What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Early Predictions for 2010 Big 12....Fort Worth (less) paper

Idot Buff

This will put you in a great mood....

Northern exposure

An early projection of the 2010 Big 12 North Division:
North Division
1. Nebraska: The Cornhuskers are capable of ending the South Division’s six-year run of conference champions.
2. Missouri: Promising QB Blaine Gabbert will be surrounded by an experienced offensive line and defense.
3. Kansas State: Coach Bill Snyder will find plenty of playmakers from the JC ranks to support a decent nucleus from a 6-6 team.
4. Kansas: First-year coach Turner Gill inherits a favorable schedule: No games against Texas, Oklahoma or Texas Tech.
5. Iowa State: The Cyclones’ talent level is not bad. But they must play all three South Division bullies: Texas, Oklahoma and Texas Tech.
6. Colorado: This is a make-or-break season for coach Dan Hawkins, whose roster needs more speed to improve in 2010.

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/story/1889040-p3.html

Good let them sleep on CU. I hope the whole country feels that way(except recruits). That will make the rise through the B12 feel even more special.

Good let them sleep on CU. I hope the whole country feels that way(except recruits). That will make the rise through the B12 feel even more special.

WTF?!??!!! I want some of whatever you're smokin'. What even gives you the remotest idea that we are going to be markedly better than last year?

WTF?!??!!! I want some of whatever you're smokin'. What even gives you the remotest idea that we are going to be markedly better than last year?

"Somewhere South of Sane!" Now I understand. I had to figure out why the ridiculous response. If you look at this past years roster with one wr with a catch in game(scotty). And compare that with this years wr group(no need to get into all the added talent) than you need to have your head examined if you don't think we will be better. I'm not saying B12 champs but I don't think a losing record is on tap. O line and D line should both improve but if your thinking 4-8 or 3-9 again I think(and hope) your in for a pleasant surprise. Your response says you are looking at a team with no shot of accomplishing anything positive. For that reason I thing you truly are "Somewhere South of Sane".

"Somewhere South of Sane!" Now I understand. I had to figure out why the ridiculous response. If you look at this past years roster with one wr with a catch in game(scotty). And compare that with this years wr group(no need to get into all the added talent) than you need to have your head examined if you don't think we will be better. I'm not saying B12 champs but I don't think a losing record is on tap. O line and D line should both improve but if your thinking 4-8 or 3-9 again I think(and hope) your in for a pleasant surprise. Your response says you are looking at a team with no shot of accomplishing anything positive. For that reason I thing you truly are "Somewhere South of Sane".

I would agree with this except the schedule next year is pretty brutal.

Right now I can't argue with what their saying. I think we should be better, but most everyone else will probably be better too.

Toosh ya doosh...I hope you're right...With b*ttsniffeddie at the helm I can only think that it's business as usual. Talkins has yet to show he can utilize talent, much less recognize it. I want nothing more than a rise to power by the Buffs, but I haven't seen anything from this staff that gives me a spark of hope.

Sad state of affairs when ISU is projected higher than us despite having to play OU, UT, and TT next year.

I have no doubt we will finish last in the North. I do think we may win a few more than last year though, I'm thinking 5 maybe 6 wins if we are lucky.

Sad state of affairs when ISU is projected higher than us despite having to play OU, UT, and TT next year.

they did beat NU in Lincoln and win a bowl game over another BCS opponent. being picked last sucks, but I can see the logic there. we stink and won 3 games. i'd to rally to the defense of my team, but i'm kinda washed on that over the last few years. head over heart, these days.

Last edited:
haven't we heard this Nebraska stuff before..."breakout year" for Callahan etc. i don't think they are that automatic.

wasn't like the Pac 10 was anything special this bowl season. not sure what beating UA really means. they played UT tough (and maybe should have won minus kicking the ball OOB)....but, i was not ever too sold on Texas. a D that takes away Shipley and the deep ball with good db's made UT one-dimensional. only the dink/dunk stuff and McCoy on the QB draw on 3rd down.

Last edited:
It's hard for me to come up with a reasonable explanation of why we should be any better than last in the North. Hawkins has lost twice as many games as he's won. He's won exactly *two* road games since he's gotten here, and *zero* in the last two years. The talent he brings in gets worse as it progresses through the program. He had all spring and fall practice to prepare for a depleted CSU squad that still came in to Boulder and kicked our ass. We're paper thin at RB. Our supposed starter at QB has the shortest of leashes, our special teams is more like special ed. In looking at our schedule next year, I'm hard pressed to find more than two games that we should be favored to win. If I were writing a column predicting the outcome of the B12 North next year, I'd put us last, too. Sorry, but facts are facts and the truth hurts.

haven't we heard this Nebraska stuff before..."breakout year" for Callahan etc. i don't think they are that automatic.

wasn't like the Pac 10 was anything special this bowl season. not sure what beating UA really means. they played UT tough (and maybe should have won minus kicking the ball OOB)....but, i was not ever too sold on Texas. a D that takes away Shipley and the deep ball with good db's made UT one-dimensional. only the dink/dunk stuff and McCoy on the QB draw on 3rd down.

Well if you weren't sold on this year's Big12 Champ, then I don't think it's a strech to say neb might end the South's run, right?

It's hard for me to come up with a reasonable explanation of why we should be any better than last in the North. Hawkins has lost twice as many games as he's won. He's won exactly *two* road games since he's gotten here, and *zero* in the last two years. The talent he brings in gets worse as it progresses through the program. He had all spring and fall practice to prepare for a depleted CSU squad that still came in to Boulder and kicked our ass. We're paper thin at RB. Our supposed starter at QB has the shortest of leashes, our special teams is more like special ed. In looking at our schedule next year, I'm hard pressed to find more than two games that we should be favored to win. If I were writing a column predicting the outcome of the B12 North next year, I'd put us last, too. Sorry, but facts are facts and the truth hurts.

I agree, unfortunately. I bought into the turnaround hype coming into 2009, but those first couple of games were punches to the gut. Even though the team played solid at times down the line, the fact is this past season was an embarrassment for Colorado football. I'd love to be wrong and see CU win 8 games this upcoming season, but I just can't logically see that happening.

Man I hate this.

I would pick us to finish last, too. We are probably the worst team in the conference, particularly when you consider that ISU appears to be on the up and that Baylor gets Griffin back next year.

You can thank Dan Hawkins for this.

Back