What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

E-Mail The Regents Unless Calhoun Is Who You Want As Head Coach

HAHA Bohn on 9news right now says "but there are so many great candidates right here in the area."

uh-oh

lol

Bohn did just say on 9news that "there are many great candidates in the local area" when asked about Mac. Could be laying the groundwork.

No matter which way you slice that (Calhoun, Mac, Logan), I don't really like the sound of it. Nothing against Mac, but who gives a **** if the candidates are in the local area?? That's not even a good way to think about the candidates...

Hey guys, just wanted to drop in...

080730-f-0558k-003.jpg

His hair is wierd.

breaking news

[video=youtube;DMSHvgaUWc8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMSHvgaUWc8[/video]

Bohn did just say on 9news that "there are many great candidates in the local area" when asked about Mac. Could be laying the groundwork.

He was asked about Mac. Other candidates known to be interested include Logan, Cabral and Calhoun. Why is anyone reading this as anything more than a political comment? He didn't want to slight anyone, he wanted to compliment Mac by referring to him as a great candidate, and he didn't want the interview to zero in on anyone in particular.

Maybe he was laying the groundwork for something. But it's a lot more likely he was really saying "no comment" in a very political and nice way.

This is why you don't run out and scratch Mikey Bohner a check. If you want to help the program send him a calling card because it's obvious he can't call out of state.

He was asked about Mac. Other candidates known to be interested include Logan, Cabral and Calhoun. Why is anyone reading this as anything more than a political comment? He didn't want to slight anyone, he wanted to compliment Mac by referring to him as a great candidate, and he didn't want the interview to zero in on anyone in particular.

Maybe he was laying the groundwork for something. But it's a lot more likely he was really saying "no comment" in a very political and nice way.

This is why you don't run out and scratch Mikey Bohner a check. If you want to help the program send him a calling card because it's obvious he can't call out of state.
read whats above you...

if calhoun becomes our new head coach, i'm no longer a cu fan. in fact, i'm no longer a cu alum. i will mail them my diploma after tearing it into two pieces​

Strange, then, how it is almost a verbatim regurgitation of what I've read on his site over the past several days. Amazing coincidence. You and AZ must have the same sources. Maybe you should start a site and charge for your scoop? I bet if you undercut him by charging $4 a month that you'd steal all his business.

ok, ok ... here's the deal

the info I got last night was from 'Sly' while in chat on AZ's site-
AZ is hated over here so much I was letting people know the info relayed was not directly from AZ himself-

I probably shouldn't of brought it over here but 'Sly' emphasized over and over that it's important to shower the Regents ..NOT Bohn, Benson & DiStef with e-mails.
To me info from last night's chat as well as other places within the last several days points to Calhoun. Posters here can take it FWIW but dropping the Regents a simple e-mail letting them know who you support as the next HC wouldn't be a bad thing. A poster in chat said he found out that one regent has said he is having his secretary tally the amount of votes that CU fans vote for each potential head coach to get the fans' favorite candidate. The results will be announced at an upcoming regents meeting.

For those that don't know. 'Sly' tends to have a pulse on what's cooking up on campus more times than not.
My apologies to AZ and Sly. I should have kept the info over at buffscoop but thought that this info leak may be best for the future of Colorado football.

Last edited:
I turly hope CU can attract a better candidate than Calhoun...I will be hugely underwhelmed with another I-25 hire...

ok, ok ... here's the deal

the info I got last night was from 'Sly' while in chat on AZ's site-
AZ is hated over here so much I was letting people know the info relayed was not directly from AZ himself-

I probably shouldn't of brought it over here but 'Sly' emphasized over and over that it's important to shower the Regents ..NOT Bohn, Benson & DiStef with e-mails.
To me info from last night's chat as well as other places within the last several days points to Calhoun. Posters here can take it FWIW but dropping the Regents a simple e-mail letting them know who you support as the next HC wouldn't be a bad thing. A poster in chat said he found out that one regent has said he is having his secretary tally the amount of votes that CU fans vote for each potential head coach to get the fans' favorite candidate. The results will be announced at an upcoming regents meeting.

For those that don't know. 'Sly' tends to have a pulse on what's cooking up on campus more times than not.
My apologies to AZ and Sly. I should have kept the info over at buffscoop but thought that this info leak may be best for the future of Colorado football.

"Sly" has also posted scoop very recently that Benson does not trust Bohn to make this hire and that Bohn will have very little say in it. Also, he recently posted scoop that Bohn was trying to sell McElwain to boosters. So which is it? And why should I go into a panic because last night Sly said that Bohn is leaning toward hiring Calhoun?

ITB - What exactly has Sly ever scooped that turned out to be true? I know he posts about once or twice a week to tell everyone that he's got some inside info, but has any of it ever panned out? Also, he's incredibly biased toward wanting Mac hired and he absolutely hates Bohn. Got to read his posts through that lens. Finally, do you know him personally? Do you know for a fact that he's not just one of AZ's dummy accounts?

Personally have very serious issues taking "scoop", using that term very lightly, and posting it on a free board as "fact". Very disturbing IMO. Especially when considering the source.

Last edited:
A poster in chat said he found out that one regent has said he is having his secretary tally the amount of votes that CU fans vote for each potential head coach to get the fans' favorite candidate. The results will be announced at an upcoming regents meeting.
So we get to pick the next football coach? Sweet!

Wait a minute...why didn't you ask us to vote for a coach in our email? Shenanigans!

It's not too late. Bohn is too worried about saving his ass so he's looking for the 'safe' white guy pick-

This is a serious ****ing allegation and one that should not be made without any evidence backing it up.

This is a serious ****ing allegation and one that should not be made without any evidence backing it up.

I am with 96 on this, there is zero evidence to substantiate this as a rumor and in very PC Boulder I'd imagine a small wiff of that actually being true and Bohn would be gone. If we don't want Calhoun and want to campaign as such please feel free to do so; but dont take "facts" from someone's internet smear campaign and use them to attempt to block a hire by impugning someones reputation.

ITB - What exactly has Sly ever scooped that turned out to be true? I know he posts about once or twice a week to tell everyone that he's got some inside info, but has any of it ever panned out? Also, he's incredibly biased toward wanting Mac hired and he absolutely hates Bohn. Got to read his posts through that lens. Finally, do you know him personally? Do you know for a fact that he's not just one of AZ's dummy accounts?
LMAO. Having never joined that site, who are the other posters/personas? Scoopster? TheTruth? DeepInsideDal? AgentMichaelScarn?

How about we save the Regents some "tallying of votes time" and send them a link to the poll that was literally 1 yes & 150 no's for Calhoun?

Is Sly African American? I swear every other post / comment he makes is about race and how the AD only wants to hire white coaches.

Paraphrasing Dan Patrick from Friday, maybe some one should tell sly that not every deck needs a race card.

Paraphrasing Dan Patrick from Friday, maybe some one should tell sly that not every deck needs a race card.

I didn't mean to imply that anyone was racist. I just note that he seems to point out his idea that Bohn only wants a white coach in almost every post / comment he makes.

I didn't mean to imply that anyone was racist. I just note that he seems to point out his idea that Bohn only wants a white coach in almost every post / comment he makes.

It should be noted I wasnt implying he was either, I thought it was a succinct comment about how often it gets played in times like this, usually by people who arent racist but think it is a way for them to get what they want.

Back