What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Draft steal game

Unleash Hell

Who are some of the bigger steals in the NFL draft past?

Joe Montana (3rd round) Terrell Davis (6th round) and Tom Brady (6th round) come to my mind.

Javon Walker - 1st round pick in 2001. Was robbed in Las Vegas in 2008.

Maurice Clarett - 3rd round pick in 2005. Was convicted of Robbery in 2006.

These are your all time Draft Steals!

Every NFL team picking after Al Davis in the last 5-7 years got someone who should have gone at least 1 spot higher.

Also as a 49er fan who has had to watch the Alex Smith train wreck the last 5 years, I have to say Aaron Rodgers was a steal for Green Bay even though he was a 1st round pick.

There are a lot of draft steals out there since there is always somebody who goes undrafted, makes a team and becomes an all-pro.

Off the top of my head, from Bronco's lore:
Karl Mecklenburg

Most notable undrafted I can think of:
Kurt Warner

Bart Starr 17th round pick HOF
Also Johnny Unitas but he didn't play for the team that drafted him.

Recent years with the draft cut to 7 rounds there are quite a few seventh rounders who are solid starters and even some pro bowlers.

Tyrone Braxton, 12th round almost the last pick in the draft, 12 year starter with superbowl rings.

Deacon Jones - 14th round
Rich "Tombstone" Jackson - undrafted FA

Had Tombstone had the surgical techniques available that they do now he would be a Hall of Famer. Guy could flat out rush the QB, he also threw some running backs down so hard that they danced to stay out of his area after.

Back