What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Does it bother anyone that JE would not be a candidate for any of these openings?

all I know is that Embree has a job at the end of the season which is more than four other coaches in the PAC:12 can say.

Chuck Fairbanks is the poster boy for bad hires. The guy had everything you would want in a head coach - HC experience at a winning program, NFL HC experience, solid recruiting base, good assistants, big name, you name it. The fact that he was a miserable failure illustrates how difficult it is to hire the right guy. There's no formula that can be followed to guarantee success. It's a crap shoot in every regard. JE is the most un-heralded coach we've hired since... Bill McCartney.

Chuck Fairbanks is the poster boy for bad hires. The guy had everything you would want in a head coach - HC experience at a winning program, NFL HC experience, solid recruiting base, good assistants, big name, you name it. The fact that he was a miserable failure illustrates how difficult it is to hire the right guy. There's no formula that can be followed to guarantee success. It's a crap shoot in every regard. JE is the most un-heralded coach we've hired since... Bill McCartney.

Nah, I would say Neu working for a couple years under Mac is a little more un-heralded than Mac working under BO for many years. But I get your point

Nah, I would say Neu working for a couple years under Mac is a little more un-heralded than Mac working under BO for many years. But I get your point

At the time, the Weasel was the wonder boy. He was the hot name on everyone's short list thanks to Troy Aikman and Kordell. If CU hadn't hired him, someone else would have. Certainly he had very shallow resume, but I don't think he was "unheralded."

The win AT Utah gives me hope. Otherwise, I think I would pi$$ed that our gy would not even make a short list.

Need to win.

as I posted on Rivals, you are an inbred who needs to get a dog or hooker if you're so desparate for attention. Some of us are man enough to use our same handle on all the boards we post on. Are you Henderson or Kizla from the Denver suckass post? Only wat to describe you're pathetic excuse of a post.

as I posted on Rivals, you are an inbred who needs to get a dog or hooker if you're so desparate for attention. Some of us are man enough to use our same handle on all the boards we post on. Are you Henderson or Kizla from the Denver suckass post? Only wat to describe you're pathetic excuse of a post.

I though he IS stl/dog everywhere?

I though he IS stl/dog everywhere?

True.

The post is valid. We made a type of hire other BCS Programs will not make, IMO. It may turn out to be a home run...or 3 run triple.....but it is a different type of hire than other BCS athletic depts are willing to make. No need to rip the messenger. Take the emotion out and you may agree w me.

True.

The post is valid. We made a type of hire other BCS Programs will not make, IMO. It may turn out to be a home run...or 3 run triple.....but it is a different type of hire than other BCS athletic depts are willing to make. No need to rip the messenger. Take the emotion out and you may agree w me.

Here is the issue, my friend, this issue was discussed to its death a year ago. To bring it up immediately after we get the road losing streak off our back is kind of a WTF moment for us.

Here is the issue, my friend, this issue was discussed to its death a year ago. To bring it up immediately after we get the road losing streak off our back is kind of a WTF moment for us.

I am ecstatic we ended the road streak...and maybe you are right. I bring it up now BC we are about to have HUGE coaching turnover in our new conference and college football and I don't expect any athletic department making the type of move we did. That's why I feel it says more about MB than anyone.

I am ecstatic we ended the road streak...and maybe you are right. I bring it up now BC we are about to have HUGE coaching turnover in our new conference and college football and I don't expect any athletic department making the type of move we did. That's why I feel it says more about MB than anyone.

Your posts don't make any sense. MB is a terrible AD because he hired a coach you purport to like? Please explain.

Ok let me be succinct here, stl all this has already be rehashed adnauseum, use the search feature.

Now on to the general manner of your posting, your walk-the-line semi antagonistic posts won't fly here. Make no mistake very few people want you here, you were booted by a guy who a lot of us view as a climber with a ****** me first agenda when it comes to CU athletics. That is a hell of a black mark against you in many of our books. Now you can either choose to give up this rouse and be a reasonable contributor to this site or as in previous cases your login will simply stop working one day soon.

Just about every thread he's started has been one form or another of the same crap.

I obviously did not title this thread correctly, but Are you guys at all concerned that MB seems to be the only AD in the P12 not using the PAC12 $$$$$ to hire a big name, big $$$ coach?

I obviously did not title this thread correctly, but Are you guys at all concerned that MB seems to be the only AD in the P12 not using the PAC12 $$$$$ to hire a big name, big $$$ coach?
Odd, I thought this douchebag was warned. Ban stick, cometh.

I am very concerned MB did not use Pac-12 money that did not exist at the time he hired Embree.

Jesus Christ dude. It's not your opinions that suck, it's your relentless need to push them in the form of annoying questions.

Have you considered going away, at all?

Jesus Christ dude. It's not your opinions that suck, it's your relentless need to push them in the form of annoying questions.

Have you considered going away, at all?

At this point only the mods are to blame for this dip**** posting.

No but I am concerned why we don't have a facility upgrade for football in the works.

If only the mods could prevent posters from reading and responding to dog's posts...

Back