What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Did We Just Murder Oregon Football?

Did We Just Murder Oregon Football

• Yes

Votes: 45 47.9%
  • No

Votes: 49 52.1%

• Total voters
If we don't get rid of Helfrich after this season it might take a decade to rebuild. If that happens I might have to send my donations somewhere else...

You still have that AD with Kentucky ties? He fired my cousin when he cleaned house on your soccer program because that was not acceptable winning. His new staff is 0-5 in conference 5 years later. I think your problems are above Helfrich.

They may not be frustrated with the identity - but instead the execution of that identity.

An Oregon coaching changes seems mostly inevitable at this point. I haven't followed their coaching tree since Belotti was there, but I have to believe there are at least a few coordinators having a good run that were previously at Oregon that will get a serious look to "bring them back to what made them great".

Scott Frost

Oregon was falling apart while Scott Frost was there. Their offense has been falling off slowly since the day Chip Kelly left and why anyone thinks that Helfrich's OC should take over is beyond me. They didn't develop or recruit QBs. Period. Go hire the guy who was in charge of that for the last several years? WTF?

You still have that AD with Kentucky ties? He fired my cousin when he cleaned house on your soccer program because that was not acceptable winning. His new staff is 0-5 in conference 5 years later. I think your problems are above Helfrich.
Mullens has made some pretty good hires for the other programs, but he has struggled with Football.

Next target: Oregon Basketball
That might be harder as the basketball team has a very good coach unlike the football team. At the pace Oregon is going we might be a basketball and not football school soon enough.

No - oregon murdered themselves. Crappy head coach hire, not recruiting and not developing QB's, trying to win with fashion statements and no true identity.

Mullens has made some pretty good hires for the other programs, but he has struggled with Football.

That might be harder as the basketball team has a very good coach unlike the football team. At the pace Oregon is going we might be a basketball and not football school soon enough.
not a lot of Dana Altman fans here. While he's had some success, I don't consider him a good coach. He gets players (many with questionable character) who can ball a bit.

I think the ambition to look more like actual ducks is something that we will look back on as a revolutionary idea. By 2050 all CFB teams may emulate their mascots in appearance and style of play. By then, Oregon will be back in the national conversation.

I wish they would have made the face masks apex outward near the bottom to look more like the bill of a mallard and prescribed that the players carry fluffy hand towels in their back pockets to better emulate the duck's plumage.

Listening to College Sports Today on Sirius. They do a weekly segment with Helfrich. They said "he couldn't make it this week but will return next week." Hmm. Given his situation, I'm , um, skeptical.

not a lot of Dana Altman fans here. While he's had some success, I don't consider him a good coach. He gets players (many with questionable character) who can ball a bit.
Dana Altman would fit in well at **** bailer

This might come off as racist, but middle-aged White basketball coaches with dubious recruiting reputations all look the same to me.

ScottDrew226.jpg

512x.jpg

I know Helfrich does not deserve another year, but I hope that loss really shows the AD what he needs to fire him. If he keeps Helfrich another year I wont be able to watch an Oregon game. Would it be cool if I jumped on your bandwagon until this ****ing clown is gone? It would be nice to watch a team that plays hard and has coaches without a head up their ass.

I know Helfrich does not deserve another year, but I hope that loss really shows the AD what he needs to fire him. If he keeps Helfrich another year I wont be able to watch an Oregon game. Would it be cool if I jumped on your bandwagon until this ****ing clown is gone? It would be nice to watch a team that plays hard and has coaches without a head up their ass.
Once you're on the bandwagon, you can't get off. We'll accept you (especially if you do an annual CU cheerleader thread). Choose wisely.

Welcome to the hotel Colorado...

Yeah. Hop aboard. There's a seat in the back. But before you sit down, bring me a diet Dr. Pepper and a sammich.

I get that football coaching is a bunch of sister ****ing, but how he got a job after his time at CU always confused me.

Man, fast fall from the top for Oregon. Helfrich on the way out, no doubt. 0-4 in PAC12 play and every team gunning for you.

Back