What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Denver to join WAC in 2012

right on re: grad school. the best place to eat around DU is Jerusalem on Evans. rip-snorting gyros. the Greek Omelet at Pete's Kitchen got me through a couple times, too.

Yum. The meat plate with hummus with Shiracha sauce stirred into the hummus. Great place. Might have to go there this weekend.

right on re: grad school. the best place to eat around DU is Jerusalem on Evans. rip-snorting gyros. the Greek Omelet at Pete's Kitchen got me through a couple times, too.

WTF? You can go to Mustard's on University and it'll be like you never left Boulder. Jumbo dog with cheese, grilled onions, and brown mustard >> shawarma.

At one time the CU-DU football rivalry was the strongest in the state. DU played at a national level in the 30s, 40s, and early 50's before the program was abandoned in 1961 for financial reasons. In these years DU went to a number of bowl games in an era where most teams didn't get to go so it really meant something.

At the time this was happening CSU (Colorado A&M at the time) was in one of its long periods of football ineptitude so the significant game in Colorado was when CU played DU.

Given the current cost of running a FBS or even a FCS football program along with the fact that DU doesn't have a stadium or land on which to build one I don't see the return of football as being practical for them. In the long run I question their ability to justify the D-1 sports programs they have other than Hockey from a financial standpoint but that is their problem. The move to the WAC may make this a little more practical from a standpoint of less travel, more interest based on competition from more regional schools, a better presence in a more logical recruiting region for them, and a higher media profile for the conference since it doesn't get much lower than the Sun Belt.

Back