What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Does Oregon move up into contention for the NC game?

They don't have to be, but it helps. It's all about the rankings. Boise could still get an at large bid which would be sad
All Houston has to do is not **** up and they'll get the bid over Boise. Specially since they still play a decent SMU, an always dangerous Tulsa and a most likely 11-1 Southern Miss. Should be enough to move past Boise.

BCS Standings:

1. LSU
2. OSU
3. Bama
4. Oregon
5. OU
6. Arkansas
7. Clemson
8. VT
9. Stanford
10. Boise

How Boise is in the top 10 of the BCS standings over Houston is beyond me.

Oregon´s problem might be that USC is a little underrated in the polls. Is a win over #2 OSU enough for Oklahoma to jump Oregon? Oregon has a better win than OU right now and a MUCH, MUCH better loss.

imagine LSU loses to the Hogs ...

I really want to see OSU and LSU both lose. It is always fun to see the BCS try to spin some bull**** about how their racket is better than playoffs.

Don't non-BCS teams have to be undefeated to make a BCS game though?

No, there is a set of requirements having a certain ranking in the BCS or having another ranking and finishing ahead of an AQ conference champion.

They should have to be considering the strenght of schedule issue but it isn't there.

Not seeing how Bama "should have" beaten LSU. If the LSU kid watches his feet, they get 6 easy on the "should have" been a TD run. Because Saban tries FGs at the edge of his kicker's range and gives up field position when he misses? Please explain.

Really? You have your top 2 teams in each (OSU and OU) (UO and Stanford), I guess if we're saying OU and UO are equal, then you can say Okie State is slightly superior to Stanford at the moment. Their best wins are over A&M (not good) Texas (not good) and KSU. KSU has a nice record, but they remind me of Michigan State last year. Team keeps winning, but you just know they're not that good.

Beyond that, B12 has KSU and Baylor in the top 25. Baylor just eeked out a win vs Kansas..... not sure I need to add much here.

KSU beat Baylor by 1 and has a win over Miami (not good), then got steamrolled by Oklahoma and lost to OSU.

The next best P12 teams are USC and probably UW. I'll take USC all day long vs KSU or Baylor, and I wouldn't be surprised if UW beat both of them either. USC has ****** coaching, but talent on par with just about anyone in the country. UW has a pretty potent offense, but a pretty crappy defense.

Not sure how you can say the B12 is better than the P12 with no reservations. If anything, they're quite equal.

Here's the unbiased ranking of Jeff Sagarin:

View attachment 7767

We know, in hypothetical land nobody beats your boys. You're literally thinking about this one exactly like tini, ponder that one for a minute.

Again-this is about the game against LSU: Alabama almost beat them and Oregon did not belong on the field with them.

I don't care about a rematch-OU/OSU winner should get shot at LSU. UA and OU have already had their shot.

2001, Colorado lost to Texas 41 -7 during the regular season, but beat them in the Conference Championship Game. An Oregon LSU rematch is compelling.

Honest question: Which team in the nation (outside of the SEC, you parochial ****, Charlie) has the best chance against the SEC Champion?

Not seeing how Bama "should have" beaten LSU. If the LSU kid watches his feet, they get 6 easy on the "should have" been a TD run. Because Saban tries FGs at the edge of his kicker's range and gives up field position when he misses? Please explain.

Let me state that 'what ifs' and 'stats wins' are for losers. FGs-44,50,49,(34),(46),52-make one of the first 3 (not really out of range) and the game is different. The 'TD' run was in OT and the game was essentially over at that point since Bama did not score. We missed. They won. Oh well. Watch LSU play for the MNC. It was not like LSU dominated us on the field we had more 1st downs and yards but none of the really matters except on internet chitchat message boards.

2001, Colorado lost to Texas 41 -7 during the regular season, but beat them in the Conference Championship Game. An Oregon LSU rematch is compelling.

Honest question: Which team in the nation (outside of the SEC, you parochial ****, Charlie) has the best chance against the SEC Champion?

OU/OSU deserves the game. LSU will be double digit favorites over either of them.

There is not a team in the CFA that will be a favorite to beat LSU in NOLA. I think UA is the only team and can play with them. They are going to beat the crap out of OSU.

Still not gonna answer my question? I'll repeat it:

Which team outside of the SEC has the best chance to beat LSU in your opinion.

I don't care who would be favored or not, and I don't care what you think of the OSU matchup, or the matchup with an SEC team--at least not in terms of this one question.

Still not gonna answer my question? I'll repeat it:

Which team outside of the SEC has the best chance to beat LSU in your opinion.

I don't care who would be favored or not, and I don't care what you think of the OSU matchup, or the matchup with an SEC team--at least not in terms of this one question.

Wisconsin.

Thank you.

Anybody else?

Michigan? I think you have to be a physical team that wants to run the ball. Passing teams like OU/OSU are going to get eaten up. Oregon would be a better matchup than either of those. And about Oregon they are not a physical running team like the SEC or B10 even though they put up the rushing yards.

yep, this was my main argument as well. The Big 12 only has a couple teams that wont be bowl eligible. Just about half the Pac-12 shouldn't be bowl eligible, but they suck so bad some teams have to win and therefore get bowl eligible. Also, I think Okie state could beat Oregon. And I bet KSU could beat USC as well.

That wasn't your main argument, your main argument was that the P12 only had 3 good teams, implying that the B12 had more than 3 good teams. OU, OSU, KSU? Let us not forget the almighty Baylor team that required a Dan Hawkins level meltdown on the part of Kansas to win that game.

Only a couple teams from the B12(10) won't be bowl eligible? P12 has: ASU, Cal, Oregon, Stanford, Utah, and Washington all already bowl eligible. That's 6 teams, which is already 60% of the B12. UCLA could become bowl eligible with a win over our Buffs (lets hope not) and USC would be bowl eligible if they weren't ineligible for a bowl. That's 7 or 8 teams. Considering KU isn't making a bowl and ISU is unlikely to make a bowl, it seems pretty even on that front, 8 teams. I suppose you could argue that the bottom of the B12 is superior to the P12, but the middle is pretty close. Head to head matchups are slim pickings, ASU beat MU, UT beat UCLA.

I just fail to see how the B12 has a clear advantage in this department.

And you'd bet KSU could beat USC? I'm not into betting, but I'll take that one.

Let me state that 'what ifs' and 'stats wins' are for losers. FGs-44,50,49,(34),(46),52-make one of the first 3 (not really out of range) and the game is different. The 'TD' run was in OT and the game was essentially over at that point since Bama did not score. We missed. They won. Oh well. Watch LSU play for the MNC. It was not like LSU dominated us on the field we had more 1st downs and yards but none of the really matters except on internet chitchat message boards.

This is a lot different than bama should have won, and is something I can completely agree with.

According to the non-biased computers it is.

The same non-biased computer program that spit out that a 5-5 Texas A&M team is the #9 team in the nation?

**** for Input = **** for Output

Anyone with basic computer skills could create a program that yields "5" as the answer to "2+2=". Doesn't mean the computer is right.

:lol: You really think the B12 is better than the SEC?

The same non-biased computer program that spit out that a 5-5 Texas A&M team is the #9 team in the nation?

**** for Input = **** for Output

Anyone with basic computer skills could create a program that yields "5" as the answer to "2+2=". Doesn't mean the computer is right.

No, but then I have also have human biases. The computer just looks at results, though, and not just at the top teams. Gotta just reject Nik's flippant response though - Jeff Sagarin isn't just any programmer. I've always thought his program among the most believable. The computers really provide the only unbiased way to evaluate something like this. It is all in the algorithm, though, but once upon a time no one thought computers could beat good human chess players, and now they beat the world champion.

Sounds like he has a lot of work to do on the algorithm. There's no way in hell that the B12 is better than the SEC. How the computer reached that conclusion is far beyond me, but no.

Sounds like he has a lot of work to do on the algorithm. There's no way in hell that the B12 is better than the SEC. How the computer reached that conclusion is far beyond me, but no.

Top to bottom the Big 12 is better but the top SEC are far better than the top Big 12 teams.

Pledge Allegiance to the Swag

Top to bottom the Big 12 is better but the top SEC are far better than the top Big 12 teams.

You're the king of saying stupid ****, but I didn't know you were capable of this. This is bigbang territory.

Ole Miss and Kentucky are terrible teams with bad OOC losses. A couple of bad OOC losses (BSU/UGA, UC/barn). gatas, vols, barners are very average. Top three are pretty good.

Back