What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Dez Bryant...

Buff fanatic

just got a text from the local radio station saying "Breaking News: Dez Bryant suspended by the NCAA for one full calendar year". Pretty surprising since most people in Oklahoma figured he'd be back for Colorado at the latest.

Selfishly, I smiled. Although, too bad because the kid is unreal.

While I'm glad CU won't have to face him, this whole thing is utter bullsh!t. He had a meeting with Deon Sanders, and that somehow makes him ineligible? I swear that if this kid had gone to USC, Texass, Florida or Ohio State, we would have never heard of it and he'd be playing this Saturday. The double standard of the NCAA is absurd.

While I'm glad CU won't have to face him, this whole thing is utter bullsh!t. He had a meeting with Deon Sanders, and that somehow makes him ineligible? I swear that if this kid had gone to USC, Texass, Florida or Ohio State, we would have never heard of it and he'd be playing this Saturday. The double standard of the NCAA is absurd.

Agreed, from all accounts there was no agent present or anything else illegal. The problem is he got scared and lied to the NCAA when asked about it. C'mon...a year suspension??:rolleyes:

Even more sad, this year with the how things are playing out, he'd have a real shot at the Heisman with a W against Texass saturday.

Prime time...prime time....you guys are right, if it were USC, nothing would even come of it. For them to not get even a slap on the wrist with the reggie bush stuff is BS.

Prime time...prime time....you guys are right, if it were USC, nothing would even come of it. For them to not get even a slap on the wrist with the reggie bush stuff is BS.

In fairness, Reggie Bush received a lifetime ban from NCAA football. He will never be allowed to play again.

Wait so.. it's illegal to talk to a former NFL player? ..Why?

Or is it because he lied about talking to him and that's why he got a year suspension? Pretty ridiculous either way.

Once again the NCAA fails instead of coming down on the side of what's best for the players (or an individual player). It's one of the worst examples of bureaucratic failure that one could point to...

... to the point that I'd rather have the federal government managing my healthcare than the NCAA.

Last edited:
nobody's happier than UT fan. a big game from Bryant is one of the few things possibly standing in the way of UT going undefeated.

He is being penalized because he lied to the NCAA. If he had just come right out and admitted that he had the meeting with Sanders (and make no mistake, while no agent was present, it was a 100% sales pitch by Sanders for his agent, Eugene Parker) then the NCAA probably slaps him on the wrist, gives him a one game suspension or something, etc.

(and make no mistake, while no agent was present, it was a 100% sales pitch by Sanders for his agent, Eugene Parker)QUOTE]

Were you there? According to EVERYONE present and involved, and everyone with some inside knowledge of what happend, this was not at all the case. :confused:
And if it did happen, and everyone is incorrect, who cares??? Its illegal to hear a pitch regarding an agent you should hire when the time comes?? A kid lied. It happens. Glad my parents werent as harsh with me as the NCAA is. Way to teach a lesson. Its ridiculous.

He is being penalized because he lied to the NCAA. If he had just come right out and admitted that he had the meeting with Sanders (and make no mistake, while no agent was present, it was a 100% sales pitch by Sanders for his agent, Eugene Parker) then the NCAA probably slaps him on the wrist, gives him a one game suspension or something, etc.

I totally disagree. The NCAA has two sets of rules; One for teams & players at USC, UT, UF, OSU, ND, Michigan, and a completely different set of rules for everybody else. I don't care what Sanders was doing. He's not an agent, and an agent was not present. This it total garbage and only reinforces the obvious double standard that the NCAA operates under.

The NCAA is a total joke. They are still "investigating" USC. Everyone on the planet knows that Reggie Bush & family received more than $100k in "additional benefits", and the Bball program is even more corrupt. Yet the NCAA will not pull the trigger on anything and they have been working on it for over a year.

It takes them a few weeks to decide to suspend a player from OU for an entire year for being frieds with a formar NFL player, and even the NCAA admits that nothing improper happened at the meeting.

When did the NCAA adopt the Martha Stewart rule of punishment. You didn't do anything wrong, but you lied to us, and that is worse than doing anything wrong.

Back