What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Denver sports radio...sigh

SuperD

Club Member
Club Member
CU is the worst CFB team in America, with its last game on Friday...yet no discussion on what should be done or whether a change should be made. Instead the next topic for discussion on the Fan is whether the kid who scored 138 last night should have taken that many shots.

There are a few former Buffs with big time slots in this market that are making this so. It's conveniently quiet right now. If Embree is fired, they'll be the ones to start the ****storm. Especially the one that works in the morning.

It's Denver and the Broncos are [strike]in first place[/strike] [strike]QB'd by a HOFer[/strike] [strike]Superbowl contenders[/strike]... you know what? It doesn't matter. The Broncos just "are" in this market. CU could be ranked #1 and sports talk radio in Denver would lead with a story about Peyton Manning possibly doing another SNL appearance.

CU is the worst CFB team in America, with its last game on Friday...yet no discussion on what should be done or whether a change should be made. Instead the next topic for discussion on the Fan is whether the kid who scored 138 last night should have taken that many shots.
If you let someone score 138 points on you, then you are not fouling hard enough. If I'm coaching, every kid on my team will be fouled out before that guy gets another shot off.

DMac pressing Al right now on CU because Al just said Kiffen is on a hotter seat then Embree. Al'l response is we're rebuilding.

LOL. @Reed from Big Al - "People need to keep their mouths shut"

Al says Jon Embree to stay, but not sure about EB. Also that Cabral "not forced out"

"What do you call the worst team in college football this season and the worst season in Colorado history"
(paraphrased)
Al: "rebuilding"

Last edited:
I don't see how anyone can stand sports talk in Denver. 10 stations doing 100% Broncos 24/7/365. Maybe it's just that I don't like pro sports.

"Rebuilding" is limited to two seasons at the max if you have a new coach coming in and implementing his system. Two seasons max and there should be positive indicators by mid-year second year. Anything else is a bogus excuse.

Big Al is an idiot. Rebuilding? Seriously? What exactly was rebuilt to this point?

We are in the process of digging a foundation for a 180 story building, the hole just keeps getting deeper and wider.

Joel Klatt was good when he was the morning guy on Mile High Radio, but seems to have lost all his values when he got the Fan and FoxSports gigs. Now just another dumb pretty boy who has the only opinion that matters. As far as Big Al goes... He's entertaining and that's what talk radio is all about. Chad Brown is also a class act, CJ not so much.

We are in the process of digging a foundation for a 180 story building, the hole just keeps getting deeper and wider.

Somebody mentioned the hole is going to come out in Dubai. I think the oil guy in charge just found a way to drill for oil in the middle of Boulder... :lol:

Big Al is an idiot. Rebuilding? Seriously? What exactly was rebuilt to this point?

Rebuilding should be a couple of 4 or 5-win seasons, not a 1-10 debacle where you've already had 8 games in which you've given up 38 or more points, have lost to the likes of CSU and Sac State in your own state, and have been uncompetitive against every BCS opponent with the exception of a team who is 2-9 and winless in conference.

And I thought Dallas sports radio was a pathetic joke. At least these vaginal blood farts recognize incompetence and call out the losers. Embree and staff would have been run out of town at mid season in most major markets.

Here is some irony for ya. I got off early today. Flipping around, the radio, not my car, I tuned in Irv and Joe. So, this CU fan calls in and is kind of ripping the staff. It was one of those "awkward" moments. Then Irv said, "There needs to be major changes on the staff."

To be honest, I respect Irv for saying that. Second, I felt bad for him to have to, but, third, I kind of got the thought that he must know what is coming and is at peace with it.

Does Irv still talk about cherry picking and puppies? Sorry..flashback to when he covered the Nuggets in the 70s...

Guys - this is what we're up against for the next days. These fools own the media around here. They will control it.

Our only answer is to stay loud and keep blasting the decision makers.

Guys - this is what we're up against for the next days. These fools own the media around here. They will control it.

Our only answer is to stay loud and keep blasting the decision makers.
The media doesn't control anything here. They don't pay enough attention for them to matter. Benson doesn't sit in his leather chair wondering, "What would Vic do?"

The media doesn't control anything here. They don't pay enough attention for them to matter. Benson doesn't sit in his leather chair wondering, "What would Vic do?"

Virtually all of the sports talk segments today were devoted to the issue of keeping Embree. They all spewed the same talking points - none of which make any logical sense whatsoever. Stuff like arguing that making a change now would set back the program. "Set back the program"?!? how much farther can it possibly be set back? Anyway, my point is that it was obvious somebody at CU (Plati, probably) sent out a bunch of talking points to the local radio dorks to try to send out the message that it's really important that we give Embree more time. They played it to the hilt, too.

Back