What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Do you agree with CU's decision to bring back Talkins.

Do you agree with CU's decision to bring back Talkins.

• Total voters
There is absolutely nothing you can point to on the field this year that even remotely justified retaining him. In his fourth year, with three recruiting classes under his belt, they actually look worse then when he took over.

I have to think this decision came down to the off the field check boxes;

• Good Grades
  • A clean program
  • High graduation rate

Which shows you where winning is on the priority list. That is, it isn't on the list. What a joke our football program has become. Absolute joke.

Man if he gets to 6-6, I think its another extension for Talkins..
Which tells you exactly about the current state of this football program.:sad2:

What happened to 6-6 being a failure?

Its a damn shame whats been happening at this school in recent years, I'm not donating any more money until they fix things and get rid of this bullcrap coach.

Which tells you exactly about the current state of this football program.:sad2:

What happened to 6-6 being a failure?

Its a damn shame whats been happening at this school in recent years, I'm not donating any more money until they fix things and get rid of this bullcrap coach.

- The current state of the program is a joke.
- 6-6 is considered very adequate if not a mild success.
- Same here

Like I said yesterday, I don't agree with the decision, but now that it has been made I will support it. I will continue to support this team. I had confidence in this team but now I only have hope. As a former Commanding Officer once told me... Hope is not an approved course of action. I regret that is the only course of action we have left.:huh:

Here is to hoping that Bohn made the right decision and Hawkins proves us all wrong next year.

Go Buffs!

:yeahthat:

First, for anyone to say that the AD does not want to win is just ludicrous.

As for the record next year: I wonder if part of the "deal" sets in place a minimum number that Hawkins agreed to? In other words, if he does not win X number of games, he walks without the full buy out.

Even though, apparently, the money was there, I still believe the decision was mostly economic.

As for the record next year: I wonder if part of the "deal" sets in place a minimum number that Hawkins agreed to? In other words, if he does not win X number of games, he walks without the full buy out.

Even though, apparently, the money was there, I still believe the decision was mostly economic.

Not sure about a win guarantee, but I'm sure there will be changes. I'd be shocked if Bohn told him "Dan, you've got another year and don't worry about the wins, you're doing everything right".

Not sure about a win guarantee, but I'm sure there will be changes. I'd be shocked if Bohn told him "Dan, you've got another year and don't worry about the wins, you're doing everything right".
I'd have loved to have been a fly on the wall when Bohn and Hawkins had their meeting. I'd imagine Bohn informed Dan that he is on a very short leash. I'd also imagine that Dan was very contrite. I still believe that Hawkins had to make some sort of deal that saved his butt and the AD must believe the "deal" will benefit the program more than firing Hawkins would benefit it.

there us alot of things you can do aon those beautiful fall afternoons and watching CU football does not have to be one of them

worst damn decision as long as I can remember. another 3 or 4 win season, what idots we have at CU, that or they simply just do not give a crap about athletics. They really dont care, so why should we waste so much energy, effort, and time on a continuing losing program.

I dont know who is the answer to bring CU back to a top 25 program but I know it sure isnt the current HC, or the AD and chancellor for that matter.

So f-in disappointed.

Perhaps we all need to realize that Buff football is destined for mediocrity. Bohn and Destafadoosh have settled on that idea. Let's all jump on the bandwagon.

Why?

The AD released a laudatory press release making excuses for the fact that Hawkins has been a miserable failure as CU's head coach and praising the team for being "competitive." That's a fact.

When you get a steaming pile of crap like that is beyond clear that the administration does not care about winning. If they cared about winning they would not be retaining a proven loser as head coach.

Your fantasy about Hawkins agreeing to restructuring his contract, so that it costs the university less to fire when he fails (again) next season sounds wonderful. However, it is baseless speculation on your part and probably didn't happen.

Im ****ing one pissed off buffsfan this is total ****..why keep a head coach that is nothing but a natural born loser !! a jackoff on game day...

I'd have loved to have been a fly on the wall when Bohn and Hawkins had their meeting. I'd imagine Bohn informed Dan that he is on a very short leash. I'd also imagine that Dan was very contrite. I still believe that Hawkins had to make some sort of deal that saved his butt and the AD must believe the "deal" will benefit the program more than firing Hawkins would benefit it.

If there was any type of "deal" it will have to be approved by the Regents and will be a matter of public record.

My guess is that there was no deal, and there will be no changes.

They addressed it and talked about it today, and they have all the financial and other facts at their fingertips.

Truth be told, the decision to keep him being announced today helps the team deal with their last game this season.

But the actual decision to keep him through (at least) next year, well, I personally think it's a good decision for a few reasons, one being that we don't see a lot of high caliber coaches vying to be noticed for the CU job; not much of substance has come around, and those things do have a way of coming out in the open in these situations with coaches.

It appears he's the best Colorado can have right now, and no matter what we've seen over the past several seasons with him, do not rule out a great year next year.

I say...b.s.! No way. Hawkins was in the drivers seat once he pitched to DiStefano who didn't want to pay out his contract and the rest is, as they say, history.

Hawkins won because they are weak and they don't care and they think they are "above it all".

And because they are really stupid when it comes to football.

They addressed it and talked about it today, and they have all the financial and other facts at their fingertips.

Truth be told, the decision to keep him being announced today helps the team deal with their last game this season.

But the actual decision to keep him through (at least) next year, well, I personally think it's a good decision for a few reasons, one being that we don't see a lot of high caliber coaches vying to be noticed for the CU job; not much of substance has come around, and those things do have a way of coming out in the open in these situations with coaches.

It appears he's the best Colorado can have right now, and no matter what we've seen over the past several seasons with him, do not rule out a great year next year.

So 16-31 is the "best Colorado can have"??

That is complete and total horse**** and if you truly believe that you need to turn in your fan card immediately.

I'm very worried that whoever made this decision did not really look at the big picture. What if Bohn just asked a bunch of the big time donors if they would continue to donate with Hawk as coach then pleaded with them to do so? Those big time donors are awesome and very much needed, but that could mean the average fan was overlooked. The average fan that donates what they can and goes to games, buys stuff at the games, etc. Judging by the outrage on this board, that average fan is very displeased and will not be continuing their donations next year. It seems like a very possible scenario that this time next year, the stadium will be empty and the donations from average fans will no longer exist. Bohn may be underestimating the average fans' dislike for Hawk at this point. He might still be thinking we can squeeze another offseason of, "we're so close, ready to pop, clean up the little things, gotta get the right guys in here, etc."

Pure speculation on my part, just some observations.

So 16-31 is the "best Colorado can have"??

That is complete and total horse**** and if you truly believe that you need to turn in your fan card immediately.

You may not have noticed the "..right now.." in my post.

"It appears he's the best Colorado can have right now..."

Incidentally, my main "fan card" is red. But I do have a gold fan card around here somewhere as well. :wink2:

I'm very worried that whoever made this decision did not really look at the big picture. What if Bohn just asked a bunch of the big time donors if they would continue to donate with Hawk as coach then pleaded with them to do so? Those big time donors are awesome and very much needed, but that could mean the average fan was overlooked. The average fan that donates what they can and goes to games, buys stuff at the games, etc. Judging by the outrage on this board, that average fan is very displeased and will not be continuing their donations next year. It seems like a very possible scenario that this time next year, the stadium will be empty and the donations from average fans will no longer exist. Bohn may be underestimating the average fans' dislike for Hawk at this point. He might still be thinking we can squeeze another offseason of, "we're so close, ready to pop, clean up the little things, gotta get the right guys in here, etc."

Pure speculation on my part, just some observations.

No one is going to buy the 'we're so close' shtick. Fans are mad because we were peddled that last offseason, and we looked HORRIBLE for many games. No one likes to be duped... and the diehard CU fans are getting duped time and again

No one is going to buy the 'we're so close' shtick. Fans are mad because we were peddled that last offseason, and we looked HORRIBLE for many games. No one likes to be duped... and the diehard CU fans are getting duped time and again

My thoughts exactly, frankly I'm amazed the big time donors aren't also. I guess maybe they aren't upset to the point of having to use their donations to get rid of the coach or even double their donation to do so. I just hope Bohn realizes what he has done by letting Hawk stick around, all the talk of less ticket sales, less support, less merchandise, etc. It's all going to go downhill really quickly if we don't at least win 2 OOC games next year and compete against Cal and Georgia.

My thoughts exactly, frankly I'm amazed the big time donors aren't also. I guess maybe they aren't upset to the point of having to use their donations to get rid of the coach or even double their donation to do so. I just hope Bohn realizes what he has done by letting Hawk stick around, all the talk of less ticket sales, less support, less merchandise, etc. It's all going to go downhill really quickly if we don't at least win 2 OOC games next year and compete against Cal and Georgia.

The big time donors ARE pissed off. Where do you think Bohn came up with the $4 mil in private money?!? From people who are so pissed off they wanted to do something to effectuate change.

The big time donors ARE pissed off. Where do you think Bohn came up with the $4 mil in private money?!? From people who are so pissed off they wanted to do something to effectuate change.

Well if everyone Bohn talked to was so pissed off why the **** did he just give him another year?

If those big time donors said, "wait what Mike? You want to keep him around?"

I guess what you're trying to get at is that DiStefano just overruled Bohn and told him to ride it out because Hawk's players aren't thugs and awful students?

I voted yes because now that it is settled I fully support Coach Hawkins, he was given a reprieve let's see if he can pony up and do what he was hired to do. Go Buffs!!!!

The voters have spoken and we have heard that message loud and clear, and that message is, HOLY ****!!!!!!!!!! Sorry couldnt help myself, watching that right now. Pretty damn sad when alot of the voters in this poll that voted yes are Huskers. Im starting to think that playing well against Ok St. was a bad thing.

That´s Bohn´s head on the chopping block right next to the one of Talkins now. If this backfires, and I seriously don´t see why it won´t backfire, Bohn has to go together with Talkins.

To be fair to Bohn, a person I know that is somewhat close to what is going on has told me that Bohn wanted to fire him, he has been overruled, and what is happening is that they are going to replace Bohn, then let the new AD hire the new coach next year-- after the season. Only rumours that his contract will be renegotiated, but that was what I was told last night.

To be fair to Bohn, a person I know that is somewhat close to what is going on has told me that Bohn wanted to fire him, he has been overruled, and what is happening is that they are going to replace Bohn, then let the new AD hire the new coach next year-- after the season. Only rumours that his contract will be renegotiated, but that was what I was told last night.
So are you saying that tomorrow is Hawk's last game afterall? Or after the 2010 season?

Back