What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

DeVaughn Thornton????

RK

UBL
WHY haven't we used him at all! I was expecting him to create some good mismatches on opposing LB's, yet another case of us not utilizing our weapons..

Excellent question. I don't remember hearing his name called at all this year. He was supposed to be the next big thing at TE.

I'm waiting as well. You'd think "Kies" and the boys would be looking for any type of extra spark on offense.....no, actually you probably wouldn't. -- We don't even try to utilize the speed we have at receiver.

We apparently do not like to us TE's anymore. Why would we? CU has a long history of developing quality blocking and pass catching tight ends. There is no way this coaching staff would want to do anything consistent with historical success.

we usually like to use the TE effectively once or maybe twice throughout a game per season and then decide to "wow" other teams/staffs with the rest of our weapons.

Wondered the same thing all year. Deehan has made some screwups but I dont think we use him enough either. He has ability.

Wondered the same thing all year. Deehan has made some screwups but I dont think we use him enough either. He has ability.

the archetype for this sort of thing is Geer in 06 against ISU. Geer makes catches all over the place (and makes sense since B Jax doesn't have "all the throws" for the newfangled, high octane Boise Offense). CU wins. Geer disappears rest of season.

Its ridiculous the last few great CU teams have had great receivers and a great tight end (Mccoy, Graham, Hackett) to accent the running backs. We have these pieces and we hardly use the receivers for their strengths and haven't thrown 1 ball to Thornton. WOW

Back