What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Denver Sports 760 to exclusively cover the Broncos

AM 950 folks. Kreckman and Lombardi are great, and they talk about all kinds of ****. They have actually made me interested in the NBA and the Nuggets.

AM 950 folks. Kreckman and Lombardi are great, and they talk about all kinds of ****. They have actually made me interested in the NBA and the Nuggets.
I like Nate a lot, but I think Lombardi is pretty douchey. That show was so much better with Nalen, but you're right, they do a much better job diversifying their content. Much easier to do, though, when the station you work for is owned by Kroenke...

You'd think that they would produce a Pac-12 radio station to drive some more revenue out of the Tier 3 rights and utilize the talent they have working for the network. Shows for different sports, coaches' shows, student radio. Almost all the content could be produced on campus. Then all the live game content. Would seem to work with the local model the tv networks uses, too. Every university in the conference already has a broadcast & media lab for broadcasting anyway, so the basic infrastructure is already there.

You'd think that they would produce a Pac-12 radio station to drive some more revenue out of the Tier 3 rights and utilize the talent they have working for the network. Shows for different sports, coaches' shows, student radio. Almost all the content could be produced on campus. Then all the live game content. Would seem to work with the local model the tv networks uses, too. Every university in the conference already has a broadcast & media lab for broadcasting anyway, so the basic infrastructure is already there.

They are struggling to get their content out to the television market.

Radio's easier and cheap. I'm guessing that there are contracts with groups like IMG and Learfield that the individual schools still have which haven't expired and the Pac-12 didn't want to buy out.

Podcasts and Google Music FTW!!! Unless I'm listening to a live game broadcast, **** RADIO!!!!

For my Broncos fix I watch the 'That's Good Broncos' Youtube channel which is better on the Broncos than any radio personality in town.

Radio's easier and cheap. I'm guessing that there are contracts with groups like IMG and Learfield that the individual schools still have which haven't expired and the Pac-12 didn't want to buy out.

Nik is right that radio is easy and cheap. We are also in a time when a lot of radio outlets are looking to cut cost by trimming the amount of content they produce themselves.

If the PAC12 and the member schools each produced a quality show finding airtime for it would not be difficult in most PAC markets. You then use that show to drive interest in your live and televised offerings.

CU already has talent in it's media department who could drive content. A lot of the work could be done by interns or low cost student employees who have interest in media careers.

Not really holding my breath for anything truly major, but what could Polumbus possibly be referring to?

Tyler was pretty fun to listen to and had some good insights. Not afraid to give positive recognition to CU either. Be nice if he comes back in a prominent role.

So where are the Rockies and Buffs going to go when they get booted off 850 by a Broncos game?

Only time I ever listened to 760 since it became a sports channel was when Buffs or Rockies games got moved over there.

Hmm. What can I replace 760 with on my preset radio button list? Not much of interest on AM. I wonder if I could make it home from work just listening to static?

Nik is right that radio is easy and cheap. We are also in a time when a lot of radio outlets are looking to cut cost by trimming the amount of content they produce themselves.

If the PAC12 and the member schools each produced a quality show finding airtime for it would not be difficult in most PAC markets. You then use that show to drive interest in your live and televised offerings.

CU already has talent in it's media department who could drive content. A lot of the work could be done by interns or low cost student employees who have interest in media careers.
Isn't that BSNBUFFS?

On XM channel 197 is dedicated to the PAC-12,but they only use it to pick up radio broadcasts of games. You basically get the home teams radio feed (850 for Buff games).

I have often wondered why the PAC doesn't put something together and get some content on there. They could do a lot of things, and the channel is already there.

giphy.gif

Ed Werder covering the Broncos would be pretty damn cool.

I wish Vic Lombardi had never left Channel 4. I think he was the most tuned in guy as far as day-to-day happenings at Dove Valley are concerned back then. Klis is a shill who'll spread what Smyth, Ellis or Elway wants him to spread and i don't think it's a coincidence he's usually the first guy to break something.

Back