What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Depth Chart

Educated Guess

QB

1st team- Hansen
2nd team Hirschman
3rd team- Burnete
4th team- Shrock and Dorman

WR-

1st team- Clemons and Richardson
2nd team- Logan Gray, Canty
3rd team- Mccolough, Cefalo and Spruce

TE
1st team- Deehan, Thornton
2nd team- Slavin, Bahr
3rd team- Allen, Fernandez

FB
1st team- Evan harrington
2nd team- Tyler Ahles

RB
1st team- Ronny Stewart
2nd team- Brian Lockridge
3rd team- Tony Jones
4th team- Ford or Goodson or Creer

1st team Offensive line
OT- Harris
OG- Miller
C- Munyer
OG- Adkins
OT- Baktiari(sp)

2nd team
OT- Lewis
OG- Asiata or Danniewitz(sp)
C- Daniels
OG- Crabb
OT- Tao

1st team DL

DE- Uzo Diribe
DT- Conrad Obi
DT- Will Pericak
DE- Josh hartigan

2nd team
DE- Juda Parker
DT- Nate Bonsu
DT- Curtis Cunnigham
DE-Nick Kasa

1st team Linebackers

SLB- Lilo Nobriaga
MLB- Doug Ripppy
WLB- John Major

2nd team
SLB- Woodson Greer or Patrick Mankhe(sp)
MLB- Brady Daigh
WLB- Derrick Webb

1st team Safties
SS- Polk
FS- Perskins

2nd team
SS- Sandersveldt(sp)
FS- Terrell Smith

Cornerbacks- two of the following would be starters
Deji Olatoye
Jonathan Hawkins
Paul Vigo
Greg Hendrson
Makiri Pugh
Parker Orms
Sherrad harington
Josh Moten
Kyle Washington

K- Will Oliver
LS- Keegan Lamar
P- Brundage or Grossnickle or Darrign Oneil(sp)

Last edited:
Orms is not practicing though, would have to start practicing. My money is on Paul Vigo and Deji for the starting Cornerback spots.

Any chance we redshirt Dorman? How has Makiri looked in practice? I thought he would have the athletic ability to win a job as a DB this year. Does Parker have the speed to compete in the Pac 12 out on an island or will we have to roll coverages his way?

Any chance we redshirt Dorman? How has Makiri looked in practice? I thought he would have the athletic ability to win a job as a DB this year. Does Parker have the speed to compete in the Pac 12 out on an island or will we have to roll coverages his way?

It is metaphysical certitude that Dorman will redshirt unless smallpox breaks out among our other QBs. Early practice reports have stated that Pugh looks improved, but he looks to be a back-up early on, although I think all the DBs are in the mix for now. I think Parker Orms is fast enough, but may not have the size to stay healthy or cover taller receivers.

Reports from yesterday say that the 70-man travel team will be named today or tomorrow, which I take to mean that will be the initial depth chart for the HI game.

I know the knock on Orms was his speed coming out of High School. The guy appears to be a gamer however. I would really like him as our nickel DB with bigger faster guys on the outside. We really seem to be weak at the DB position right now on paper. I wonder if we get any JUCO's or transfers in this year for recruiting to help add depth for next fall. How has the Gray looked at WR? Who is returning punts and kickoffs right now?

I wonder if all the Hawaiian guys will travel. K.T. Tuumalo won't play but you'd have to think he would still travel (along with Asiata, Tau, Juda)

I think Jones will be 2 at rb. From reading reports on other sites and from watching practice i really think EB is going to use espy a lot more then what everyone thinks.colorado1.jpg

Last edited:
Good points in this thread.

Orms is a likely starter if he can get himself healthy. He makes too many plays when he's on the field to not have him in there.

Espy will be used. He's dependable as hell. Excellent route runner and he catches everything. He's been used out of position by having him split wide. He's a slot receiver who can use his quickness to get open if he's in space.

I also expect to only see 2 QBs on the traveling roster. If it comes down to it and we need to go to QB3, I think we'll see Gray in there as the emergency guy. None of our QBs behind Hirschman are capable of winning games right now (they'd do more to lose games, imo). We'd go with the guy who can create matchup problems and put pressure on a defense even if it meant we had to scale back the offense and run more wildcat type stuff from the back of the playbook.

I wonder if all the Hawaiian guys will travel. K.T. Tuumalo won't play but you'd have to think he would still travel (along with Asiata, Tau, Juda)

I was wondering this as well. It seems like you would take the Hawaii guys for a coupla reasons. First it would be really hard on them not to go and may kinda piss them off. Second it should help with island recruiting.

However, it would fly in the face of the coaches philosophy (ie you bring those who are gonna help you win) if they brought some of the HI kids that maybe were not working as hard as someone else who didnt get to travel.

Luckily it seems from the practice reports that all of those guys are doing well and would be expected to travel regardless of the destination.

Also the more that I think about it, Embree wouldnt take a guy who didnt deserve to go regardless of where or who or any other circumstances. That is why you gotta like the guy.

Schrock is ahead of Dorman Embree says

Schrock now 3rd on the depth chart behind Hansen and Hirschman. Still too early though, Hirschman is a good case study. Hirschman growth from year 1 to year 2 has been astronomical. I expect the same from Dorman.

Embree comments post practice on buffzone.com

He likes the corners Deji, Vigo, Henderson, Henderson surprises him with his physcial play. He also likes the young safeties Harlos and Washington.

Last edited:
If it comes down to Scrock or Dorman we are in deep trouble either way. I would think that Dorman has a much higher ceiling so if it came down to who loses a year of eligibility it is a no brainer, Dorman sits, probably even if it means playing Burnette even if he is behind Dorman.

I can't see Embree pulling a Hawk and blowing a year of eligibility for a guy to play one or two snaps.

If Orms is healthy I can't see how you can keep him off the field. He is a guy who makes plays and is a leader and pure effort guy. I can see him being a starter but also getting subbed for in certain situations where his size is a liability like obvious run situations.

If it comes down to Scrock or Dorman we are in deep trouble either way. I would think that Dorman has a much higher ceiling so if it came down to who loses a year of eligibility it is a no brainer, Dorman sits, probably even if it means playing Burnette even if he is behind Dorman.

I can't see Embree pulling a Hawk and blowing a year of eligibility for a guy to play one or two snaps.

If Orms is healthy I can't see how you can keep him off the field. He is a guy who makes plays and is a leader and pure effort guy. I can see him being a starter but also getting subbed for in certain situations where his size is a liability like obvious run situations.

Actually, from what I saw, Schrock has the higher ceiling with better physical tools.

Actually, from what I saw, Schrock has the higher ceiling with better physical tools.

Is that because he is just overall better right now or is it because Dorman is behind in maturity? I remember when Koy came out of HS he was a slow developer physically. He never got big and thick but coming out of HS he was really skinny and small. I wonder if Dorman has a growth spurt left in him that will move him ahead.

Back