What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Dustin Thomas - holy ****!

Ricardo Ledo, Chicken Knowles, Elijah Macon (went juco), Anthony January (believe there was something amiss about his recruitment), Torian Graham (never signed), Terry Rozier (prep school), Demarquise Johnson (don't believe he qualified), Jordan Burgess, Darrick Wood, Kenny Kaminski (injured), Jaron Blossomgame, Wanaah Bail, Anthony Cortesia, Tevin Glass (never signed), Sherron Dorsey-Walker, Ron Patterson, Myles Davis, Zach Peters, Jerron Wilbut, Demetris Morant, Chad Rykhoek, Sam Cassell, Carlos Morris (never signed)...... That's the 23 guys from the Rivals 150 last year that didn't play at all. Some of them I have the reason they didn't play, and the rest I didn't feel like looking for if they redshirted. FWIW, a ton of the guys who didn't play in ever game and many averaged less than 3-4 minutes, so yeah, guys don't redshirt often even if they're looking at playing less than 3 minutes a game. For some reason I can't tab or hit return to break up my posts, so sorry for the format.

Thanks for posting that Med. Virtually all of these guys were academic casualties. Blossomgame and Peters had injury issues. Wilbur went the prep route and was recently arrested on robbery charges. The only two that appear to have been a true redshirt were Dorsey-Walker and Morant.

Also, it appears Bail is headed to UCLA after missing a year due to academics or a conflict with Gillespie.

Thanks for posting that Med. Virtually all of these guys were academic casualties. Blossomgame and Peters had injury issues. Wilbur went the prep route and was recently arrested on robbery charges. The only two that appear to have been a true redshirt were Dorsey-Walker and Morant.

Also, it appears Bail is headed to UCLA after missing a year due to academics or a conflict with Gillespie.
It looks like Rykhoek may have been a traditional redshirt too. 3 out of 150. That's a pretty rare occurrence in my book.

Agreed. This kid is a perfect pick up. Not only is he a Top-150 kid from Texas, he is a Austin Default type Forward. He will be perfect for stretching the D. Plus they said he is a great 3 point shooter.

That would be terrific if he is like Dufault, the guy from Killdeer. Now if he can rebound as well...

That would be terrific if he is like Dufault, the guy from Killdeer. Now if he can rebound as well...

I think Dustin averaged double figure boards in HS, so hope that tranfers somewhat while he's in the black and gold.

I really liked how Dufaults game blossomed during his career, and how he turned into a solid player (playing out of position no doubt). I think there is major upside for Dustin judging by his HS film, which shows a nice skill set. I see Dustin being a little more diverse than Dufault because of Dustin's ball handling and ability to put it on the floor and slash.

I think Dustin averaged double figure boards in HS, so hope that tranfers somewhat while he's in the black and gold.

I really liked how Dufaults game blossomed during his career, and how he turned into a solid player (playing out of position no doubt). I think there is major upside for Dustin judging by his HS film, which shows a nice skill set. I see Dustin being a little more diverse than Dufault because of Dustin's ball handling and ability to put it on the floor and slash.

wasn't Dufault a SG in high school?

I think he's a lot more athletic than Dufault, quicker, faster, plays longer. He will not be redshirting. The only question is if he starts or comes off the bench.

For the record, Austin D played point guard for his Dad in North Dakota.

Back