What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Does anyone know about the status of a new Ralphie running in 2021?

Ringer

I've done my due diligence with a medium-level google search, and cannot tell whether the Ralphie team has selected and trained a new replacement for the 2021 season. I totally get the challenges of getting a new 1200 pound animal ready to run, but was wondering if it will happen this season.

https://www.csh.rit.edu/~tommut/comedy/bubbrubbwoowoo.gif

I would guess that there's no way to simulate an actual crowd before running a new buffalo. That first run must produce some anxiety for the handlers.
Yeah, the lack of an even moderately small crowd at the spring game eliminated that at least kind of realistic practice possibility.

I would guess that there's no way to simulate an actual crowd before running a new buffalo. That first run must produce some anxiety for the handlers.
Agreed. But there always has to be a first time for each new Ralphie, and I hope it happens when I am in personal attendance at Folsom on September 3.

Yeah, the lack of an even moderately small crowd at the spring game eliminated that at least kind of realistic practice possibility.

I'd have done it anyway-I think UNC's going to draw if for no other reason than its going to be a return to Folsom for many of us and the opponent's a local FCS team.

In recent years past, prior to classes starting, they have filled the end zone with the incoming freshmen class for kind of a spirit rally with the cheer and dance squads, the band, and Ralphie running. Maybe that will happen for a warmup opportunity.

Back