What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Does the Oregon State game determine the outlook of the season?

I think ASU rolls us, so not holding out hope for an upset there. Just not a good matchup for us IMO. OSU, Cal, USC, Utah, and potentially Zona could all be competitive games though. Winning three out of that group is a tall order, but hopefully it makes November more intriguing.

I've seen ASU in two games so far. Granted they were against Wisconsin and Stanford, but I saw a very sloppy team in both cases. Lots of dropped balls, poor tackling, etc.

I do beleive I was one of the few that said before the season that if things fall just right, and MM improves things quicker than expected.....we MIGHT have a tiny chance at a bottom feeder bowl game. I still think we are on track for that. Even so, 4 or 5 wins means more power for his staff to recruit for the 14 and 15 class. 6 wins and a bowl game..even a bowl game win.... could change things quickly for the '15 class. Perhaps sway a few bigger names into the '14 class.

I've seen ASU in two games so far. Granted they were against Wisconsin and Stanford, but I saw a very sloppy team in both cases. Lots of dropped balls, poor tackling, etc.

I'd love to think that we can exploit those weaknesses, but it was probably mostly because they were playing against much better players than we have at the moment.

I gotta say that a bowl game is asking for much. Let's take it slow and just be happy if we get a few wins and can put points on the board. I'm giving this guy a chance unlike Embree got from the fans. They're looking better, that's for sure!

I gotta say that a bowl game is asking for much. Let's take it slow and just be happy if we get a few wins and can put points on the board. I'm giving this guy a chance unlike Embree got from the fans. They're looking better, that's for sure!

Where did you get this idea? Fans welcomed him with open arms. He failed all on his own by orchestrating easily the worst season in Colorado history on the heels of a 3-10 season. Embree had a fair chance.

If we can get the Hawaii game and assuming that it is a win (which is a decent assumption) then we just need 3 in conference. I think Cal is a very good chance and USC and Utah decent as well. Funny things happen when you get teams into Folsom.

I'm about 93% sure that this is a joke.

But if not, I'll repeat my statement of a year ago. 2 years may not have been enough time to turn around the program. However, it was long enough to prove he wasn't the guy to turn around the program.

You're welcome to use that statement if you want, when dealing with others who make jokes similar to yours.

If we remain undefeated at the end of this week, would Pac-12 Net slot us a night game against the undefeated Ducks? #2 team, undefeated vs the surprisingly undefeated Buffs? Folsom would be rocking.

The only thing this will tell us is where this team is at and maybe start answering some questions.

1. How will this Buffs team respond on the road? Over the past 7 years CU has had 4 road wins - one reason we are so bad over that time period.
2. Can CU generate any offense outside of passing to Richardson?
3. Can we pressure the QB? Oregon State has hurting Oline which is one reason they have trouble running the ball but their passing game has put points on the board. Mannion is leading the nation in passing and is completing 71% of his passes. This could be a shoot out.

The only thing this will tell us is where this team is at and maybe start answering some questions.

1. How will this Buffs team respond on the road? Over the past 7 years CU has had 4 road wins - one reason we are so bad over that time period.
2. Can CU generate any offense outside of passing to Richardson?
3. Can we pressure the QB? Oregon State has hurting Oline which is one reason they have trouble running the ball but their passing game has put points on the board. Mannion is leading the nation in passing and is completing 71% of his passes. This could be a shoot out.

Why does everyone always say this? Obviously we're only two games in but Nelson Spruce is on pace for 966 yards receiving. Not to mention he had a solid year last year. The running game on the other hand...

Why does everyone always say this? Obviously we're only two games in but Nelson Spruce is on pace for 966 yards receiving. Not to mention he had a solid year last year. The running game on the other hand...

TMc has caught his fair share as well. The passing offense is pretty diverse. Obviously P-Rich has had the huge highlights, but he only gets that wide open on occasion because the defense is having to account for everyone else too. If they double P-Rich all the time, Connor has been tearing them up with the short to midrange underneath passes. If we had a run game, we would be a very dangerous offensive team.

Because Richardson has almost 60% of the passing reception yardage and the big plays( four of the six passing TDs). He has been the difference maker on offense. Do you see the CU winning either of the first two games without PRich? Maybe but it would be harder.

Because Richardson has almost 60% of the passing reception yardage and the big plays( four of the six passing TDs). He has been the difference maker on offense. Do you see the CU winning either of the first two games without PRich? Maybe but it would be harder.

I think there is no doubt that PRich is the biggest weapon on offense. I don't think he gets as wide open as he has unless the D is trying to worry about being killed underneath too. CSU and CArk knew about him. Knew what he meant to our offense, tried to take him away and failed.

Prich being amazing doesnt mean everyone else on offense sucks

Never said everyone else sucked, but who are the other difference makers on offense.

I think there is no doubt that PRich is the biggest weapon on offense. I don't think he gets as wide open as he has unless the D is trying to worry about being killed underneath too. CSU and CArk knew about him. Knew what he meant to our offense, tried to take him away and failed.

Don't you think we will see a little better coverage than those two teams.

Never said everyone else sucked, but who are the other difference makers on offense.

Don't you think we will see a little better coverage than those two teams.

I think we will for sure see better coverage than those two, but I think that PRich will still get his fair share because of how we distribute the ball underneath. Even if he is a decoy the whole game that takes two DB's out of the play.

I'd be willing to bet that one of the best WR's in the nation accounting for ~60% of the offense isn't too uncommon. You're sleeping too much on Scotty Jr., errr Spruce.

What is BlackNGold's definition of a "difference maker?" At this pace Spruce will exceed McKnight's highest receiving total (893 yards) by 73 yards, and only as a soph. I'm not sure what you expect. Full disclaimer: we're a pass happy offense and only two games into the season.

Corvalis is NOT an easy place to play regardless of OSU being up or down. it will be an orange out, probably raining and our first road game. The odds are definitley stacked against us. All that being said, they cannot run the ball, and we should be able to get some pressure on Mannion. I am hoping for a solid competitive game but a ton of things are going to have to go right for us to be in this at the end with a chance to win. I love our staff and I know we will be prepared unlike the last coaching staff who inspire zero confidence in their gameplan or their players. I cannot wait for this one. Noon kick off local time still gives me time to get to Husky stadium to preview Arizona. I love this time of the year!!!!!

Back