What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Dinwiddie brings impressive résumé to CU Buffs basketball team

RSSBot

News Junkie
By Ryan Thorburn Camera Sports Writer

So far, the Spencer Dinwiddie story sounds a little bit like the Alec Burks story. Colorado gets an early commitment from a gifted but overlooked guard who grew up in the heart of conference rival territory.

Originally posted by Daily Camera
Click here to view the article.

Love hearing that Spencer's over 6'5" now. Very interesting that we're going to start him out on the wing to give us more of a scoring punch. Especially early in his career, that's a great way to do it. This way he won't have to run the entire show like he would from the point.

so is our plan, 2 big stiffs, 2 points and a bunch of guys 6'5" to 6'7" who are hard to gaurd?

I am so freakin' excited to see Dinwiddie. I LOVE big point guards, and if he can score as well...wow.

so is our plan, 2 big stiffs, 2 points and a bunch of guys 6'5" to 6'7" who are hard to gaurd?

Boyle knows that we need scoring and it's not going to come from Nate, Shane or Dre on a consistent basis. He's trying to find at least 2 reliable scoring threats from the 2 and the wing. I think that's all there is to it. We'll start seeing the offense Boyle really wants to run in 2013-14 when he'll have Shane as a senior, Dre as a junior, plus Scott & Gordon in their 2nd seasons in the post (and anyone else recruited for the frontcourt in 2013). Until then, he's being flexible and pretty much dealing with a hand he was dealt. He has also shown that he'd rather bring in an extra wing or combo guard who can play instead of a big guy who can't when forced to that choice.

6'5" PG? Are you kidding me? And Boyle sounds VERY confident about dinwiddie's abilities... this should be an interesting season.

Last edited:
I think Dre will be able to score. That guy has some major major upside and I'm not ready to give up on his offensive skills yet.

I think Dre will be able to score. That guy has some major major upside and I'm not ready to give up on his offensive skills yet.

I hope you're right. If he's someone who can break his guy down and get points off shots he creates for himself, our team gets real good in a hurry.

Back