What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Driving out for corn game?

FlaBuff

Ugh.
Club Member
It may just be the booze, but I may drive the family out for the nebraska game. Airfare for the 4 of us would be $1300 plus rental car. The gas to drive out and back would be $450. yes, it would be 30 hrs. of driving, but I have the week off. prolly take 3 days out and 2 days back. could be just crazy enough to work. The big advantage is that if my team makes the playoffs and wins the 1st game nov. 20 I'd still be able to cancel the drive a lot easier than flights. Hotel may be another story. Tix would be sold.

But is the price difference worth your time and effort? Plus figure you'd probably be paying for 2 hotel rooms, 1 each way. :huh:

How could you possibly explain to your team that you scheduled flights during the playoffs? You have found the veritable rock and and hard place. :bang:

But is the price difference worth your time and effort? Plus figure you'd probably be paying for 2 hotel rooms, 1 each way. :huh:

I considered that, but with the play-off factor in the mix and also, and even with the hotel it would still save $1000 on the trip.

We drove to Waynesville N.C. this summer from Orlando and to Virginia Beach last summer(family reunion-not just a beach trip).

It may be too much, we may just junk it and fly out for the lambs. But the girls want to see snow, and they don't remember the trips we took to Boulder when they were little.

Back