What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Dustin Thomas has left the program

It was there for everyone to see freshman year. He was the least competant of the four freshmen that year, of which that class has been a disappointment and significantly responsible for 15-17.

Agree(except with the sp). But competency is a combination of learned skills and mental acuity, both of which can be taught and added to by maturity. No one doubts his athleticism or physical tools are D1.

Doesn't hurt anyone for him to RS. I'll give Tad benefit of the doubt on his RS. His schollie wouldn't have made a difference in last year's dumpster fire.

Dustin has a ton in his offensive toolbox. If he finds the right landing spot, he can be a 20 ppg college scorer. That wasn't going to happen in the Pac-12, especially with him being a liability in a man defense and him athletically being forced to the 4 rather than the 3.

Dustin has a ton in his offensive toolbox. If he finds the right landing spot, he can be a 20 ppg college scorer. That wasn't going to happen in the Pac-12, especially with him being a liability in a man defense and him athletically being forced to the 4 rather than the 3.

So the legend goes, but honestly, who has seen it? In games, he showed really small flashes. I find it hard to believe he's a 20 ppg D1 scorer at any landing spot. Maybe D2?

So the legend goes, but honestly, who has seen it? In games, he showed really small flashes. I find it hard to believe he's a 20 ppg D1 scorer at any landing spot. Maybe D2?
His ability to get to the rim is damn good, that will open up more point opportunities by putting him at the line more often. He can stroke the 3 ball, but played a position here that didn't really allow him to shoot from the perimeter. Dustin has a ton of offensive moves and can be a very good offensive player when it clicks.

Legend or fact Tini? His three point % here was poor. His ability to get to the rim was often interrupted by a whistle for traveling, a charge of other mishap.

We never saw any of this stuff did we? I saw glimpses so I'm not saying it's not possible but we didn't see nearly enough to suggest 20ppg in any offense.

We were so offensively challenged that I'd be pissed if he's really that good in a different system. Better but not 20 ppg.

We've seen some double-digit games and he's never been on the court for 30 minutes. I also don't know if we've seen him score twice in the same game using the same move. As I was saying, he's got a big toolbox. I think that if he ends up somewhere like the SWAC (say an Arkansas-Pine Bluff), he'd be the go-to guy on the team and he could score like that. The thing with Dustin, though, is that I don't know if he wants to be that kind of scorer. I think he sees himself as more of a Boris Diaw style point-forward who'd love to have a line of 12-6-6.

Legend or fact Tini? His three point % here was poor. His ability to get to the rim was often interrupted by a whistle for traveling, a charge of other mishap.

We never saw any of this stuff did we? I saw glimpses so I'm not saying it's not possible but we didn't see nearly enough to suggest 20ppg in any offense.

We were so offensively challenged that I'd be pissed if he's really that good in a different system. Better but not 20 ppg.

I don't think you actually watched him closely. He has a ton of moves. Dustin's issues were related to foul trouble, not lack offensive skills.

And you're just making things up by trying to claim he couldn't get to the rim without a traveling or charge. Straight making things up.

Last edited:
He was respected enough coming out of HS and played well enough with us to get a division 1 opportunity.

Keep in mind though that division 1 in basketball means something very different than in football. Football includes roughly 118 teams (taking off UAB.)

Division 1 college BB includes something like 360 teams. In basketball the Big Sky, the Missouri Valley, etc. are all considered D1. University of Denver, Northern Colorado are D1. Dustin isn't going to be in demand from major conference teams but he shouldn't have any problem getting opportunities with lower D1 teams.

We've seen some double-digit games and he's never been on the court for 30 minutes. I also don't know if we've seen him score twice in the same game using the same move. As I was saying, he's got a big toolbox. I think that if he ends up somewhere like the SWAC (say an Arkansas-Pine Bluff), he'd be the go-to guy on the team and he could score like that. The thing with Dustin, though, is that I don't know if he wants to be that kind of scorer. I think he sees himself as more of a Boris Diaw style point-forward who'd love to have a line of 12-6-6.

OK - I'd agree with that. Ark-Pine Bluff is a big step down from where I think he's more likely to end up.

well I think he shocked a couple of people based on where he ended up. Good luck to him.

Back