What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

E-tickets for CU home games.

Being sort of an old guy, I liked paper tickets. But I am embracing the prevailing technology for distributing them. Recent Examples: (1) My ticket for the opening game vs. Bears at Folsom is in my Apple Wallet. Done. (2) My friend who has 4 season seats at Sofi yesterday asked me if I could take them off his hands for free at tomorrow's Chargers vs. 49ers preseason game. I said sure, and he sent them electronically. I forwarded two of them to my daughter and her guy, and they will meet us there. There is no such thing as "Will Call" anymore.

Can one of you apple people explain the wallet deal?

Specificly, how is having a ticket in one's apple wallet easier or more convenient than having a PDF download to phone or even attached to an email?

Can one of you apple people explain the wallet deal?

Specificly, how is having a ticket in one's apple wallet easier or more convenient than having a PDF download to phone or even attached to an email?
Because the wallet stores it all in one place. If you have a pdf downloaded or an email, then you have to go through your other PDF's and find it. If you forget to label one or don't have any labeled, it can take time. Same with email, you have to make sure you pull up the right email.

With the wallet, you can visually see each "ticket" or whatever it is right in the app without having to click into a document. They are all there visibly and you can just scroll. It's not like it's a huge gamechanger but it makes it more quickly accessible. It also auto-brightens your phone screen all the way up when you pull up a ticket because they scan better that way. Then the brightness goes back to normal after you exit the app.

Did anyone else receive a shipment notification from UPS for a package from CU? I didn't order anything. Unless the parking permits are still hard copies.

Did anyone else receive a shipment notification from UPS for a package from CU? I didn't order anything. Unless the parking permits are still hard copies.

I received my parking passes via UPS, except for the ATM game at Mile High...are those coming under separate distribution, or are they included in the e-ticket package? 🤔

Because the wallet stores it all in one place. If you have a pdf downloaded or an email, then you have to go through your other PDF's and find it. If you forget to label one or don't have any labeled, it can take time. Same with email, you have to make sure you pull up the right email.

With the wallet, you can visually see each "ticket" or whatever it is right in the app without having to click into a document. They are all there visibly and you can just scroll. It's not like it's a huge gamechanger but it makes it more quickly accessible. It also auto-brightens your phone screen all the way up when you pull up a ticket because they scan better that way. Then the brightness goes back to normal after you exit the app.
One other benefit of using the wallet is you don't have to load anything if the service is bad like it often is at Folsom on gameday. They're already preloaded on there. Great for boarding passes too.

I received my parking passes via UPS, except for the ATM game at Mile High...are those coming under separate distribution, or are they included in the e-ticket package? 🤔
I found my A&M game parking pass as a QR code in Ticketmaster, along with the tickets.

I have 5 tickets for each game. Anyone know if it's necessary to have each of my group's tickets saved on separate phones? Would prefer to just keep them all on my phone rather than go through transferring them, if allowed. Particularly concerned about the Mile High game.

I found my A&M game parking pass as a QR code in Ticketmaster, along with the tickets.

I have 5 tickets for each game. Anyone know if it's necessary to have each of my group's tickets saved on separate phones? Would prefer to just keep them all on my phone rather than go through transferring them, if allowed. Particularly concerned about the Mile High game.
I've never seen or heard of a ticket policy where each ticket had to be on a separate phone. Ticketbastards are administering this game, and I'd be shocked if they decided to implement a strange policy like that out of the blue.

So my Parking Pass for aTm is not transferable? I'm not going to the game and want to give it to him to use (along with my tickets) and I can't do that? WTF?

You can only pull it up in the app and it doesn't allow screenshots. It's a QR code. If I save it to my wallet, is this something I can transfer there? I paid for it, it mine!

So my Parking Pass for aTm is not transferable? I'm not going to the game and want to give it to him to use (along with my tickets) and I can't do that? WTF?

You can only pull it up in the app and it doesn't allow screenshots. It's a QR code. If I save it to my wallet, is this something I can transfer there? I paid for it, it mine!
I've never used an app that blocked the screenshot function before. That's new to me.

Maybe pull up the QR code and take a pic if your screen with another camera? Can then test that image to confirm a QR reader will still interpret it correctly.

Tried that method just now. QR reader cannot find anything, which might mean that it's just not a registered QR code (i.e. it's only in ticketmasters database).

The need to deal with Ticketmaster was a contributing factor into my decision to avoid this game altogether. **** Ticketmaster. And Vivid Seats. And basically every ticket middleman. They add zero value.

Ticketing needs to "Shopify" the process where stadiums, or programs, can essentially do the same function for a much, much smaller fee. This isn't rocket-science given what paypal, Square, Shopify, etc are doing with apps. Talk about an industry ripe for disruption!

maybe not applicable to CU home games, but another factor in the decline of private party parking lot ticket re-sales is the "insurance" being offered for many events. A lot of people are paying the premium for that guarantee up front so they won't have to bother scalping their extra tickets if plans change.

I don't blame the major ticket outlets for doing this, but its another example of big corps grabbing a piece of the margin that used to go to private parties, and the impact is that the secondary ticket market is a lot harder to work for great deals than it used to be.

Back