What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Do our red-shirt athletes not dress/attend games?

absinthe

Ambitious but rubbish.
Club Member
Junta Member
I was thinking about this after I saw what could only have been one of our football players dressed in street clothes early on game day. I thought it was rather odd, but based on the numbers on the sidelines our red-****s are not down there on game day.

I have seen Dillon dressed on the sideline but maybe they are treating him different because they want him to experience more of the game feel.

They used to dress for home games. They wouldnt travel to the team hotel but they would dress. This was a couple of years ago though...

You've got to treat those guys like part of the team. They need to be invested. They need to be cheering. Redshirt year is tough enough without the coaches treating you like some random student on gamedays. Kind of sucks for the parents, too, if they travel here to the game only to see their son sitting in the bleachers.

You've got to treat those guys like part of the team. They need to be invested. They need to be cheering. Redshirt year is tough enough without the coaches treating you like some random student on gamedays. Kind of sucks for the parents, too, if they travel here to the game only to see their son sitting in the bleachers.

I know Barney was a huge believer in that, took the entire team on the road to NU in 2000 to get them in front of a hostile road environment. Seemed to work pretty well for the team the ensuing couple of years.

Back