What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Describe your CU fandom (sports preferences)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
I'm passionate about both Men's Basketball and Football. I'd more on the MBB side, but it's close.

After that, I mostly just like to see CU achieving excellence in other sports and will jump on the bandwagon if a team is doing particularly well that year. I'd say my #3 is WLAX followed by a tie between VB & Soccer and then WBB. I will attend these games in person. Beyond that, it's a matter of general support and tuning in to follow live stats or the telecast if they're in the NCAAs for post-season or Pac-12 tourney, but I don't follow closely.

If CU was going to add sports, my #1 would be MLAX, #2 would be Men's Ice Hockey and #3 would be Men's Soccer. On the women's side, I'd really like Beach Volleyball and could get behind Ice Hockey. Could see myself attending the random live event for those.

Football is the vehicle to support Cross Country, Track, and CU’s amazing distance runners. I love the men’s and woman’s runners above all.

Since XC isn’t a readily accessible spectator (not withstanding Aztec’s amazing job in the Olympics forum), FB is my #1

MBB wasn’t on my radar until Tad Boyle beat KSU three times in one season. And Carlon Brown tomahawks my focus to the hardwood.

To round things out:

Woman’s VB > Skiing > WBB > WLax > W soccer > Tennis > Golf

Football >>>>>>>>>>>>> Basketball>>>>>>>>Men's Lax, Hockey and Baseball if they every got it>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Everything else.

Football above all.

Always enjoyed MBB.

Not much interest otherwise. I do want CU to excel in all sports though. What the track team has accomplished is simply incredible. As are the skiers. And I do take note of their accomplishments. I’d like to see the golf team do better.

CU hockey is something I could see myself getting into on the level of MBB or possibly surpass it. Like buying season tickets level.

Gotta give a tie to MBB and FB. I don't watch other CU sports but I follow them occasionally.

If CU were to add a men's hockey team and a baseball team I would definitely pay to watch both. Beyond that I would love to see CU add men's and women's swimming and diving. It is a big deal in the PAC 12 and Colorado high school swimming (especially women's) produces a lot of great swimmers. My ex girlfriend from high school was an all-american swimmer and swam against Missy Franklin(Cal) and Bonnie Brandon(Arizona). She always lamented the fact that CU didn't have a swim team.

Gotta give a tie to MBB and FB. I don't watch other CU sports but I follow them occasionally.

If CU were to add a men's hockey team and a baseball team I would definitely pay to watch both. Beyond that I would love to see CU add men's and women's swimming and diving. It is a big deal in the PAC 12 and Colorado high school swimming (especially women's) produces a lot of great swimmers. My ex girlfriend from high school was an all-american swimmer and swam against Missy Franklin(Cal) and Bonnie Brandon(Arizona). She always lamented the fact that CU didn't have a swim team.
CU doesn't even have a pool. It's a disgrace, but it is what it is.

Football
MBB
Men's and Women's Golf (we're good)
Women's Volleyball & Soccer (hotness factor, no apologies)
Skiing (we rule)

I table any and all discussions for net new sports until we believe the football has the support it deserves.

Out of the sports in place:

1) Football
2) Men's BB
3) Women's BB
4) CC
5) Volleyball
6) Soccer
7) Track & Field

Realistically, I'm tracking box scores for 3-7 unless it is a championship - and more than half the Men's BB games to boot. I don't have the luxury of being 10 minutes from the campus, so not quite as engaged as some of you who are closer.

Football and then basketball. The other sports I like to track and see how they do my interest level is very low.

Would definitely enjoy baseball and hockey though.

Football

Then a big, Grand Canyon-esque chasm.

Men’s Hockey (if they had it)
Men’s basketball
Baseball (if they had it)
Skiing
Women’s lacrosse
Women’s soccer
Swimming & diving (if they had it)

I barely know what other sports are out there.

Football and men’s basketball. But my son was a big XC runner and I thought he was going to run at CU. I love XC. And my daughter was a pretty good soccer player who played club level at CU (they won a club NC). So I love women’s soccer as well.

I table any and all discussions for net new sports until we believe the football has the support it deserves.

Out of the sports in place:

1) Football
2) Men's BB
3) Women's BB
4) CC
5) Volleyball
6) Soccer
7) Track & Field

Realistically, I'm tracking box scores for 3-7 unless it is a championship - and more than half the Men's BB games to boot. I don't have the luxury of being 10 minutes from the campus, so not quite as engaged as some of you who are closer.
I doubt I'd go see any games other than FB and MBB if I didn't live in Boulder. But when you're talking free or like 5 bucks a ticket with it only a few blocks away, those other sports make for great family entertainment. Beats the hell out of going to a movie or whatever.

CU football took over Broncos for me as a Mines Student with best friend playing for CU. 2001 is my most exciting season watching the Buffs religiously. 2016 was a very close second. Late 80s to 90s were exciting but had my own youth sports I missed a lot of games.

Basketball I started to follow late into Ricardo’s tenure daily but it’s nowhere close to football. Probably my 8th favorite team at any level.

XC is always fun to keep an eye on and now soccer due to my daughter playing. Cheer for them all and wish for success but doesn’t ruin my day like CU FB loss.

Football first and foremost. Season Tix. Build my Fall Saturdays around Buffs football, whatever the team's record.

Women's Volleyball is next. I typically get season tix and attend most home games. It's an amazing sport.

Men's BB, though I usually just watch the games on TV, and seldom attend live (even though it's only a 20 minute walk down to Coors). No season tix.

I attend a few Women's LAX games each year, and follow the team.

Don't attend but still follow:

Men's and Women's Cross Country. Skiing. One or two track events (steeplechase, for instance).

Don't really follow, unless there's a compelling reason (great season etc...):

The rest.

Football obviously. Hoops if the team(s) are either good or on the rise. With Buffs basketball I'm admittedly nothing more than a shameless front runner.
I really like following the Track & Field / XC folks. We have a great history here, most recently Coburn and Kipp. Some good sprinters lately too. The cool thing about T&F is that you can follow the athletes beyond CU and into the big national meets, World Championships, and the Olympics if they make it. Tip of the hat to Aztec, who keeps us dialed in to all of the "non-revenue" sports in massive detail.

Back