohn was hired you'd find the same type of articles about how Tharp didn't do this, didn't do that and Bohn would have to come in and "change" it.

Bohn got fired because he sucked. 2 miserable football hires bankrupt the AD. That's all on him

Yeah exactly.

And I don't believe he was the main guy that hired Embree either.

Uhh he was the AD. The ultimate say came down to him

So they waited for him to hire another coach before they fired him ? How is it then all on him ?

Should have fired him before but I don't think anyone could foresee firing Embree 2 seasons in. It would have been too short of a turnaround to hire an AD mid-season and then hire a coach.

Anyways I'm pretty much over Bohn. He sucked. He was directly responsible for the AD and it failed under his watch except for basketball. That's not really debatable.

RG>>>>MB

1. Oregon: The Ducks' football facilities are among the best in the nation. And a new football operations building will make things even more outrageously impressive.

2. USC: The Coliseum is the biggest and most famous Pac-12 stadium. But the new, super-fancy John McKay Center, a 110,000-square foot facility that will house the USC football program as well as all athletic department academic and training support, is a game-changer for a program that long lagged on facilities.

3. Washington: The Huskies have been upgrading football facilities for years, but the big one is the renovation of decrepit Husky Stadium. Pair a great stadium with an unbelievable location and you could end up with one of the nation's best game-day experiences.

4. California: Across-the-board upgrades have seen Cal go from just about worst to first over the past five or six years. Strawberry Canyon has long been a great place to put a stadium. Now renovated Memorial Stadium will be as fancy-pants as its site is beautiful.

5. Stanford: Strong in just about every area as well as a well-executed stadium renovation before the 2006 season.

6. UCLA: The good: The Rose Bowl is a great, though off-campus, venue. And it's getting renovated, too. The bad: An 80-yard practice field.

7. Colorado: Great stadium and solid overall facilities. Still, things are a bit cramped and the Buffs could use an indoor facility.

8. Arizona State: If the renovation of Sun Devil Stadium happens -- it's only in the earliest stages of fundraising -- the program will make a leap into the top three or four. Arizona State lacks nothing in terms of facilities, but nothing blows you away (though the weight room is pretty impressive).

9. Utah: A new football building will bolster the Utes' facilities, addressing a long-standing issue. Overall, Utah has good, well-maintained facilities across the board.

10. Arizona: Good stadium and the North End zone project will make it better -- probably boosting the ranking here several notches. But there is a reason Mike Stoops took a shot at the program's football facilities a few months after he left.

11. Oregon State: The Beavers really lack nothing. Other than bells and whistles. But those count here.

12. Washington State: The Martin Stadium renovation will give the Cougars a substantial upgrade. And, not unlike the Beavers, the Cougs aren't lacking anything they need. Further good news is athletic director Bill Moos was the guy leading the charge at Oregon, when the age of bells and whistles began in the conference.

Back