What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ducks release on NCAA investigation

3, I think - can't remember if Jeff Cima was 2010 or 2011. But the other side of it is there were three or four others that were bubbleheads, but were relieved from shore commands.

I agree with Sacky, the NCAA is showing signs, at least, of getting serious. They are aware of the public perception that they are lackies for the name programs.
Oregon's problems are just a ripple in the pond next to Penn State, which is a full blown tidal wave. If the death penalty was ever deserved, Penn State fully deserves it.

Oregon's problems are just a ripple in the pond next to Penn State, which is a full blown tidal wave. If the death penalty was ever deserved, Penn State fully deserves it.

We're not really talking the NCAA kind anymore, are we?

I'm not certain that any NCAA rules were broken at Penn State. There were a ton of actual laws broken and the laws of basic human decency were trashed, but the NCAA doesn't concern itself with those kinds of rules.

By that logic, we should have gotten spanked hard by the NCAA but didn't. No NCAA rules were known to be broken in State College.

i'm not certain that any ncaa rules were broken at penn state. There were a ton of actual laws broken and the laws of basic human decency were trashed, but the ncaa doesn't concern itself with those kinds of rules.

^^^^^^
this

By that logic, we should have gotten spanked hard by the NCAA but didn't. No NCAA rules were known to be broken in State College.

As I recall, most of the sanctions against CU were self-imposed. It also involved recruits and recruiting parties. So, it makes sense that the NCAA was involved. While the PSU case involves a coach and the school showers, that's about the extent of the connection to anything NCAA. Honestly, I'm glad this isn't a case of the NCAA investigating since I'd prefer people go to jail rather than have to skip a bowl game or two.

I'm not certain that any NCAA rules were broken at Penn State. There were a ton of actual laws broken and the laws of basic human decency were trashed, but the NCAA doesn't concern itself with those kinds of rules.
So a football coach can use athletic department property like a shower to rape a child, the athletic department lies about it to the police, and the NCAA doesn't concern itself with the athletic department? Tim Curley, the athletic director has been charged with lying to the grand jury. The NCAA is not concerned with one of it's athletic directors lying to the grand jury? These are sick, perverted, heinous crimes committed by an athletic department employee on athletic department property, and using the athletic department to lure his victims. I can understand it if that creep took the child to his house and raped him, but in the athletic department? If this isn't a lack of institutional control WTF is?:bang:

Last edited:
The self imposed sanctions were what they were.

The penalty we got for training table violations were BS. Espescially compared with what happenned to blowhio state for the same violations.

Wrong. Quit trying to dilute your UBL'ing from yesterday. UBL's would be pointing out azbuff's innuendo. I'm just ignorant. That's different.

You're right about all of that, and I knew it when I posted it. I don't know how I live with myself.

ESPN reported today that 5 of the sexual attacks by Sandusky happened in the football facility at Penn State - now how in TF can the NCAA ignore that. This isn't a lack of control - WTF!

And still doesn't violate a single NCAA rule.

Really? Sundusky's on campus in the athletic department with their blessing, they have observed him commiting a heinous crime, and none of this violates NCAA rules? Pretty hard to think that lack of institutional control couldn't be applied if they wanted to.

Really? Sundusky's on campus in the athletic department with their blessing, they have observed him commiting a heinous crime, and none of this violates NCAA rules? Pretty hard to think that lack of institutional control couldn't be applied if they wanted to.
Penn State 's football revenue is one of the largest in college football. Just another reason why the NCAA is completely spineless. One thing is for sure, when that pervert goes to prison - he's a dead man. All the protective custody in the prison system won't be able to save his worthless life.

So a football coach can use athletic department property like a shower to rape a child, the athletic department lies about it to the police, and the NCAA doesn't concern itself with the athletic department? Tim Curley, the athletic director has been charged with lying to the grand jury. The NCAA is not concerned with one of it's athletic directors lying to the grand jury? These are sick, perverted, heinous crimes committed by an athletic department employee on athletic department property, and using the athletic department to lure his victims. I can understand it if that creep took the child to his house and raped him, but in the athletic department? If this isn't a lack of institutional control WTF is?:bang:

And it goes beyond this.

The investigation of this situation so far has shown that JoePa was the final authority on anything athletic related. He gave orders to admissions, he pulled his players out of the university discipline process, he had players who would have been suspended or expelled from school that recieved no discipline because he said so. When you are talking lack of institutional control this is a model case.

Beyond all that the NCAA is fundamentally a money generating and PR organization. With the new era of media they have not been able to sweep the dirt under the rug and continue on as in the past. The Auburn case and the tOSU case can be brushed off to a degree because outside of NCAA rules no laws were broken and nobody really got hurt, at least in general public perception.

In the Miami case you start looking at an extended pattern of illegal activity, hookers, underage drinking, drug use, etc. This one is more than a black eye for the NCAA, especially considering that Miami has a long history of behavior beyond the margins of the image the NCAA wants to project.

Pile on the PSU case and now the NCAA starts to feel the bruises. When it looks like to the general public that protecting a football program was more important than protection children from being raped and it continued for well over a decade then the NCAA can't deny the impact on their image and on the bottom line. When the images from the PSU bowl game that most of the country saw were empty seats and a Pedobear costumed protestor the NCAA can't ignore it.

At some point the NCAA is going to have to show that they care about the image of the product. Congress is already sticking it's nose into their business on the BCS issues. They have to take some strong steps to show that they can be an effective organization in the public eye. I think it is very possible that both Miami and PSU get nailed in a very heavy handed manner just so the NCAA can make claim to being in control.

At the same time coming off the U$C situation and in light of not being one of the old, established powers if I were in the Oregon administration I would be very worried as well. In the old days you could self-impose some sanctions, conduct an extended "investigation" and wait for things to go away. With Yahoo Sports, ESPN, countless bloggers and sites like this one the days of waiting for things to be forgotten are over.

And it goes beyond this.

The investigation of this situation so far has shown that JoePa was the final authority on anything athletic related. He gave orders to admissions, he pulled his players out of the university discipline process, he had players who would have been suspended or expelled from school that recieved no discipline because he said so. When you are talking lack of institutional control this is a model case.

Beyond all that the NCAA is fundamentally a money generating and PR organization. With the new era of media they have not been able to sweep the dirt under the rug and continue on as in the past. The Auburn case and the tOSU case can be brushed off to a degree because outside of NCAA rules no laws were broken and nobody really got hurt, at least in general public perception.

In the Miami case you start looking at an extended pattern of illegal activity, hookers, underage drinking, drug use, etc. This one is more than a black eye for the NCAA, especially considering that Miami has a long history of behavior beyond the margins of the image the NCAA wants to project.

Pile on the PSU case and now the NCAA starts to feel the bruises. When it looks like to the general public that protecting a football program was more important than protection children from being raped and it continued for well over a decade then the NCAA can't deny the impact on their image and on the bottom line. When the images from the PSU bowl game that most of the country saw were empty seats and a Pedobear costumed protestor the NCAA can't ignore it.

At some point the NCAA is going to have to show that they care about the image of the product. Congress is already sticking it's nose into their business on the BCS issues. They have to take some strong steps to show that they can be an effective organization in the public eye. I think it is very possible that both Miami and PSU get nailed in a very heavy handed manner just so the NCAA can make claim to being in control.

At the same time coming off the U$C situation and in light of not being one of the old, established powers if I were in the Oregon administration I would be very worried as well. In the old days you could self-impose some sanctions, conduct an extended "investigation" and wait for things to go away. With Yahoo Sports, ESPN, countless bloggers and sites like this one the days of waiting for things to be forgotten are over.

Also, the Miami situation was funded by a guy who ran a ponzi scheme. He stole money from people and spent it on drugs, hookers, player payments, and donations to the athletic department.

Also, the Miami situation was funded by a guy who ran a ponzi scheme. He stole money from people and spent it on drugs, hookers, player payments, and donations to the athletic department.
Hell, that's nothing compared to a pervert raping a small child at his job.

Joel Klatt was talking this morning about how a Miami player recieved a $500 cash bonus for making a big hit on him. If this can be proven it is even a bigger NCAA violation than some of the other stuff that is more illegal.

From a moral standpoint it doesn't come close to the PSU stuff which is simply stomach turning but from an NCAA enforcement standpoint you have to wonder if Miami isn't the next death penalty school, especially with their history of prior violations.

Back