What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Does Oregon move up into contention for the NC game?

As stellar as the vaunted SEC D's are, Oregon is every bit as much off the charts on O.

I've not been impressed by SEC offenses in general this year, and I don't think it's a stretch to see Oregon put up 30 or more on Alabama. With the way Oregon's D has been playing the last few weeks, I don't really seeing 'Bama putting over 20 on them.

At any rate, if there was any way to see Oregon play 'Bama it would be a great game...
I will tell you where you are wrong. Arkansas. They put up 14 points on bama, which I think is the season high against them. What they do against LSU will be interesting. That hog O is legit and it got completely shut down. Oregon would have their hands full.

No question, but that doesn't mean that the second best team in the SEC is automatically better than the best team in the PAC.
Maybe in other years but Alabama would run any other conference right now except the SEC.

Leaving out 7 other tiebreakers that will all be ties-

The tied team with the highest ranking in the Bowl Championship Series Standings following the last weekend of regular-season games shall be the divisional representative in the SEC Championship Game, unless the second of the tied teams is ranked within five-or-fewer places of the highest ranked tied team. In this case, the head-to-head results of the top two ranked tied teams shall determine the representative in the SEC Championship Game.

More than likely-LSU.

The funny thing is that if Arky beats LSU and all 3 win all the rest of their games, all 3 of them would probably be within 5 spots of each other in the BCS rankings....

I wouldn't mind a rematch against LSU because I think one of the biggest differences is that Oregon has made huge strides since the last match up while LSU has not made many. I doubt it would happen and Oregon still has to beat USC which will be a tough match up.

SEC D is good against SEC o. Defenses don't win PAC 12 championships. Oregon is surging. If they playsed LSU today, different result.

No question, but that doesn't mean that the second best team in the SEC is automatically better than the best team in the PAC.

Bama is a missed FG away from being considered the best team in the SEC. Oregon did not belong on the field with LSU.

Bama is a missed FG away from being considered the best team in the SEC. Oregon did not belong on the field with LSU.

We know, in hypothetical land nobody beats your boys. You're literally thinking about this one exactly like tini, ponder that one for a minute.

I'd love to see Oregon in the discussion again. Seeing them up close, they're really, really good. Scary good. Freakishly fast. LaMichael James is sick. They just went into Stanford and beat up the probable Heisman Trophy winner. They're legit. It's ridiculous to judge any team based on what they did in week 1.

I like what nik said earlier, LSU shouldn't have to beat Bama or Oregon again, they already proved they're better than those two. Therefore, depending on who wins, they should play Okie State or Okie.

Is there any way we can get a Bama vs Oregon bowl game? I'd like to see that. I can't think of a scenario where we get that, unfortunately. I could settle for a Stanford v Bama game, but Stanford needs to locate some WRs that can get some separation.

Stanford has been relying too much on Andrew Luck, and it's starting to show. Their defense, while solid, is unspectacular. I don't see many weaknesses in Oregon's game. I can't say the same with Stanford.

I like what nik said earlier, LSU shouldn't have to beat Bama or Oregon again, they already proved they're better than those two. Therefore, depending on who wins, they should play Okie State or Okie.

Is there any way we can get a Bama vs Oregon bowl game? I'd like to see that. I can't think of a scenario where we get that, unfortunately. I could settle for a Stanford v Bama game, but Stanford needs to locate some WRs that can get some separation.

I wouldn't rule out a Stanford-Bama game assuming Stanford beats ND. I don't know the order of selection but Oregon will end up in the Rose and the Fiesta will probably be Houston against maybe the huskers if they don't lose in the Big 10 CG. But if the Huskers aren't the 2nd pick from the Big 10 then the Big 10 runner-up will likely end up in the Sugar against Bama.

At this point I'd guess something like:

NC Game: LSU vs. OSU
Orange: ACC vs. Big East
Sugar: Bama vs. Big 10 runner-up/Stanford
Fiesta: Stanford/Big 10 runner-up vs. Houston
Rose: Oregon vs. Big 10 champ

No, because OU is in a better conference than Oregon.

Really? You have your top 2 teams in each (OSU and OU) (UO and Stanford), I guess if we're saying OU and UO are equal, then you can say Okie State is slightly superior to Stanford at the moment. Their best wins are over A&M (not good) Texas (not good) and KSU. KSU has a nice record, but they remind me of Michigan State last year. Team keeps winning, but you just know they're not that good.

Beyond that, B12 has KSU and Baylor in the top 25. Baylor just eeked out a win vs Kansas..... not sure I need to add much here.

KSU beat Baylor by 1 and has a win over Miami (not good), then got steamrolled by Oklahoma and lost to OSU.

The next best P12 teams are USC and probably UW. I'll take USC all day long vs KSU or Baylor, and I wouldn't be surprised if UW beat both of them either. USC has ****** coaching, but talent on par with just about anyone in the country. UW has a pretty potent offense, but a pretty crappy defense.

Not sure how you can say the B12 is better than the P12 with no reservations. If anything, they're quite equal.

Big 12 is far ahead of the Pac-12 right now.

Pac-12 has 3 good teams, the rest are average to ******.

Oh and Kansas state is legit, damn good!

I see this is one of those arguments where bothering to include facts or opinions based on facts is overrated. Let me rephrase my earlier post.

P12 has UO, Stanford, and USC. B12 has OU, OSU, and KSU. USC runs over KSU, OU runs over Stanford, and UO runs over OSU. Therefore, P12 > B12.

I see this is one of those arguments where bothering to include facts or opinions based on facts is overrated. Let me rephrase my earlier post.

P12 has UO, Stanford, and USC. B12 has OU, OSU, and KSU. USC runs over KSU, OU runs over Stanford, and UO runs over OSU. Therefore, P12 > B12.

It's about more than top 3 teams in the conference. The Big 12 currently has 40% of their teams ranked in the AP, while the Pac has 25%. Beyond the 3 ranked teams the Pac also has UW and ASU which are pretty decent, while the Big 12 has UT, A&M, and Mizzou which are pretty decent. Clear win for the Big 12.

It's about more than top 3 teams in the conference. The Big 12 currently has 40% of their teams ranked in the AP, while the Pac has 25%. Beyond the 3 ranked teams the Pac also has UW and ASU which are pretty decent, while the Big 12 has UT, A&M, and Mizzou which are pretty decent. Clear win for the Big 12.

yep, this was my main argument as well. The Big 12 only has a couple teams that wont be bowl eligible. Just about half the Pac-12 shouldn't be bowl eligible, but they suck so bad some teams have to win and therefore get bowl eligible. Also, I think Okie state could beat Oregon. And I bet KSU could beat USC as well.

BCS Standings:

1. LSU
2. OSU
3. Bama
4. Oregon
5. OU
6. Arkansas
7. Clemson
8. VT
9. Stanford
10. Boise

How Boise is in the top 10 of the BCS standings over Houston is beyond me.

BCS Standings:

1. LSU
2. OSU
3. Bama
4. Oregon
5. OU
6. Arkansas
7. Clemson
8. VT
9. Stanford
10. Boise

Also, I believe that Stanford dropped more spots for losing to Oregon than BSU did for losing to a TCU team that was unranked heading into the game.

BCS Standings:

1. LSU
2. OSU
3. Bama
4. Oregon
5. OU
6. Arkansas
7. Clemson
8. VT
9. Stanford
10. Boise

Don't non-BCS teams have to be undefeated to make a BCS game though?

Back