What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Does ESPN College Game Day still come to Boulder for UofA game?

Losing SD obviously hurts but from an AZ fan's perspective CU is still better than most of the teams in the PAC 12 and a near lock to make the NCAAs. It's been a great homecourt recently and the games between AZ and CU recently have been intense and close. UCLA-Stanford may appeal more to East Coasters who don't know **** about West Coast Hoops but fact is both those schools may be unranked by the time that comes around and chances are CU and Arizona are still top 25 teams. I don't see a huge decline for you guys right now. Losing SD caps long term goals for this season but you can still finish top 4 in the PAC and earn a top 5-7 seed. Here's hoping your fans keep showing up... now and in the future. If you want a good program, it begins with fans filling seats every game of every year.
And oddly enough those east coasters matter when 25% of the country lives within 250 miles of NYC (I think that's the stat) and even moreso when the show begins at 10 AM EST (7 PM PST). Perception is huge here.

We've built a lot of ground in the past three years, as an alum who rarely saw a half-filled arena when I was there it's amazing. It's really something to see the complaints about it only being 3/4 filled for an OOC game, something that would've been by far the biggest crowd when I was there during this time frame aside from maybe Bzdelik's first game.

The relevant stat that I usually cite is that 17% of the US lives in the Boston/Washington megalopolis (I cited wikipedia, it must be true).

And oddly enough those east coasters matter when 25% of the country lives within 250 miles of NYC (I think that's the stat) and even moreso when the show begins at 10 AM EST (7 PM PST). Perception is huge here.

We've built a lot of ground in the past three years, as an alum who rarely saw a half-filled arena when I was there it's amazing. It's really something to see the complaints about it only being 3/4 filled for an OOC game, something that would've been by far the biggest crowd when I was there during this time frame aside from maybe Bzdelik's first game.

Bilas and Katz have been front and center for a long time pushing for Gameday to come to Boulder....I don't see that changing unless we go winless between now and then and that won't happen

Win tonight, get Gameday.

Lose tonight, hope that UCLA and Stanford drop some games and Zona is still #1.

I don't see how ESPN can pick anything over a game featuring the #1 team in the nation, unless UCLA and Stanford are somehow both ranked.

Win tonight, get Gameday.

Lose tonight, hope that UCLA and Stanford drop some games and Zona is still #1.

I don't see how ESPN can pick anything over a game featuring the #1 team in the nation, unless UCLA and Stanford are somehow both ranked.
Don't think winning or losing tonight will greatly impact this decision. I agree with your statement. If both those teams are ranked, the higher they are, the less likely GameDay happens.

While I still want GameDay to happen and all, I'm a lot more concerned about making the Tourney.

Back