What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

District 2 (Boulder)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
No Republican running, so it's a choice between Dems.

Option A: Callie Rennison LINK

She is endorsed by Linda Shoemaker. That's all we need to know to be certain that we don't want her on the BoR.

Option B: Dave Gross LINK

He is a financial economics professor at CU who is not endorsed by Linda Shoemaker. That's all we need to know to be certain that we prefer him on the BoR.

Last edited:
Two faculty members running to join Jack Kroll in violation the BoR conflict of interest policy. Yippee.

Two faculty members running to join Jack Kroll in violation the BoR conflict of interest policy. Yippee.
I really wonder why this is allowed.

Also, it seems that it's really hard to get anyone to run considering the few candidates we're seeing in any of these races. Makes question even more whether the BoR should even be a political thing tied to congressional districts. I'd much prefer the various stakeholders (e.g., faculty rep from each campus + various trustees) occupy those BoR seats. But it's the system we have despite such a pittance of the funding actually coming from tax dollars.

I really wonder why this is allowed.

Also, it seems that it's really hard to get anyone to run considering the few candidates we're seeing in any of these races. Makes question even more whether the BoR should even be a political thing tied to congressional districts. I'd much prefer the various stakeholders (e.g., faculty rep from each campus + various trustees) occupy those BoR seats. But it's the system we have despite such a pittance of the funding actually coming from tax dollars.

It is prohibited under the conflict of interest rules... Unless the BoR approves it, which they have done with Jack Kroll. He abstains from matters like a recent raise to the employees.

For me, the whole point of a board is to have independent people overseeing the university. If the board is just going to be stacked with employees, then what’s the point? Just form an internal committee and do whatever you want.

Here is the policy (2.A.2 is the passage where the approving vote of six members is required):

Last edited:
Rennison it is. Not even close.

I'm confident she'll be better than Shoemaker.

Back