What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Did anyone else think we were fraked when Itlis/Hansen got into it?

BuffNut99

Club Member
Club Member
I saw that and thought, "Great, now we can add player infighting to the list of horribles."

But the team really responded to that! Itlis got flagged for a false start, walked back to huddle, Hansen obviously said something to him, Solder (I think) ran over to shove Itlis, and suddenly we are a mistake-free team gashing it up the middle! But I initially thought we had ascended to the 10th plane of implosion.

I saw solder get into it with both iltis and Adkins. Then he called an oline huddle and chewed some ass. Fantastic stuff. He's now my fav buff on offense! Hope they like that feeling and do it more often. We have been so leadership light lately that solders actions were frankly shocking. I almost thought he was gonna get pulled by haLk :lol:

I thought we were fraked (wtf does that mean? ****ed?) when we had a false start on the second damn play of the game.

I sit in 109 and the people i brought to the game saw that and we instant mentioned it. We said it would it was just a microcosm of the program and figured we would see this lead to more of what we saw in the first half but it seemed to fire the Buffs up and led to 17 points and the lead.

Tyler brayton nearly killed so mo-fos at half of the ucla game back in 2001. We dominated after that. I like it.

Iltis? I saw Solder slapping some guys around.
First drive of 2nd half. Itlis penalized (on 3rd and 1 I believe). Hansen said something to Itlis. Itlis rushed up to Hansen. Solder shoved Itlis. Buffs convert 3rd down, score 31 pts in 2nd half.

I saw that and thought, "Great, now we can add player infighting to the list of horribles."

But the team really responded to that! Itlis got flagged for a false start, walked back to huddle, Hansen obviously said something to him, Solder (I think) ran over to shove Itlis, and suddenly we are a mistake-free team gashing it up the middle! But I initially thought we had ascended to the 10th plane of implosion.

Just finished watching the game (had some family stuff this afternoon, glad I fought back the urge to delete the recording at halftime) and it was pretty obvious that the game turned around there. I was actually glad for it when it happened. Seemed like the moment that Hansen finally said "**** it! I'm sick of getting my ass handed to me out here while you dumb****s keep ****ing every ****ing drive". Which is exactly what somebody has needed to do to this team for about 5 years now.

From the second they came out in the third quarter they had INTENSITY. Finally. I've waited 5 years to see a team with Hawlwk on the sidelines actually play like they not only gave a ****, but were pissed off and looking to taste blood. In that third quarter I saw it. I think I got a bit of a chubby even. Not sure if it was Hansen and/or Solder chewing some ass, or if it had more to do with the offense FINALLY coming out attacking and setting the tempo, but it was there.

I do want to see more of the offense pushing the tempo and setting the pace. I honestly think getting guys into a flow, lining up and firing out helps to cut down on the errors. I think a lot of the false starts and stupid **** we've seen has come from guys playing too tight and thinking too much. In this second half I saw a team actually just lining up and making plays.

I'd like to believe we'll see more of this. But I think it's going to have to happen for about 4 more years before I can start believing anything is actually different. When the FCS announcer said "This is Colorado football" when we were running over Hawaiis (piss poor) run defense, I could still only say "No, but I'd kill for this to really be Colorado football again". I'm sure reality will be flying in on the plane with Georgia. But for a couple weeks we've got a good note to hold on to...

Alright, for anyone who missed this, the sequence happens on 2nd and 10 from the CU 31, 14:21 left in 3rdQ, Itlis false start. Buffs eventually converted 3rd and 8 and scored several plays later.

Solder should have gotten a flag for grabbing Itis's facemask. it would have been 3 and 26.

just kidding. really good to see that.

Back