1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The admins are aware of site instability throughout the day today. We have our crack technical staff checking it out, but it is probably the Russians. If you are having any specific issues, please post them to the Customer Service Support Forums and we will get to them in the next 24 to 48 weeks. Thank You

Does the 3-4 defense help us versus Ohio State?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Creebuzz, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Creebuzz

Creebuzz Club Member Club Member

Typically speaking, the 3-4 is supposed to be a run stuffing defense and more susceptible to a passing attack, especially on crossing routes. Now I didn't watch all of the OSU Miami game, but it seemed that their QBs couldn't hit the broadside of a barn. It seems like our ILBs could crowd the line and dare them to throw. The downside is that I worry that our three down linemen will get blown off the ball by a very good OSU line and our backers will be making tackles six yards down the field.

2. lawdogg

lawdogg Club Member Club Member

Hopefully at the least it will help with our recruiting. :thumbsup:

3. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

We still aren't running a true 3-4, although we are a lot closer to it then we were last year.... I'm excited to see what we do, cause in the only game against a more traditional attack (Cal) our D played ok against the run. And thats this ballgame in a nutshull. Gotta stop the run or we lose.

4. bigbang

bigbang Member

But CU runs a hybrid set. In running situations we tend to play more 43.