What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ding dong the witch is dead!!!!!!

It is already very ugly. Bohn is awful at these sorts of things. Just absolutely awful.

Lionel just stated it again on 7 news. Not a matter of if, just when. DiStepheno and Bohn just have to meet and hammer out the details.

I saw it too. They're meeting tonight and deciding if he'll finish out the season so a formal announcement might come as soon as this evening or tomorrow morning. The headline read "Hawkins Fired."

Last edited:
Bohn needs to publicly pull the trigger immediately to save face and prevent our AD from looking more small-time than it already does. This entire debacle has been badly and repeatedly mishandled.

The only appropriate thing to do right now is to fire Hawkins immediately and name Mac or someone like him as interim HC; only Mac if you plan on keeping him around. This team needs a STRONG leader that they like and respect or kids are going to start filling out their the transfer slips before the year even ends.

This program is bigger than Dan Hawkins and it is surely bigger than Cody Hawkins. Act. Now. The time for rhetoric and politicking has come and gone.

Hours seem like days and days seem like months. But the reality is that this nightmare will end in no more than three short weeks. This thread just shows how much most of us need closure so that we can start looking forward. Face it, for Bohn, he has to decide what the advantages and disadvantages of when to make the announcement are. He has already made the decision. There is no doubt about that. There is also no doubt that there are tons of things going on behind the scenes relating to the selection of the next regime. So, its hard for us to be patient. But be patient we must. Like I said, days seem like months right now. But one month from now, this will seem like it went pretty quickly.

Hours seem like days and days seem like months. But the reality is that this nightmare will end in no more than three short weeks. This thread just shows how much most of us need closure so that we can start looking forward. Face it, for Bohn, he has to decide what the advantages and disadvantages of when to make the announcement are. He has already made the decision. There is no doubt about that. There is also no doubt that there are tons of things going on behind the scenes relating to the selection of the next regime. So, its hard for us to be patient. But be patient we must. Like I said, days seem like months right now. But one month from now, this will seem like it went pretty quickly.

It is a nice sentiment DBT, but they have to make a definitive announcement now about what is going on. You cannot have reports on local TV that he will not be back and not have any sort of statement. Otherwise, every single question asked this week will be about Hawkins' job status.

The "we have to be patient" argument went out the window the moment Channel 7 went with the story tonight.

What, then, are the disadvantages of announcing he is gone now? The story is already public. Any sense of "continuity" is down the drain. Keeping him here is going to drag the program even lower than it already is with negativity and second-guessing. It allows Hawkins time to infect the entire program with his bitterness and poor attitude. Do you really think there are any "advantages" to retaining a coach that has already shown he feels he is above the program after he knows he is fired? Why? So he can encourage kids to transfer and turn them off of the team? So he can create some sort of insular "us-vs-them" environment where the players view CU and its fans as "the enemy"?

TERRIBLE idea. He must go now before he damages the program any more.

The longer he is here the more kids transfer or totally throw in the towel.

It is already very ugly. Bohn is awful at these sorts of things. Just absolutely awful.

If the coaching staff has already been notified then it is not awful, and if I were you I would wait to hear when he notified the staff to grade Bohn on this one.

207_not_sure_if_serious.jpg

It is a nice sentiment DBT, but they have to make a definitive announcement now about what is going on. You cannot have reports on local TV that he will not be back and not have any sort of statement. Otherwise, every single question asked this week will be about Hawkins' job status.

The "we have to be patient" argument went out the window the moment Channel 7 went with the story tonight.

BS. You are playing the same card fans always play. This will play itself out in three weeks. Even if Bohn announced Hawk's dismissal today, we would still go through several weeks of a coaching search. I don't buy that he already has a guy, Mac, for instance, to just step right in. Patience IS a virtue.

BS. You are playing the same card fans always play. This will play itself out in three weeks. Even if Bohn announced Hawk's dismissal today, we would still go through several weeks of a coaching search. I don't buy that he already has a guy, Mac, for instance, to just step right in. Patience IS a virtue.

It has nothing to do with naming the next guy. I have no illusions we will be hiring a guy right away (in fact, I hope we do not). It has everything to do with not creating a circus around your practices.

Bohn threw fuel on the fire last night when he talked about addressing the coaching situation later in the week. I honestly do not care if they announce Hawkins is staying through the end of the year or if they fire him tomorrow, but how can you sit back and say nothing with all these rumors out there?

just like i've been saying, our simpleminded athletic director doesn't know how to learn from mistakes. doing the exact same thing with hawkins as he did with patton, letting him finish the season when he already knows it's over. if it's over then kick him out now! take away his keys and lock the door you ****ing imbecile!

i literally have no confidence in whoever bohn picks as our next coach because i'm pretty sure this lack of ability to learn from mistakes extends to his hiring decisions. he's always hired terrible coaches, he will continue to hire terrible coaches

It has nothing to do with naming the next guy. I have no illusions we will be hiring a guy right away (in fact, I hope we do not). It has everything to do with not creating a circus around your practices.

Bohn threw fuel on the fire last night when he talked about addressing the coaching situation later in the week. I honestly do not care if they announce Hawkins is staying through the end of the year or if they fire him tomorrow, but how can you sit back and say nothing with all these rumors out there?
OK, I think you and I have a misunderstanding then. I'd prefer to see it ended now. But I also don't think three weeks is going to make a big difference.

images

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

If troo, not a good move. His coaching has been lame but now he's also a lame duck leader? This won't bode well for the next few weeks.

It hasn't bode well for 5 years. What, you afraid we might lose our next 3 games? Unreal.

It is odd that these folks would let this thing spin out of control...Maybe Plati the media relations guy has lived past his prime as well.

OK, I think you and I have a misunderstanding then. I'd prefer to see it ended now. But I also don't think three weeks is going to make a big difference.

It makes the athletic department look amateurish when a TV station is saying a decision has been made and you have Ringo openly speculating he may be fired in a few days, yet you are not hearing much from the AD. They need to work on their PR skills because they have actually managed to heighten the speculation instead of calming it.

It makes the athletic department look amateurish when a TV station is saying a decision has been made and you have Ringo openly speculating he may be fired in a few days, yet you are not hearing much from the AD. They need to work on their PR skills because they have actually managed to heighten the speculation instead of calming it.

Good post

Last edited:
just get it over with, already. they are useless. kick them out. let ceal barry be the interim hc for all i care. she couldn't do worse than chumpkins and the riddler.

Hey Walrus and Buffalo brad....

They did it... MY WAY
2ptdzlx.jpg

Your way, my ass. A whole bunch of posters wanted to see an announcement of termination, regardless of when it was to be enacted. Quit taking credit for this nonsense.

firedoorsign.gif
Your way, my ass. A whole bunch of posters wanted to see an announcement of termination, regardless of when it was to be enacted. Quit taking credit for this nonsense.

Hey you said "buffsyko's way" so you actually gave it legs :smile2:

Anyway, it was a false alarm.

syko and wally... into the thunder dome. 2 men enter. one man leaves. 2 men enter. one man leaves.

this is THE LAW!

:popcorn:

Back