What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Derek Dooley fired: Tennessee takes its football seriously enough

It is all about taking your football seriously. cpf had two losing seasons in his last four. Fans don't want to celebrate wins in 1998. What have you done for me lately? It is the same at your job. 'I had the top sales figures in 2004'. Nobody cares-you got paid for that already and this is 2012.
The CU administration begs to differ. They take their football so seriously, they go back to 1989 and 1990. Hell, right now, they like to go back to the 1984 season.

Holy crap we are so ****ed.

What I wouldn't give for an admin that actually cared and took football seriously.

Some Tenn fans on rivals posted that they are doomed for mediocrity because their Chancellor doesn't care about football

They'll definitely keep throwing their money around in pursuit of that success. Something to be said for that I guess.
That's all you can do. Nobody has a crystal ball. DD looked like a very solid hire at the time. He's an impressive guy, but he's not gettign it done.
You don't know until you know. Move on. Keep goign untill you find the guy that gets it done. The worst thing you can do is keep digging your hole. That's a killer. That's a death spiral and feeds on itself.

Some Tenn fans on rivals posted that they are doomed for mediocrity because their Chancellor doesn't care about football

I'd kill for mediocrity.

Certainly some factors in a successful football team are situational, and some are pure luck. But I'd argue that you really have to **** up to create a team as bad as ours. This isn't luck. This is what happens when you hold a struggling coach for one year too long, and then hire an inexperienced replacement without proven HC, or coordinator credentials.

In SEC country, the University administration will lose their jobs if they don't put football first.

I would not say first but if a President/Chancellor ignores football he will not last. The level of alumni giving is in direct relation to the football program.

Imagine that.

But that has never been the case at CU. after the 1989 and 1990 national championship / Orange Bowl teams, CU's athletic department did not see a significant increase in donor support. After the 2001 Big 12 Championship team, which almost made it to the title game, CU's athletic department didn't see a big boost in donor support.

But that has never been the case at CU. after the 1989 and 1990 national championship / Orange Bowl teams, CU's athletic department did not see a significant increase in donor support. After the 2001 Big 12 Championship team, which almost made it to the title game, CU's athletic department didn't see a big boost in donor support.

It just tells you how poorly managed the AD has always been at CU. There have been ADs who were skilled at hiring and managing coaches, but CU has never had a visionary in the position who built an efficient organization. From that standpoint, Bohn is probably the best AD that CU has ever had.

Is that true?

Back