What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

E-mailed Football survey to season ticket holders

I'm happy to send an email - but don't hold your breath. There is a lot of entrenched personnel in our AD, and lots of these folks have worked through and contributed to our downfall. These folks like to protect their fiefdom, and as such, there are walls and old ways of doing things that don't come down easily - especially when there is no pressure from the top to change things.

He asked the school to waive the loan to the AD.

Can somebody tell me what, exactly, Rick George has done that is better than what we had with Mike Bohn?
The power structure is now on record saying no.

Next he should ask them to allow a new standard on academic transfers for red shirts. (Juco's)

Then he should ask them formally for scholarship athletes to recieve in state tuition after their first year on campus.

All baby steps, but all things that they should have to give a formal public positons explaining why they are against.

I'm not invested in him. I want him to suceed the way I wanted Embree and Hawk to Suceed. I do not know why he hasn't held a press conference or even given a press release with a top 10 list of goals and opportunities for the AD. It's time and right now all we have to do is get angry about the blow outs.

The power structure is now on record saying no.

Next he should ask them to allow a new standard on academic transfers for red shirts. (Juco's)

Then he should ask them formally for scholarship athletes to recieve in state tuition after their first year on campus.

All baby steps, but all things that they should have to give a formal public positons explaining why they are against.

I'm not invested in him. I want him to suceed the way I wanted Embree and Hawk to Suceed. I do not know why he hasn't held a press conference or even given a press release with a top 10 list of goals and opportunities for the AD. It's time and right now all we have to do is get angry about the blow outs.
Because he is taking 90 days to completely observe the AD and the school, identify the issues within, and then establish goals to fix those issues.

I noticed a cop taking pictures of the Allbuffs Sackgate - watched him take pics of the 'booze table' but he never came over and said anything. I'm thinking his job was to report back to somebody showing evidence of all the booze at tailgates. Something is brewing I believe and I bet it's not good.

The cop came up to me and told me no alcohol allowed at the tailgates. We had no visible alcohol but we did have Beer bottles covered in Kozies. I just said okay and he left like his heart was not in it. The guys next to us had a table of booze and they told him the same thing but did not do anything to make him put it away.

The cop came up to me and told me no alcohol allowed at the tailgates. We had no visible alcohol but we did have Beer bottles covered in Kozies. I just said okay and he left like his heart was not in it. The guys next to us had a table of booze and they told him the same thing but did not do anything to make him put it away.

next thing they will tell you to stop having fun. Our fans can't have fun outside the stadium anymore, they have killed the inside the stadium atmosphere a long time ago.

How about a 420 style event before the Cal game?

You mean depositing a nasty fish smelling fertilizer around the tail gating areas the Friday before the next home game? Brilliant.

Were you at the Business School Field, per chance? The cops came around & told us it is an intermural field owned by the Rec Center and there is no booze allowed. We've been tailgating there for 7+ years so we kind of fought back. Then he pointed over to the grass in front of the business school lot and said, "All we are asking is to move 20 feet that direction". He was really nice about it - it didn't change anything this time around but we'll probably move over in the future. Of course, after we left, we went off about how they let 10,000 Georgia Fans set up a tailgate on this exact field just 3 years ago but for the 20+ Buff fans drinking a few beers, we get a warning.

I find this whole thread, like CU football, very depressing.

This thread is depressing. It seems to me and most here that solution is simple. Just give us a goal to meet. Throwing money to the AD who has done nothing to deserve a trusting fan base, won't happen. But given a clear goal and a way to measure progress, I think the buff fan base would get it done.

This thread is depressing. It seems to me and most here that solution is simple. Just give us a goal to meet. Throwing money to the AD who has done nothing to deserve a trusting fan base, won't happen. But given a clear goal and a way to measure progress, I think the buff fan base would get it done.

Uhhhh... how about you wait the 90 days.

RG- "After 90 days on the job I will release a plan for the future of the AD"
CU fans after ~70 days- "Why have we not heard anything from the AD????/!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

CU fans after ~70 days- "Why have we not heard anything from the AD????/!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
understand., but when the natives grow restless, he needs to address.

I think 90 days has past.

Uhhhh... how about you wait the 90 days.

although barely.

I live in a state where you can only buy booze at a state store and restaurants have to have a curtain so children are not exposed to the evils of alcohol being poured into a glass. I have been to tail gates at BYU and Utah and have seen tailgaters drinking. Only in Boulder can things be so backwards as to have this part of the ritual attacked. Do you hear me Benson! Even in Utah where the laws are one step from Prohibition, they don't pull this stuff. If you have faculty that are complaining about consumption tell them to grow up. You can arrest the drunks if they are doing something stupid, or you can evict people if it turns into a high school kegger, but don't hassle the families barbequing in the lots. I just can't fathom the thought process.

Football is an event to be shared with a fun tailgate and a beautiful fall day in Folsome. Get you campus jack boots to go back to ticketing the kids on bikes and skate boards and leave the adults in your lots alone!! (yes I still have resentment about a friends ticket on his bike)

I'm not questioning his counting, I'm questioning his decision to essentially go dark for 90 days while attendance plummets and fans get restless.

I'm not questioning his counting, I'm questioning his decision to essentially go dark for 90 days while attendance plummets and fans get restless.

i know he just moved out of his house in Colleyville last week. Maybe he has been busy.

I would like to see the responses they get from fans. Several years ago Bohn said if you took the survey you would get priority points added to you account. I took the survey and never saw the points.

Agreed seeing the data released and then an action plan would be a good step for me.

Good thread. Just out of long term habit, I guess I limit my interactions with CU/Folsom on game day, not out of any plan to do so but just because of I've kind of evolved out of interacting with CU. I park for free on the hill in the residential neighborhood in the Beach Park area. I eat and drink at a restaurant before the game. I have a good seat on the east side of the stadium and enjoy the game. I generally don't buy their food because I don't arrive hungry. The restrooms are what I'd imagine restrooms in a Bulgarian library to look like, but having never known anything different at Folsom they don't bother me.

My expectations are dialed pretty low on this stuff. The difference between Coors Field/Rockies and Folsom/Buffs is that the Rockies are a big business run by serious adults and the Buffs are seen by CU as a necessary evil by the "educators", foisted upon their public institution, always a distraction and a potential liability. After the pseudo-scandal, I think the football program just scares the hell out of them.

I wouldn't blame him if he was spending his time looking for a new job.

It is way too early to start hounding this man. It is just difficult for us fans to sit by and watch this program sink ever farther into the abyss. Every year for the last decade we have wondered if we have hit rock bottom. I'm starting to think there is no such thing.

You serious Clark? The man hasn't even been on the job for 90 days and is getting paid a massive salary to fix a mess that he was fully aware, and you wouldn't mind if he was wasting everybody's time and money by looking for a new job, making the CUAD even more of a massive sinkhole?

understand., but when the natives grow restless, he needs to address.

Bull****. The natives were restless on day one. I hope we have domeone with a vision and a backbone. He says 90 days, he sticks to 90 days, no matter what the 'natives' think.

I am offended by the term "natives". You should all go to sensitivity training.....

Why do people care so much about where they go sh`t/piss? That should be at the bottom of the priority list for renovations. Plus I've never thought they were that bad

I still can't believe they make the women folk pee in a trough too.

Here is a great example of Bohn's facility enhancements. He was in the midst of funding recyclable paper conical cups with holes cut at the point in order to enhance the female fan's trough experience at Folsom. Unfortunately, the DiStefano led committee was still debating approval for this $500 budget item because they felt the findings of the $200k feasibility study were inconclusive. It is rumored that Rick George favors also providing recyclable sanitary wipes and this curveball has us back to square one with calls for a new study. It could be years before the committee decides what firm should conduct the feasibility analysis.

Back