What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

denver post q/a with hawkins...

Woooo. Fun new Friday afternoon drinking game. Chug a beer every time the word "boil" "boils" or "boiling" comes up in that article.

:drink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course some of the comments in the article are worth a read...

Hey, DBT... is your name Charles??? :smile2:

And about Gateway, come on man have some class, use the smack room. :lol:

Where is Hawkins making excuses? He is answering questions. He took the blame in some areas and simply explained things in others. Man, you negative sorts really get me. If CU cured a disease today, you'd be that they didn't do it yesterday. And then check out the fan boards on the Q&A, they act like Hawk picked only softball questions and ripped him again; I doubt he would have picked most of those. And the usual suspects on one site, some clown named Irish Buff (a frustrated old man) and Gateway (a frustrated, ugly bitter old woman), who have combined for like 30,000 posts rip away (the sysop recently listed post counts). My God, 30,000 posts: get a life! And they represent the base of that whole flock, collection of losers jealous of a quality man like Hawk putting it on the line when they've obviously done nothing more with their lives than spend all day and night posting on websites. Hawk, CU players, CU admin, don't pay attention to such losers. You will win again and you won't need such trash inyour corner. You have not lost us real CU fans.
Charles U
| 12:02 PM on Friday Apr 2

I understand what you are getting at -- the reality of modern technology and information-exchange has changed dramatically over the past 15 or so years. The great thing is definitely more information and exchange of ideas, but maybe a worrisome aspect is we seem to be turning into a society of critics and it seems like very few are happy about anything going on anymore.

:bang: so apparently we aren't able to be happy about anything. Swipe at the message boards if I've ever seen one. ****ing moron.

I love the enthusiasm you bring to the program and the love for the kids, but do you think that given some of the mental mistakes (i.e. troubles winning on the road and key penalties) that a change in the personality of our team is necessary to return to winning?
--Jake, Englewood

Ok... which one of you got this question in as a subtle way of asking if we need a new coach before we start winning? :lol:

Last edited:
A user channeling the Dan Hawkins "you guys have never taken risks" defense. Well done Charles, well done.

Who is this? Come on out! I'll actually rep the person just for the honesty.

While the kind words are most certainly appreciated...please take no offense when I say, we have reached a new low, even Corn nation has been reduced to feelings of pity when they look at our FB program. At least when you guys were hatin' we knew we were at least on the CFB radar.:cry:

I hear you completely. I miss the hate as well. :smile2:

I am sure you loved Bill Callahan's last year but if we would have kept him on I bet you guys would have started to feel some pity on us (even though you probably can't comprehend that)

Anyway it has definitely gotten to the point where Corn Fans wish CU was better because we like beating you when you are good. (Even though you always play us tough even with Hawk , it is just not the same)

Agree with you 100% except for hating Bo. I hate the gun hider. Bo is entertaining.

For what it's worth I thought Hawkins was a good hire and liked his personality (even though he was the CU Coach) in the beginning. But now he is just an embarassement to college football. I live in Denver and cringe when I see him on the news. I can't imagine what you guys must feel.

For what it's worth I thought Hawkins was a good hire and liked his personality (even though he was the CU Coach) in the beginning. But now he is just an embarassement to college football. I live in Denver and cringe when I see him on the news. I can't imagine what you guys must feel.

Ever had Montezuma's Revenge? Then you know....

I hear you completely. I miss the hate as well. :smile2:

I am sure you loved Bill Callahan's last year but if we would have kept him on I bet you guys would have started to feel some pity on us (even though you probably can't comprehend that)

Anyway it has definitely gotten to the point where Corn Fans wish CU was better because we like beating you when you are good. (Even though you always play us tough even with Hawk , it is just not the same)

I never have stopped feeling pity when on I-80 from the Wyo state line heading east. Conference reallignment can't happen soon enough.

'jealous of a quality man like Hawk'

Yeh. That's me, alright. I'm jealous.:rofl2:

:lol: Hey, I like the guy. I had a drunk uncle named Charles. Died of sorosis of the liver. But why would I make fun of someone who has 30,000 posts? :smile2: BTW, I no longer partake of that board.

Last edited:
As you can see by my three straight, now 4, retorts, I've been waiting all day to read all of your predictable posts. So, now its my turn. I thought the article is exactly what I thought it would be. Except for, maybe, one or two questions, the rest were pretty tame. Hawkins answered the politically correct way. Maybe its telling that since I read it several hours ago, I can hardly remember what he said anymore. But I have no problem with the positive message from him. He has got to be that way. That is part of the gig. I don't think he said anything worth ripping him over.

As you can see by my three straight, now 4, retorts, I've been waiting all day to read all of your predictable posts. So, now its my turn. I thought the article is exactly what I thought it would be. Except for, maybe, one or two questions, the rest were pretty tame. Hawkins answered the politically correct way. Maybe its telling that since I read it several hours ago, I can hardly remember what he said anymore. But I have no problem with the positive message from him. He has got to be that way. That is part of the gig. I don't think he said anything worth ripping him over.

Not even his going back to the "if you don't believe in me, you don't believe in CU" garbage? The man threw a lot of fans under the bus as bad fans last fall because they are willing to call his tenure the failure that it has been. Personally, I've heard that from him more than often enough...

Glad to know that we're all so predictable, DBT. :lol::lol:

What was your take on Hawkins' Lobato comments? It sounds like Hawkins likes him as an athlete. He's been getting reps at WR. What does this say about him and what does it say about Hirschman?

I think Hawk brings up Coach Mac so you all subliminally think back to the good old days and Hawk can dodge the questions. Basically a "I think about what Coach Mac ***don't think about reality don't think about reality*** says that you can't go to the well too much... " Hawk brought up Coach Mac in THREE different answers.

I am a Corn fan as you know but man I feel for you guys. Hawk says the most feelgood stupid crap ever. He basically says there is a formula to motivating players? You can only motivate them 3 or 4 times a season with a Rudy speech so you have to pick and choose the right timing? That is retarded.

I know you all hate Bo Pelini but that guy flat out motivates our players nearly every game, not just 3 or 4 times. That is just silly. I could go on and on but I am sure you don't want to hear it from a Corn fan. Plus you guys know it already I am sure you are all just biding your time until CU can afford to Can the Dan.
Are you kidding, we would take Pelini in a heartbeat. We should have offered him the job 4 years ago
but he went to LSU and was a huge part of their NC season. Miles could never have won it without Bo's defense. He's a great coach.

Are you kidding, we would take Pelini in a heartbeat. We should have offered him the job 4 years ago
but he went to LSU and was a huge part of their NC season. Miles could never have won it without Bo's defense. He's a great coach.

DuDE! ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING?

Nothing new in his answers. Wasn't Lobato doing well at qb? Is hirschman impressing? Hawks rowing and roll up the sleeves comments are just more of the same wacko stuff we hear daily. No hawk, I believe in CU but in no way believe in you. Show some humility for once.

You must be kidding, are you telling me Talkins is a better coach than Bo? I would love to have his record the last 2 years, are you telling me you would not?

No way, Dan is a much nicer guy and doesn't yell to motivate his team........

Back