What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Early look at 2017-18 rosters changes in Pac-12

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
http://www.buffzone.com/mensbasketball/ci_30922356/pac-12-basketball-already-destined-new-look-2017

Arizona looks like the clear leader with UCLA being right there if its freshman class is as advertised.

USC should be excellent and teams like Stanford and Oregon State should be improved.

Washington is a mess and Cal has lost a ton. Wazzu doesn't look like it has enough, but it won't take much to be better. ASU should be better, maybe good. Utah needs to figure out its back court and has big question marks. Oregon should take a big step back but is likely still a good team. And our Buffs are a ton of question marks.

Late recruiting is going to make a huge difference this year for a lot of programs.

OSU improves, but they won't be as good as they were with GPII, imo. That guy was a program changer. Stanford scares me, they have some good talent, especially when they snuck away Daejon Davis from Udub. Cal may have the largest drop of any team. They lost everybody and their freshman class isn't great

I think Arizona should be among the favorites to win it all next year. Disclaimer - I thought it was solely between UK and Duke this last season...didn't quite pan out.

Arizona is a preseason top 3 team. Kansas, Michigan St and Zona?

I like the MSU call with Bridges returning. Personally, I'm not high on KU, bc I hate them. My bias aside, as I'm sure you and others agree,, they lose a ton with Jackson and Mason.. Without them, Newman is sort of an unknown, but I always found Azubuike (sp?) an interesting prospect. I'd have to go with UK, especially if they get Bamba.

Looking at a few preseason lists, looks like I'm nothing special saying Arizona should be a favorite. Others have a lot of the usual suspects, with the exception of Wichita State and Xavier. I have no idea how close we were with Shamet... ...but damn it'd have been nice if he came to Boulder instead. I go Zona, UK, Sparty, Xavier (assuming Bluiett returns), and ...I don't know for 5...

Don't sleep on Louisville. Probably going to be Pitino's best team since the natty.

Sure, Louisville is always tough. I'm not saying he's going to be a great pro, but I'm just amazed by Mitchell. I thought he was great. Now, they may be better next year without him, but in the much-too-early preseason conversation, I put Louisville more like Top 10ish?, as opposed to top 5. I had to look it up, but Deng Adel apparently may also leave - not irreplaceable, but still a decent loss.

I wonder how USC will do. They have a lot of talent. They could be an elite team next year.

They'll be young. But with Holiday and Welsh, they've got a couple key pieces since they know who will have the ball in his hands and who is manning the post. And that recruiting class is sick. I don't think they'll be as good as they were this year, but they could be. I expect more of a half court team that plays more through the post, though.

They'll be young. But with Holiday and Welsh, they've got a couple key pieces since they know who will have the ball in his hands and who is manning the post. And that recruiting class is sick. I don't think they'll be as good as they were this year, but they could be. I expect more of a half court team that plays more through the post, though.

Didn't Welsh & Holiday declare for the draft?

EDIT - declared, but didn't hire agent. So probably going back.

Yeah, Sparty has a top 5 big signed and may not be done. Brian Bowen seemed to be down to Arizona and MSU, and with Trier coming back to Arizona, Izzo could be looking at one of his best classes. There's also a kid named Brandon McCoy that I know absolutely nothing about, but was McD's. He had a top 5 with Sparty in it. Even without Bowen or McCoy though, I think Izzo had a good team to work with.

Yeah, Sparty has a top 5 big signed and may not be done. Brian Bowen seemed to be down to Arizona and MSU, and with Trier coming back to Arizona, Izzo could be looking at one of his best classes. There's also a kid named Brandon McCoy that I know absolutely nothing about, but was McD's. He had a top 5 with Sparty in it. Even without Bowen or McCoy though, I think Izzo had a good team to work with.
McCoy might also be signing with Oregon. Big spring for the Pac-12 on the recruiting trail.

Back